Hmm... maybe this ... idk what did it do?

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
A new idea... idk if stupid or smart so checking with my awesome realm peeps that are easy going. Once you hit 90 you are mailed level 450 gear for all your slots but before you take the gear theres three boxes you pick one the letter deletes itself after you take it. Depending on your class is how many boxes. Paladin 3, Druid 3 or 4, Priest 2, Warrior 2, so on. Oh ya, the boxes all have gear depending on your spec.
Edited by Unpuré on 4/9/2013 5:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
Blizzard isn't going to hand out free gear when people can easily get it from doing quests in Dread Wastes and buying it from the AH. You aren't the first to suggest it, and you won't be the last, but it's something Blizzard will never do.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I agree with Joy here. Its basically handing over gear when you can earn it by questing. with the advent of scenarios, gearing is a lot safer and less of a hardship.

also - if they sent out gear based on spec, so many healers would be screwed over. I know my priest quested in shadow, and countless paladin healers quest in retribution.

mailing multiple boxes is even worse - each spec of classes can have very different priorities. saying 2 different sets for priests is bad, cuz holy and Discipline value very VERY different stats with an itemlevel of 450, and even changes some with scaling as they get closer to 463 or 476.

it is a very carebear thing to ponder, but frankly we don't need more Carebear options out there - we need more efficient options to gearing. the real problem lies in the fact that it is all gated poorly behind dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Nah. For more reasons than Care Bear thing. If you have a gear crafting profession like Blacksmithing or Leatherworking you can make serious dough off of selling lowbie gear, even without being a scalper about it. Besides, they already do something similar to that when you first get to Pandaria and it made me mad when I saw it because all the gear I crafted to sell was damn near worthless.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Essentially this is what TOR does. You hit max level and they give you tokens to buy *almost* a full set of the first tier of gear. The general thought, as far as I can tell, is to get people at a gear level needed to start in on the second tier.

Is it good or bad? Who knows. It just means you save a little bit of time in your gear grind. Really, I don't think WoW needs that -- except for when LFR refused to drop anything for my druid for months, and heroics just laughed at my attempt for gear. What's that? Want to use a coin on a raid boss? GOLD FOR YOU! I'm not bitter or anything....
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
so what you want is a system like swtor has, how is that game doing btw
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]