High Elves of Dalaran

When the High Elves were banished from Quel'thalas, there was a lot of upset and angry citizens who ended up having to fend for themselves out in the scourged wilderness.

From what I gather, the Silver Covenant is largely made up of those that are upset and angry at Lor'themar and the Blood Elves for what they did.

Why aren't the High Elves at large (those not affiliated with SC but with Dalaran) not angry with the decision of Lor'themar Theron to banish the naysayers.

Is it something that has to do with Dalaran being under a bubble for all those years, that the ones who stayed within didn't know?
Reply Quote
Opinions are going to vary, Seebach, you can't treat high elves as a bunch of Silver Covenant clones.

And here's an idea to blow your mind: some of those non SC High Elves might actually support the new regime in Quel'thalas. Especially post Sunwell restoration.
Reply Quote
It might simply be a case of they're Dalaranians, not Thalassians, and so they didnt care as it didnt affect them

Alternatively, the SC itself formed for the sole purpose of denying the Sunreavers entry to the Kirin Tor, so perhaps the KT Helves do feel resentment towards it, but didnt care about Belf additions to their ranks.
Reply Quote
Opinions are going to vary, Seebach, you can't treat high elves as a bunch of Silver Covenant clones.

I'm not looking for opinions, and I'm also not trying to reduce the non Silver covenant High Elves into clones.

I'm not pushing an Alliance vs. Horde agenda in this thread believe it or not. I'm trying to get a feel for each set of Elves (Quel'dorei/Quel'dorei SC/Sin'dorei)

Why is a group of Dalaran High Elf Citizens not as butthurt about Lor'themar's decision as the Silver Covenant ones came to be.

it didnt affect them

Surely it did affect them, as the Sunwell being lost means they were having withdrawal, and with no guidance or rhyme to knowing why, I would assume they would go looking for answers. Unless I'm actually getting the time line wrong here, and all the High Elves were aware in some way (aside from withdrawal symptoms) that the Sunwell was destroyed.

04/12/2013 03:08 PMPosted by Cártian
the SC itself formed for the sole purpose of denying the Sunreavers entry to the Kirin Tor,

Yes, I'm in total agreement on this. Vereesa heard that Aethas was trying to get blood elves formally of Dalaran reinstated into the city as well as Kirin Tor, she got upset and rallied all of the dissidents that were expelled from Quel'thalas for not following the path of devouring magics from other people.

I'm assuming that's about right.
Reply Quote
Surely it did affect them, as the Sunwell being lost means they were having withdrawal, and with no guidance or rhyme to knowing why, I would assume they would go looking for answers. Unless I'm actually getting the time line wrong here, and all the High Elves were aware in some way (aside from withdrawal symptoms) that the Sunwell was destroyed.

Wasn't it shown in the Quel'Delar quests that High Elves were permitted in Quel'Danas after it reignited or something?

And I can know Helves elsewhere suffered addiction (EPL for example), but they're in Dalaran. I'm sure they have something there to sate mana addiction, being the wizard city and all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I'm wagering they know what happened and or the High Elves that got kicked out fled to Dalaran maybe? One of those scenarios or the worst one "They just know just cause."
Reply Quote
I'll have to pick up another Broken Hilt and redo the quest line, it has been a while.

Also, I imagine so, but then I remember Vereesa fighting off her magical addiction, and using the love of her newborn children help her stave off the pangs.
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
Kind of make me wonder if the high elves start to drink the moonwell if they would grow up bigger and stronger with fhe night elf male and female atheltic figure only with white skin and blue eyes.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I wonder if they will build their own magical well in Dalaran or wherever it lands.
Reply Quote
I wonder if they will build their own magical well in Dalaran or wherever it lands.

We're all out of Eternity water now, aren't we?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
04/12/2013 03:51 PMPosted by Cártian

I have no clue.
Reply Quote

Or are we?
Reply Quote
04/12/2013 03:52 PMPosted by Chenwoo

I have no clue.

Eh, we rounded up several of Illidan's stash. I lost track of how many have been used.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I thought the remaining high elves were just the 10% that turned their back on their own people, er, I mean didn't follow Kael'thas?
Reply Quote
It might simply be a case of they're Dalaranians, not Thalassians, and so they didnt care as it didnt affect them

This is my best bet. There are plenty of high elves of Dalaran affiliated with the <Kirin Tor> rather than <Silver Covenant> faction.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I thought the remaining high elves were just the 10% that turned their back on their own people, er, I mean didn't follow Kael'thas?

That's not accurate.
Reply Quote
04/12/2013 04:30 PMPosted by Omacron

This is my best bet. There are plenty of high elves of Dalaran affiliated with the <Kirin Tor> rather than <Silver Covenant> faction.

So actually, this has to do with the High Elves from 3000 years ago that helped form the first council, and so instead they no longer view Quel'thalas as THIER HOME per se, but that Dalaran is their actual home.

How long do High Elves live again? I remember Kael' being several hundred?
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Death Knight
Kael'thas' father was said to have lived for at least 3k Years, and that his advanced age was the reason why Arthas overcame him.
Reply Quote
Now I just need to put all of the info into a time line to get the better history of High Elf to Blood Elf conversion
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]