High Elves of Dalaran

90 Night Elf Druid
Kind of make me wonder if the high elves start to drink the moonwell if they would grow up bigger and stronger with fhe night elf male and female atheltic figure only with white skin and blue eyes.

There isn't one individual moonwell, There are alot of them everywhere and are filled with the Waters of The well of eternity, the druids draw power from them.
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
04/12/2013 07:37 PMPosted by Cäleb
Kind of make me wonder if the high elves start to drink the moonwell if they would grow up bigger and stronger with fhe night elf male and female atheltic figure only with white skin and blue eyes.

There isn't one individual moonwell, There are alot of them everywhere and are filled with the Waters of The well of eternity, the druids draw power from them.

Aren't those moonwell more blessed by elune then say cenarious?
Reply Quote
04/12/2013 04:58 PMPosted by Seebach

This is my best bet. There are plenty of high elves of Dalaran affiliated with the <Kirin Tor> rather than <Silver Covenant> faction.

So actually, this has to do with the High Elves from 3000 years ago that helped form the first council, and so instead they no longer view Quel'thalas as THIER HOME per se, but that Dalaran is their actual home.

How long do High Elves live again? I remember Kael' being several hundred?

There was a chart on wowwiki yes, wowwiki. Wowpedia didn't have an equivalent article that I found while searching) that said 2000 under normal circumstances..

But, of course, 1. It's wowwiki 2. I believe the info came from the now non-canon RPG books, so take that as you will.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
04/12/2013 03:03 PMPosted by Seebach
Why aren't the High Elves at large (those not affiliated with SC but with Dalaran) not angry with the decision of Lor'themar Theron to banish the naysayers.

I might sound dense for asking, but what exactly gives you the impression that they're not angry with the Sin'dorei? You can adamantly disagree with something without becoming a militant (for instance, I hate taxes, but you won't see me sending threats towards the IRS).
Reply Quote
I might sound dense for asking, but what exactly gives you the impression that they're not angry with the Sin'dorei?

My only answer to this is that they are actually trading with them and are not hostile like the Silver Covenant. I think what Cartian said page 1 made a lot of sense. The Dalaran affiliated High Elves are simply that, born and raised citizens of Dalaran, not born in Quel'thalas. Thus they were actually never "evicted" so to speak.

This does leave a question: Is the Silver Covenant comprised mainly of dissidents from Quel'thalas with some Angry Dalaran Quel'dorei who are upset with the horde political party from the 2nd war. Or is it mainly just one group or the other?

With Vereesa as their leader, who was born and raised in Quel'thalas, I would have to assume it is the former in this matter.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

So actually, this has to do with the High Elves from 3000 years ago that helped form the first council, and so instead they no longer view Quel'thalas as THIER HOME per se, but that Dalaran is their actual home.

How long do High Elves live again? I remember Kael' being several hundred?

There was a chart on wowwiki yes, wowwiki. Wowpedia didn't have an equivalent article that I found while searching) that said 2000 under normal circumstances..

But, of course, 1. It's wowwiki 2. I believe the info came from the now non-canon RPG books, so take that as you will.

The chart on WoWWiki did indeed come from the decanonized RPG, but we do have evidence that naturall high elves live for a long time.

The first, as others have pointed out, is Anasterian Sunstrider. Anasterian was the king of the elves during the Troll Wars, 2,200 years before the opening of the dark portal. He was also king of the elves up to the scourge invasion of WCIII, meaning his reign lasted around 2,220 years. While he was said to be in his autumn years by the Scourge Invasion in RotLK, there is no reason to believe his lifespan is at all unusual for a high elf.

Now, the Warcraft encyclopedia, which was taken down from the site but has never been contradicted, states that all elves, blood, high and non-immortal night elves, live for "several thousand" years (http://www.wowpedia.org/The_Warcraft_Encyclopedia/High_Elves_and_Blood_Elves). We don't know how old Anasterian was before he took the throne but I would not be surprised if he was pushing 3,000 by his death.
Reply Quote
04/13/2013 10:33 AMPosted by Seebach
My only answer to this is that they are actually trading with them and are not hostile like the Silver Covenant. I think what Cartian said page 1 made a lot of sense. The Dalaran affiliated High Elves are simply that, born and raised citizens of Dalaran, not born in Quel'thalas. Thus they were actually never "evicted" so to speak.

I have to point out that participation in trade/exchange doesn't necessarily denote a lack of hostility. For instance, there was an exuberant amount of trading/exchanging going on between the Romans, the Germans and the Celts (both Continental and Insular) during the late years of the republic even while the latter two were being aggressively conquered and coerced by the former. (This period being the Gallic Wars.)

Though with that said, I tend to agree about the rest of what you're saying. They, the HE's of Dalaran, are most likely composed primarily of individuals that were born in Dalaran and therefore harbor no outside allegiances or else of individuals who were born outside of Dalaran but have lived there for countless decades and/or centuries.

It's also possible that a number of them fit into neither of those categories and instead come from outside areas in more recent times, say, Quel'Lithien or Quel'Danil. They would have different reasons for opting to live in Dalaran, of course, that being simply to aid the Alliance while maintaining relations with their own kind (the largest known grouping of which is in Dalaran).

This does leave a question: Is the Silver Covenant comprised mainly of dissidents from Quel'thalas with some Angry Dalaran Quel'dorei who are upset with the horde political party from the 2nd war. Or is it mainly just one group or the other?

With Vereesa as their leader, who was born and raised in Quel'thalas, I would have to assume it is the former in this matter.

It appears to me, at least in-game, that the bulk of the Silver Covenant is comprised of rangers. If we consider that Dalaran is supposed to be a city utilized almost entirely by magical practitioners, then it stands to reason that most of the SC aren't natives. Also, coupling this paragraphs supposition with the notion of refugees from Quel'Lithien and Quel'Danil makes it seem all the more reasonable.
Edited by Fyorsing on 4/13/2013 2:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/13/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Fyorsing
Quel'Lithien

Quel'lithien is occupied by the High Elves that were exiled, it was the place Lor'themar visited in his short story.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Quel%27Lithien

After the dramatic events that transpired on the Isle of Quel'Danas, a somewhat repentant Lor'themar - now the sole leader of Quel'Thalas - made the journey to the lodge once more. He offered Renthar and his company aid and supplies, now that the Ghostlands had become more secure. However, Renthar cited Nathanos' onslaught and his own banishment as reason enough to decline his offers, and Renthar ordered Lor'themar to begone from the lodge instead.

04/13/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Fyorsing
Quel'Danil

Quel'Danil seems to be of the same sort, since they stopped using magic altogether as per Warriors: United story from Legends Volume 5 of the Warcraft Manga series.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Quel%27Danil

After the loss of the Sunwell, the Quel'Danil elves decided to stop practicing magic altogether.

This would imply that the inhabitants of Quel'Danil were some of the banished of Silvermoon
Edited by Seebach on 4/13/2013 3:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This would imply that the inhabitants of Quel'Danil were some of the banished of Silvermoon

I never suggested otherwise. The categories of High Elves within Dalaran would be summarized as such:

--Native Citizens of Dalaran, born in the city.
--Naturalized Citizens of Dalaran, born elsewhere but living in the city for decades/centuries.
--Refugees of Dalaran, born elsewhere but only recently arriving from other HE holdouts.
Edited by Fyorsing on 4/13/2013 7:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
When the High Elves were banished from Quel'thalas, there was a lot of upset and angry citizens who ended up having to fend for themselves out in the scourged wilderness.

From what I gather, the Silver Covenant is largely made up of those that are upset and angry at Lor'themar and the Blood Elves for what they did.

Why aren't the High Elves at large (those not affiliated with SC but with Dalaran) not angry with the decision of Lor'themar Theron to banish the naysayers.

Is it something that has to do with Dalaran being under a bubble for all those years, that the ones who stayed within didn't know?

To begin with, we can assume all Elves from Dalaran were banished during Garithos command. It would be quite awkward if some Elves were still around after what he did with the rest of them.

Secondly, this lead us to believe all of them ended up in Silvermoon because, well, any elf that actually supported Kael would be in Outlands and should be called a Blood Elf. If they are qualified as High Elf, they were banished from Quel'thalas, living or not. Quel'thalas was their homeland, doesn't really matter if they had born on another city, that's where their heritage came from, unless we are talking about some random individuals I don't think any of them wouldn't have a feeling that Quel'thalas was their true home.

Thirdly, Kiron Tor is Alliance and has always been. It merely means that some Alliance took the position of neutrality to work with the Horde, they were against the war between these factions, doesn't mean if any aggression came from the Horde they would just sit idle by, pretend nothing happened or just don't care, which is the case. Part of their people were forced out, like them, Alliance, with their lives threaned both due what they would have to endure and the fact Silvermoon weapons were aimed at them if they refused to leave, so I don't really think anyone wouldn't feel somehow angry at that. At least if they care anything about fairness.

This is my best bet. There are plenty of high elves of Dalaran affiliated with the <Kirin Tor> rather than <Silver Covenant> faction.

Silver Covenant are part of the the Kirin Tor. It's as if you people were talking about SC and Sunreavers. If we can consider High Elf as some sort of "apart from both faction, neutral", then we could assume there are Blood Elves still in there. But here's the problem, I don't think the lore states anything like that. If you are a Blood Elf, you're Horde sided. If you are a High Elf, you're Alliance.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Seebach,

Being a long lived and short numbered race, I would guess that there is *a lot* of blood relation between high elves and blood elves... We have been told that the only difference of blood elves to the high elves is that the blood kind was exposed to fel energy... In many cases because they abused it, but I remember reading a Q&A that they told even being near fel energy would make a high elf turn...

So, those high elf citizens are just seeing brothers, sisters, cousins, old familiar faces probably... And it goes both ways.

Not many blood elves are fond of the deeds of the past... Even Lor'themar tried to mend fences with some high elves, sending supplies... Also, if you do the Quel'delar quest line from Wrath, you will note that there are opened portals from Dalaran to the Sunwell, where high elves pilgrims come to visit Quel'danas

Up until the Sunreaver crysis, the relationship between high and blood elves was getting better and better...
Edited by Phelioz on 4/13/2013 10:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Being a long lived and shot numbered I race, I would guess that there is *a lot* of blood relation between high elves and blood elves... We have been told that the only difference of blood elves to the high elves is that the blood kind was exposed to fel energy... In many cases because they abused it, but I remember reading a Q&A that they told even being near fel energy would make a high elf turn...

not sure if that is true. the Helves in outland would have turned if ambient fel energy was enough to cause the change in eye color.

orcs do change just because the ambient fel energy is there though

honestly it is an inconsistancy in the lore as to how ambient fel energy effects elves and other races. we know it turns orcs from brown to green to red.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
not sure if that is true

Yeah, same...
I found the reference... It's from Ask CDev, the text is available at Wowpedia:

How did the blood elven fel eye glint become so widespread? The Warcraft Encyclopedia suggests that Rommath only taught the blood elves of Azeroth about how to siphon arcane magic, as most of the populace would likely be "horrified" if they knew the true extent of Kael's dealings with Illidan.
The situation regarding blood elf eyes is, in fact, extremely similar to that of the green skin of orcs: just being around heavy use of fel magic turned the eyes of the blood elves green. You could be the most pious of priests or most outdoorsy of Farstriders, chances are, if you were a high elf in Quel'Thalas or Outland following the Third War, you were around fel energies, and your eyes would turn green. Like the orcs' skin color, such an effect would take a very long time to wear off. Fel magic works a bit like radiation in this sense; it permeates the area and seeps into anything in the vicinity. Anything near a source of fel magic shows signs of slight corruption, it just so happens that high elves and orcs manifest it in a very visual way.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I should also point out that the blood elves of outland settled primarily in very heavily fel-tainted areas: Hellfire Peninsula, Netherstorm and Shadowmoon Valley. The high elves of Allerian Stronghold were in Terokkar, which (save for Auchindoun) is relatively unscathed.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
In many cases because they abused it, but I remember reading a Q&A that they told even being near fel energy would make a high elf turn...

That was more like an excuse to keep their eyes green after the Sunwell was restored. Many of them didn't have any real reason to keep using fel.

They just had to justify the fact all Blood Elves had green eyes.

Up until the Sunreaver crysis, the relationship between high and blood elves was getting better and better...

I don't think so. Theron short story was basically made to split them for sure. Just some sort of relation isn't enough to make them friends and restore everything to it's course.

People tend to take personal when you banish and left them to fend off for themselves. If he were that nice, why didn't he gave supplies when they were exiled, to begin with?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
04/13/2013 10:53 PMPosted by Phelioz
not sure if that is true

Yeah, same...

How did the blood elven fel eye glint become so widespread? The Warcraft Encyclopedia suggests that Rommath only taught the blood elves of Azeroth about how to siphon arcane magic, as most of the populace would likely be "horrified" if they knew the true extent of Kael's dealings with Illidan.
The situation regarding blood elf eyes is, in fact, extremely similar to that of the green skin of orcs: just being around heavy use of fel magic turned the eyes of the blood elves green. You could be the most pious of priests or most outdoorsy of Farstriders, chances are, if you were a high elf in Quel'Thalas or Outland following the Third War, you were around fel energies, and your eyes would turn green. Like the orcs' skin color, such an effect would take a very long time to wear off. Fel magic works a bit like radiation in this sense; it permeates the area and seeps into anything in the vicinity. Anything near a source of fel magic shows signs of slight corruption, it just so happens that high elves and orcs manifest it in a very visual way.

that still doesnt explain Helves in outland being normal. that place has ore saturated with fel magic. also the main Helf settlements were in fel heavy areas. if it is the frost wolf excuse... then there should be no Helves in outland... unless they secretly were chilling with garrosh and co in narggrad.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
04/13/2013 11:03 PMPosted by Juibloc

Yeah, same...

that still doesnt explain Helves in outland being normal. that place has ore saturated with fel magic. also the main Helf settlements were in fel heavy areas. if it is the frost wolf excuse... then there should be no Helves in outland... unless they secretly were chilling with garrosh and co in narggrad.

There's only one (partial) high elf settlement in Outland and it's in Terokkar
Reply Quote
I always figured that A'dal's presence in Shatt countered fel energy both in the city and in Terokkar. So it's kind of a haven.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock

There's only one (partial) high elf settlement in Outland and it's in Terokkar

arent there high elves in the hellfire settlement, it being the first settlement the alliance had on outland? all others being offshoots of that settlment?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]