High Elves of Dalaran

100 Dwarf Warrior
Alright, I finally went and looked it up. The earliest known composition was during Day of the Dragon, when it consisted of:
Antonidas
Kel'Thuzad
Kael'thas
Drenden
Krasus
Modera

Antonidas was replaced by Rhonin, then Jaina.
Kel'Thuzad was likely replaced by Ansirem Runeweaver, since he was on the Council around the time of Warcraft 3.
Kael'thas was replaced by Aethas Sunreaver, whose replacement is not known (and possibly has not been chosen).
Drenden and Krasus were replaced by Khadgar and Karlain.
And Modera is a freaking SURVIVOR.
Edited by Vegdrasil on 4/18/2013 11:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Aethas replaced Kael. He's newish.

you sure? Just read through the first through paragraphs of his wowpedia page and I only see "Yeah, he was around when they made dalaran fly"

Alright, I finally went and looked it up. The earliest known composition was during Day of the Dragon, when it consisted of:
Antonidas
Kel'Thuzad
Kael'thas
Drenden
Modera
Krasus

nevermind.
Edited by Cártian on 4/18/2013 11:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I quote, directly from Tides of War:

"This was Archmage Aethas Sunreaver, the blood elf who had struggled as hard to gain admittance in the Kirin Tor as Vareesa had struggled to forbid it."

Other Council members at this time include Rhonin, Modera, Ansirem Runewaever, Karlain, and Khadgar.
Reply Quote
"This was Archmage Aethas Sunreaver, the blood elf who had struggled as hard to gain admittance in the Kirin Tor as Vareesa had struggled to forbid it."

Fair enough. I havnt read ToW yet.

But he was in the Council during his efforts in Wrath as well, wasnt he?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
04/18/2013 11:18 AMPosted by Cártian

I don't think it was explicitly stated, but it seems likely.
Reply Quote
04/18/2013 11:18 AMPosted by Cártian

I would say yes. Seems like he and Vereesa turned up at the same time. And I know for sure Vereesa is in Dalaran in the Wrath era, standing right next to Rhonin.

I vaguely recall Aethas being inside Ulduar before you start the Flame Leviathan encounter, along with other council members.

Just checked Wowpedia, and it says that Aethas is in the Violet Citadel during the Wrath era. So there you go.
Edited by Sybhyl on 4/18/2013 11:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Just checked Wowpedia, and it says that Aethas is in the Violet Citadel during the Wrath era. So there you go.

I'm aware he was in the Violet Citadel, but I meant actually on the Council of Six itself.
Reply Quote
According to the Wowpedia entry, he's in the Council during the Wrath era.
Reply Quote
He definitely wasn't on the Council when he was appointed as Medivh's apprentice (which was pre-WC1; Medivh was already dead by WC2)

Yep, I'm dumb, I meant went through the Dark Portal, not pursued Medivh.
Reply Quote
Antonidas
Kel'Thuzad
Kael'thas
Drenden
Krasus
Modera

Antonidas was replaced by Rhonin, then Jaina.
Kel'Thuzad was likely replaced by Ansirem Runeweaver, since he was on the Council around the time of Warcraft 3.
Kael'thas was replaced by Aethas Sunreaver, whose replacement is not known (and possibly has not been chosen).
Drenden and Krasus were replaced by Khadgar and Karlain.
And Modera is a freaking SURVIVOR.

Okay, so it goes

Antonidas (War 2 3 - Died during War 3), Rhonin (War 3 - Sometime after Dalaran was retaken), (Jaina - After Rhonin's death ToW - Present)

Kel'thuzad (War 2 - Left around the start of War 3?), Ansirem Runeweaver (War 3 - Present)

Kael'thas (War 2 3 - Left during middle of war 3), Aethas Sunreaver (Wotlk - Mists)

Drenden (War 2 3 - Dissapeared after the siege of Dalaran), Karlain (Sometime before ToW)

Krasus (War 2 - Left before War 3 - Did he show back up for his spot before his death?), Khadgar (ToW or earlier? - Current)

Modera (As Vegs put it, FREAKING SURVIVOR!)

So of these people, the only ruling council of the Kirin Tor that could have even voiced their concern for Kael and the elves treatment at the hands of Garithos was Modera and Ansirem Runeweaver.

Was there anything to suggest that they were not comfortable about the decision? Or did Garithos just pull a "Saved your sorry asses, so don't complain about my methods!"
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
According to the Wowpedia entry, he's in the Council during the Wrath era.

You might find something on Theron's short story. I believe he has just been offered a position on the Council. Not really sure, it's been a long time since I've read it.

So of these people, the only ruling council of the Kirin Tor that could have even voiced their concern for Kael and the elves treatment at the hands of Garithos was Modera and Ansirem Runeweaver.

Was there anything to suggest that they were not comfortable about the decision? Or did Garithos just pull a "Saved your sorry asses, so don't complain about my methods!"

Well, Rommath is quite mad at both because they seemed indifferent to what Garithos was about to do with the Elves.

I think what happened is that, like Jaina and the Purge of Dalaran, Garithos might had the authority to do so, even though he wasn't chosen by the Council.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
04/18/2013 03:33 PMPosted by Matoya
They are. They took revenge on the Sunreavers by committing Genocide and becoming like Arthas. Wouldnt be suprised if they didnt try to either destroy or conquer the Sunwell with the Alliance.
Genocide is a word that gets thrown around far too often where it doesn't apply. This is one of those cases. They were imprisoning a political faction and killing those who resisted; they were not exterminating a cultural group.
Edited by Vegdrasil on 4/18/2013 3:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I would remind you to please be considerate to the thread Matoya. We aren't discussing the current events of Dalaran vs. Sunreavers.

This is back in the day as we go to discover the events of the elves splintering.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Genocide is a word that gets thrown around far too often where it doesn't apply. This is one of those cases. They were imprisoning a political faction and killing those who resisted; they were not exterminating a cultural group.

This only applies to Jaina. Vereesa was killing and torturing innocent Blood Elves.
Reply Quote
http://i.imgur.com/RVHb4bi.gif

Right now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
This only applies to Jaina. Vereesa was killing and torturing innocent Blood Elves.

We'll agree to disagree, if only to avoid derailing this.

As for what you stated earlier, Seebach, is there an existing source for your comment about Blizzard not wanting there to be a political divide between High Elves and Blood Elves?
Reply Quote
77 Undead Priest
I'm not so sure I agree with this. Garithos is barnone an all around racist when it comes to non humans. I don't think it mattered if they were the newly sired "Blood Elves" or the aforementioned "High Elves of Dalaran".

It might have.

As you mention later in this post, he was angry because he believed the High Elves of Quel'thalas (later the Blood Elves of Quel'thalas) ignored the plea for help that many humans living on the outskirts of Quel'thals gave. This would include his, Garithos', family.

It is just as possible that he would distinguish between the 'cowardly elves' who allowed women and children to be butchered as they watched from their spellshielded towers and those 'brave elves' who stood with Dalaran, and humans, as the Scourge razed it.

I am curious as to where you were able to find this information as it is inaccurate. Garithos hated all Elves no matter what affiliation they had and his policies reflected this hate of all races except of course Humans. He believed the Alliance was made for the sole purpose of defending Human. And this belief is the reason he blamed the Elves. Not as you believe that they ignored the pleas of his family but that the Elves diverted forces away from protecting Humans to protect the Elves. As such all of decision on the battlefield were done with the intention of preserving Human life at the expense of the other races.

Ask cdev round 3 answer
Q: Can we get some information on Garithos? Where he was from and on whose orders was he acting? Was there any significant event in his past that caused his hatred of non-human races?

A: Grand Marshal Othmar Garithos was the only son of a baron who ruled over lands in what would later be the Eastern Plaguelands that bordered Quel’Thalas. While his father ruled from the town of Blackwood on the shores of the similarly-named lake, Garithos joined the army as a knight during the Second War, where he saw combat in Quel’Thalas defending the elves’ homeland from invading orcs. While he was in Quel’Thalas, however, a small band of orcs broke off from the main invading force and burned his home town to the ground, killing all of its inhabitants in spite of the valorous defense marshaled by its lord. Othmar’s family perished doing their duty, defending the homes and lives of their subjects. He blamed the elves for the loss of his town and family, believing that the elves diverted forces away from the Alliance’s true goal: the defense of humanity alone. After his father’s death, Garithos was awarded his title and continued his service in the armies of Lordaeron. By the time of the Scourging of Lordaeron, he had attained the rank of Grand Marshal and was the highest ranked surviving military officer in the region, promoted not necessarily due to his own abilities, but his father’s reputation and title. Cut off from the chain of command, Garithos amassed a small army of volunteers and conscripted civilians, and gave them the mission that he assumed the Alliance should have always had: the preservation of humanity above all else. Despite the ad-hoc nature of his forces, other states recognized him as potentially the last remnant of Lordaeron’s government and certainly the strongest warlord in the area. As such, officials from neighboring non-human states such as Ironforge and Quel’Thalas sent him aid, ignorant of his intolerant policies.
Edited by Deathssage on 4/20/2013 10:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]