Rob Pardo back as Lead Designer for Expac #5.

(Locked)

I am feeling really good about expansion 5.

For those that don't know, Rob Pardo was the Lead Designer for WoW'nilla and The Burning Crusade. I think we're about to reach WoW's golden-age with expansion 5.
Edited by Trailed on 4/14/2013 12:29 AM PDT
90 Worgen Priest
Can something have more than one golden age?
Can something have more than one golden age?

WotLK may be considered the golden age because of # of subs but who knows!
90 Human Mage
Methinks a lot of rose-colored glasses will be obliterated.
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm wondering how Pardo being the one that vouched for Jay Wilson leading the D3 team will affect his popularity around here when the next expac launches.

They need to end World of Warcraft: Disney Edition already and get on #5.
I didn't know Disney had death camps and attempted genocide.
Edited by Daralii on 4/14/2013 12:43 AM PDT
90 Worgen Priest
Who's lead Dev of Mop?

I could swear they did.
Edited by Morrice on 4/14/2013 12:47 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Rogue
I'm wondering how Pardo being the one that vouched for Jay Wilson leading the D3 team will affect his popularity around here when the next expac launches.

Honestly that shouldn't make a difference at all, people can get on Jay Wilson all they want for D3 but there are still plenty who enjoy Diablo. Two different games, drastically different mind sets for designing their content.
90 Pandaren Monk
04/14/2013 12:49 AMPosted by Ashuyna

Honestly that shouldn't make a difference at all, people can get on Jay Wilson all they want for D3 but there are still plenty who enjoy Diablo. Two different games, drastically different mind sets for designing their content.
See, that's the rational thing, but a lot of people here aren't rational.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Yay!
90 Night Elf Hunter
Who's lead Dev of Mop?

I could swear they did.
Yep, and they say Walt Disney is still alive hiding underground at Disney Land, occasionally going to the "secret" bar they have there and sometimes sleeping in his penthouse suite.

OT: (Smiley Face)
Edited by Mauklindaufe on 4/14/2013 12:53 AM PDT
90 Draenei Monk
I wouldn't expect a return to BC.
- Technical Support
90 Human Mage
I am feeling really good about expansion 5.

For those that don't know, Rob Pardo was the Lead Designer for WoW'nilla and The Burning Crusade. I think we're about to reach WoW's golden-age with expansion 5.

Nostalgic is a good thing. You can never go back however. Vanilla and BC were good however the current wow players would not like them the vanilla grind makes the current grind easy . Most of the players that played in vanilla have grown up know and have responsibilities.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
You know what I remember about BC? Hybrid tax, Warriors being the only real raid tanks with mechanics designed for their specific kit, and having to do each tier of content to unlock the next tier due to attunement.
100 Draenei Shaman
Erm, I might be saying this in futility, but game development these days isn't done by a single person. An entire team of people contribute to development and what the project ends up as.
- Technical Support
90 Human Mage

Wonder if anybody here has any idea how corrupt disney is. That episode of South Park only scratched the surface.

The number one goal of a company is to make money. It does not make them corrupt. You understand that south park is a comedy and most of the things they poke fun at are not real right?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]