Rob Pardo back as Lead Designer for Expac #5.

(Locked)

90 Orc Warrior
Erm, I might be saying this in futility, but game development these days isn't done by a single person. An entire team of people contribute to development and what the project ends up as.

Well there is some one who "leads it" Like a director I guess.
73 Worgen Rogue
Why the hell do you people wan't to go back to BC times? Do you know how stupid things were back then?
90 Draenei Warrior
Why the hell do you people wan't to go back to BC times? Do you know how stupid things were back then?

Rose colored goggles my friend, find a engineer to craft you some.
73 Worgen Rogue
04/14/2013 02:11 AMPosted by Loiypop

Couldnt cut it huh? Sorry.

This might be prideful and a sin to say but i am very happy my experience in that expansion was 100% more superior than yours. I will die happy going to the grave thinking about that.

Sounds like a pretty shallow life you got there.
90 Pandaren Shaman
I am feeling really good about expansion 5.

For those that don't know, Rob Pardo was the Lead Designer for WoW'nilla and The Burning Crusade. I think we're about to reach WoW's golden-age with expansion 5.

technically, the golden age was the beginning... so Xpac 5 would be the silver age. If thats what you mean, that it will be "good" again after an era of "failure".

Wonder if anybody here has any idea how corrupt disney is. That episode of South Park only scratched the surface.

The number one goal of a company is to make money. It does not make them corrupt. You understand that south park is a comedy and most of the things they poke fun at are not real right?

Whatwhatwhat?!?!?!
90 Goblin Shaman
WotLK isn't part of the golden age? I thought it was pretty good until the Argent Tournament. We got Ulduar out of that expansion.
90 Goblin Shaman
04/14/2013 04:17 AMPosted by Niindra
They need to end World of Warcraft: Disney Edition already and get on #5.

yes, because Disney is the ones that made Kung Fun Panda, despite the fact, that the DVD cover clearly says "Dreamworks" oh, I guess that's just a very weird way to spell "Disney" to you. ¬.¬

and despite the fact, that Blizzard had Pandarian Monks 20 years before Dreamwor...oh I'm sorry..."DISNEY" came up with Kung Fu Panda, they're CLEARLY ripping off Mickey Mouse here.

/sarcasm

Who said Kung Fu Panda, exactly?
90 Gnome Warrior

Nostalgic is a good thing. You can never go back however. Vanilla and BC were good however the current wow players would not like them the vanilla grind makes the current grind easy . Most of the players that played in vanilla have grown up know and have responsibilities.

Yes? That still doesnt mean i want to put forth an effort and earn achievements and things and not have everything handed to me on a silver platter. If i could find a grindy game that operated like wow i would play that.

Forsaken World. REALLY REALLY grindy. Crazy, complicated and almost nonsensical talent trees. Overly complicated professions. Lots and LOTS of stuff to do....
90 Worgen Death Knight
A single designer, even the lead designer will not causes changes that drastic and I strongly doubt they will remove or redo any current class mechanic stuff.
90 Undead Hunter
You know what I remember about BC? Hybrid tax, Warriors being the only real raid tanks with mechanics designed for their specific kit, and having to do each tier of content to unlock the next tier due to attunement.

Don't forget the fact a whopping 2% of the playerbase got to even attempt to raid Sunwell.

For me, Wrath was this game's golden age. It was fun, still challenging(my raid groups had wipe after wipe, but we could still bring new people in because it was easy to gear up) with a great story. MoP's gone back somewhat to this model but Cata really failed in terms of accessibility.
90 Night Elf Druid
I had more fun in WOTLK than any expansion yet.

here's my rate.

Vanilla 8/10

BC 7/10

WOTLK 10/10

Cata 2/10

MoP 2.5/10
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
04/14/2013 04:17 AMPosted by Niindra
They need to end World of Warcraft: Disney Edition already and get on #5.

yes, because Disney is the ones that made Kung Fun Panda, despite the fact, that the DVD cover clearly says "Dreamworks" oh, I guess that's just a very weird way to spell "Disney" to you. ¬.¬

and despite the fact, that Blizzard had Pandarian Monks 20 years before Dreamwor...oh I'm sorry..."DISNEY" came up with Kung Fu Panda, they're CLEARLY ripping off Mickey Mouse here.

/sarcasm

Dude, you do not diss King Mickey. He is more than capable of kicking both Cloud's and Squall's behinds at the same time. He also owns a https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aiu1tNO3E_g.
92 Gnome Mage
Pardo is an ex-Everquest hardcore raider. He loves exclusive content that only a small % of players get to see, hence vanilla and BC were full of it. It is no surprise he liked Jay Wilson's exclusive approach to Diablo 3 as well.

Companies like Blizzard are in business to make money. Catering to the elite few is a pretty poor way to do that.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]