Rob Pardo back as Lead Designer for Expac #5.

(Locked)

90 Human Mage
As whats happening to Tom Chilton and Greg Street? Probably nothing.

GC will still be lead dev and Chilton will still be GC's boss.

Pardo will be a lead developer. Maybe lead of a specific part of WoW, much like Stockton is lead quest designer.
90 Human Paladin
04/14/2013 09:39 AMPosted by Zenway
Where was this said? I'd like to read the news story, if this isn't just some distorted rumor.

According to the Googles, It was on Rob's twitter a long time ago.

There's this, too: http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/10/28/awesome-the-next-expansion-will-be/

Hmm. I had already seen the second, which doesn't really support the OP. And I've looked through Pardo's tweets and don't remember seeing anything like that. Let me look again...

There was this:

https://twitter.com/Rob_Pardo/status/261898014640205824

but it's a big step from "getting involved" to "being Lead Designer".

I have to say, I *am* kind of interested in what the next expansion will be. :)
Edited by Osmeric on 4/14/2013 10:03 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Monk
Methinks a lot of rose-colored glasses will be obliterated.
90 Gnome Death Knight
They need to end World of Warcraft: Disney Edition already and get on #5.

Why not just quit the game if everything's too childish for you?
90 Troll Warlock
I'm looking forward to it. I like the direction that MoP is going in, as a gradual reversion to the Vanilla/BC style of gameplay, while keeping in some great QoL improvements.

More CC in PvE though, please.
90 Pandaren Monk
More CC in PvE though, please.

Only if it doesn't bring things to a screeching halt half the time

I'm perfectly fine with "freeze on square, sap star"

I'm not fine with those damn spell immunity zones in Vortex Pinnacle, pre-nerf...
90 Human Paladin
Please for the love of god return to the BC style of WoW.

How about "no"? Does "no" work for you? It works for me.
90 Pandaren Monk
No keys, no attunements, and for the love of all that is holy NO GRINDING FOR FIRE RESIST GEAR!
10 Blood Elf Paladin
as long as jay wilson isnt involved on any level i'll be happy.
90 Troll Shaman
No keys, no attunements, and for the love of all that is holy NO GRINDING FOR FIRE RESIST GEAR!

Came into this thread just to say this. I never got beyond Kara because people kept leaving for more progressed guilds.

Other then that, BC was enjoyable.
90 Draenei Priest
A lot of people are going to end up very disappointed by the time this is all said and done if they're really hoping for something BC/Vanilla like. The market has changed and moved on and moving backwards will only lead to a loss in money (Don't believe me? How well did a return to more complex five-mans go in Cata? Not very well you say? Hmm.)

Besides, I know several people who played from the start (One of whom actually made it to and raided Sunwell while it was current) and they assure me that in hindsight it sucked.
25 Blood Elf Priest
Cataclysm taught them all a lesson. Those that think that Pardo will guide the game back to being more difficult or anything of that nature are engaging in fantasy. Next expansion is a long way away and I can already feel the expectations rising beyond achievable levels.
Came into this thread just to say this. I never got beyond Kara because people kept leaving for more progressed guilds.

Other then that, BC was enjoyable.

My experiences with BC exactly. It's why I have a vehement hatred for BC. It may have had its strong points, but the raiding model was not one of them.
90 Human Paladin
Just so long as he doesn't touch class balance. Already tough enough for several hybrids DPS specs as it is.
90 Draenei Priest
Of course a return to somewhat difficult 5 mans wouldn't sit well when the majority of players were pampered by wrath.

I'm glad that you agree with my assessment then.
90 Human Paladin
It doesn't work for me.

As long as you enjoy only being a heal bot. No ret and no prot for you
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]