Holy Trinkets question

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have:
Stolen Relic of Zuldazar
Double upgrade Relic of Chi-Ji
Single upgrade Spirits of the Sun

Which two should I be using? I got the Stolen Relic on the last attempt of tonight's raid so I couldn't really test it.

On another note, can someone please explain to me why Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault is good when you can only get so few uses of it per fight?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
On another note, can someone please explain to me why Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault is good when you can only get so few uses of it per fight?

Because you get a lot of mana from it. It's roughly equivalent to a constant 1-1.4k, depending on fight duration.

It's also really user friendly, in that it doesn't require much thought and won't proc at a pointless time.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Go with Relic of Chi-Ji and Soothing Talisman of the shado-pan assault.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=94514/horridons-last-gasp#comments

The link goes in depth on how mana regen differs from trinket to trinket, which is why I chose the above 2 (incase you don't like the gimmickness of the Stolen Relic).
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApxcN9CJscOfdGZ5UnV3OUdoYUhPaVZ1QnVBb013NWc#gid=0 <-- Regen trinket spreadsheet, courtesy of the fantastic Holy Paladin Miskatonic (I had nothing to do with it!)

I would stick with Relic of Chi-Ji for one slot at least. It was one of our top three trinkets last tier, behind the heroic versions of Spirits of the Sun (Tsulong) and Qin-xi's Polarizing Seal (H Will), and a reasonable argument could be made that it was/is still better than the latter due to its reliability. Note that I am directly comparing the 476 Relic to the heroic T14 trinkets (509 and 502 respectively) without including any upgrades at all.

Now, the Stolen Relic trinket is, for the lack of a better term, pretty awful. It doesn't proc anywhere near often enough to justify losing the Intellect from other trinkets - Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn appears to fare slightly better on average but is basically still a hunk of junk.

Boring, honest answer that pretty much every raiding Holy Paladin would agree to is to stick with Int/Spirit (or Int/regen) trinkets. That would mean, for now, Relic/Spirits. Upgrade Spirits to Soothing Talisman when you get the VP, it would be a pretty substantial upgrade both in Intellect value and MP5.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]