Addon to delete Chinese farmer calendar spam?

1 Gnome Mage
Are there any addons out there to delete all the Chinese farmer spam invites on the calendar? Even an addon to just delete all calendar invites sent by other players would work. I found something on Curse, but it hasn't been updated in more than a year and doesn't work quite right.

(I know you can right click to delete the events, but they put them all over my calendar for the next year, and they can do that every single day. I'd rather not spend 10 minutes deleting calendar spam every time I log in.)
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I've started reporting them via opening a ticket.

I also expect they'll patch in some functionality for it pretty soon.

Also, inc wave of bans.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Right-click the entry to report spam and it removes all of them.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Mage
Right-click the entry to report spam and it removes all of them.

Nope, just tested it. It removes the one you reported, but it doesn't affect any of the others.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
http://www.wowace.com/addons/calendarinviteblocker/
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Mage
Says it was last updated May 19, 2011. Can you confirm it still works?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
No.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
I don't have any pending invites to test with, but the macro posted here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8569329632

looks like it should work to delete all events of a specific title.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I had the same problem and submitted a ticket... They are going to address this issue in a future patch but this is the reply I got.

First, try right-clicking on the event and selecting “Report Player.” If this works, you are done! However, if you are met with the error “Internal Calendar Error,” you can remove the invites using the script below:

1.) Make a new macro by selecting the macro option from the game menu or typing /macro and hitting "Enter".

2.) Copy and paste the following code into the macro window:

/run for i=0,99 do for y=1,31 do t,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,iB =CalendarGetDayEvent(i,y,1) if iB=="" or t=="TITLE" then CalendarContextInviteRemove(i,y,1) end end end

*Important: Replace TITLE in the script above, with the name of the spam event*

3.) Place the Macro on your action bar, and click the Macro. Each click will remove only ONE calendar invite.

4.) The invites should be removed at this point.

If you have any additional concerns, please open up a new support ticket and we'll do our best to assist as quickly as possible. Until then, I wish the best of luck in everything you do!

Sincerely,

Game Master Velocytori
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
battle.net/support

I hope this helps
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

I can confirm that it does not work.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Priest
04/18/2013 10:37 PMPosted by Seiryu

I can confirm that it does not work.

Actually I can confirm the the addon does work. It just blocks new invites rather than currently existing events by blocking everything from non guild members (or at least from what I can tell).
Edited by Bõb on 4/19/2013 2:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Actually I can confirm the the addon does work. It just blocks new invites rather than currently existing events by blocking everything from non guild members (or at least from what I can tell).

And it doesn't actually work. I've still gotten the spam invites even with the addon on. That's the only reason I knew it didn't work.

In fact I suspect the reason it doesn't work is it only checks if someone makes an event while you're on. That doesn't stop them from doing it after you log off.
Edited by Seiryu on 4/19/2013 11:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Priest
hmm didn't think about that. lemme play around with it and see if there's a way I can modify it to work by just simply typing the poster's name into a slash command (making a button is a little beyond my knowledge sorry)
Edited by Bõb on 4/20/2013 5:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]