Old Judgement Model: Redistribute Ret Damage

86 Human Paladin
For many of those that havent been playing ret long, there was a time when Judgement was a hard hitting ability. An ability many Paladins were proud to use to smite thier foes in the name of JUSTICE.

Ret rotation has evolved and our significant , once feared abilities have become nothing more than combo pt generators. How .. did we get to this ?

I am calling for a plea to re-distribute retibution damage to abilities that made the class FUN.

I have been playing World of Warcraft for 7 years , and this was my first character. But as you can see he is still lv. 86.

What would make the spec fun:

- Judgement needs to hit hard , I rather see a model where exorcism damage is baked into judgement , and exorcism used as a snare ability (root or a slow) that still generates a HP.

- With excorcism being used as a snare , you can free up Seal of Justice to be a useful seal.
( Seal of Justice can function like EYE for an EYE , while seal is active paladin reflects 35% of damage taken back at opponent and increase critical strike by 10%)

- Templars Verdict needs to function differently , feels ackward to use. Templars Virdict when I click it I say irl "TEMMMPLAAAARRRS VERRDICTTTT !!" all cool and everything. But when I hit it, its like meh. Templar's Virdict should increase holy damage taken by 30% for 10 seconds . ( GET RID OF INQUISITION)

Im sure theres more but just wanted to leave you with a taste , and gather feedback from others that feel similiarly , or even different. Please comment below !

Show your feedback in : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8569600204
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Not sure how you're playing, but my Judgement hits plenty hard, at level 90

Perhaps you should get to max level before claiming abilities dont hit hard enough
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Perhaps you should get to max level before claiming abilities dont hit hard enough
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Don't pull that get to level 90 BS.... I too remember when "if stunned" Judgment would crit... HARD.. my ret does very well in random BGs... but it feels clunky.. I don't like it. I want a divine storm back of old.. where if used in single target it still melted faces in..
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Don't pull that get to level 90 BS

How is it 'BS'? Hes in terrible gear and not max level

Of course his damage is going to look terrible.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
[quote]Ret rotation has evolved and our significant , once feared abilities have become nothing more than combo pt generators. How .. did we get to this ?

This portion of the post could not be more true. Really, our abilities come down to hitting one of 3, 4 below 20%, buttons in order to generate Holy Power. While in a fight there's never a reason to discriminate between using CS, Judgment or Exorcism, you just use whatever's not on CD.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This portion of the post could not be more true. Really, our abilities come down to hitting one of 3, 4 below 20%, buttons in order to generate Holy Power. While in a fight there's never a reason to discriminate between using CS, Judgment or Exorcism, you just use whatever's not on CD.

And thats different than the fabled 'golden age' of WoTLK whack-a-mole rotation now? If anything our abilities actually matter in what order we push them meerly from the fact that we have to use 3 now before a finisher, rather than actually facerolling.
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin
04/16/2013 10:01 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
Don't pull that get to level 90 BS

How is it 'BS'? Hes in terrible gear and not max level

Of course his damage is going to look terrible.

Paladinchaz , I am not niave as to think that the gear i am putting out as lv. 86 is what its going to look like in scale at 90. I play with many Ret paladins on my other characters , many in BiS for pvp , and they will all tell you the same thing.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-sl4bn7btmgxfkdox/details/81/

No. 1 Damaging source : Hand of Light

Look where judgement is ..
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Paladinchaz , I am not niave as to think that the gear i am putting out as lv. 86 is what its going to look like in scale at 90. I play with many Ret paladins on my other characters , many in BiS for pvp , and they will all tell you the same thing.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-sl4bn7btmgxfkdox/details/81/

Working as intended

His average judgement crit is well over 100k, what exactly are you looking for?

For it to hit harder than exo, its going to have to have a cooldown comparable to exorcism.
Edited by Paladinchaz on 4/16/2013 10:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Did you even bother to look at the amount of average damage Judgment does, though? In that parse alone, average is 57k. That's more damage than Crusader Strike averaged, even adding on an average HoL proc. Judgment is a lower priority spell, so of course it's going to actually do less total damage - but it's only lower priority to prevent global clashing and excessive lulls in the rotation.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

you're new to ret, huh
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

7th place out of 18? I don't see the problem.

The more attacks you have, the more spread out the damage is. Hand of Light is on top because it's a combination of a percentage of quite a few of Ret's abilities, including the hardest-hitting.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
feels clunky

Whenever people say this, I just automatically assume they have no idea what they are talking about. Is that bad?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ret can feel clunky if you have awful haste, like for example if you were a ret paladin in full 476 honor gear, reforging to crit rating and out of haste, and using a pvp proc strength trinket and a pvp proc spellpower trinket, ret will probably feel clunky because you're doing something absolutely bizarre.

Clunky.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
there was a time when Judgement was a hard hitting ability

It crit for 95k today in a BG, im satisfied with it ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Clunky.

PEANUT BUTTER!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
04/16/2013 03:37 PMPosted by Vlada
Clunky.

PEANUT BUTTER!

That's chunky. Like, nuts.

...Crazy BElf.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You obviously haven't tried the PB you need a rock hammer to enjoy.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
No, I prefer my teeth capable of masticating more than grass.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]