Let us trade LFR loot with friends

100 Draenei Death Knight
Keep the system the way it is, BUT say that you go in on a DK and you have another friend that's a DK, you should be able to give to them at least (someone that is from your realm that queued for the LFR with you)

Thought?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
"lets all grp tgther"
"plz can I have that"

Repeat twenty times.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
No.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
This was horribly abused in LFR Dragon Soul which is why we can't have nice things.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You end up having people joining and rolling on stuff just to give to their friends. It is an unfair advantage in the loot system. Why should someone else get more chances to get something over another person just because they have a friend in the same raid?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
This was horribly abused in LFR Dragon Soul which is why we can't have nice things.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Guilds would have a ball with this idea.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Current system is far, far, FAR better than the ENDLESS qqing that was 4.3 LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Keep the system the way it is, BUT say that you go in on a DK and you have another friend that's a DK, you should be able to give to them at least (someone that is from your realm that queued for the LFR with you)

Thought?

Yes, this would solve the problem with people getting too many times the same item over and over again and will remove some of the loot frustration without havening to buff the loot drops or adding a guarantee that every time you get loot, it will always be useful, always for your spec and will always be something you either don't have or don't have a better item already.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

Thought?

Thought?

No. and Hell no! Tradeable loot caused massive loot drama and other problems with the previous LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
like when i wont the same darn item 5 weeks in a row and there was another mage who was after that item for 2 months and it never dropped for them..it seemed a pity to vendor it because i couldnt trade it with them. but i do see both sides of it
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Current system is far, far, FAR better than the ENDLESS qqing that was 4.3 LFR.

You don't understand what I mean, KEEP the current system, but make the loot tradeable ONLY with a person that joined you in a PARTY group, that way if loot goes to you, you can still give to your friends, but nobody in the raid group would have to know, right? Like when you queue for a LFR with a person there is a party group you are in and an instance group, if you could give gear to people in your party group (limit it to only people in the party from your server for all I care), there would be no need for qq and griefing, because the loot would still automatically be distributed, it just means that people will still be able to give the access garbage gear they don't need to help their friends.

What's wrong with this idea? How could that cause any drama, if the system didn't allow you to give loot to anyone but you, or a member from your server or part of a party group that you entered the dungeon with?
Edited by Eliil on 4/17/2013 7:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You end up having people joining and rolling on stuff just to give to their friends. It is an unfair advantage in the loot system. Why should someone else get more chances to get something over another person just because they have a friend in the same raid?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Zhoe, what I am proposing is that people won't be joining to roll on their friends, as they could NOT roll on their friends, there is no "roll" the loot is still automatically distributed, and if your friend gets lucky, and just so happens to win loot, they can then give it to you, what's so wrong with that?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
No.

For the same reasons that have already been stated in the other 100+ threads about the same exact thing.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
What I am proposing is a compromise though of still allowing the automatic system where loot is distributed, you can just HAPPEN to give to your friends if you win it. The way I see it, the system was redesigned simply because of how certain wow players couldn't be civil about loot and cause drama. It's not like I could do what I used to do, like, win a piece of gear and say that I want to trade it for something else (though I always offered to give away freely to someone that needed it at the end of the raid).

If the system is still an automatic system, and you can ONLY trade with someone that joined in your party, how could that POSSIBLY cause drama? I haven't seen any of the other "100 threads" about the exact same thing, I've seen threads about why the system was changed, but not about this specific idea.
Reply Quote
11 Draenei Paladin
No thank you, I have no desire to see LFR devolve back to loot drama.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The point is it gives you more chances to get gear outside of the extra chances they have already set in place. People are never satisfied with what they have.

Moremoremoremoremoremoremoremoremore.

Do you remember when you could only KILL a boss once a week. You can run LFR all day long, and get gear every single time (though not likely).
Edited by Zhoe on 4/17/2013 7:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Do you remember when you could only KILL a boss once a week. You can run LFR all day long, and get gear every single time (though not likely).

No you can't. I still get the "already looted message" before I queue.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]