Let us trade LFR loot with friends

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Anyone else wanna take this one? No?

Elder Charm of Good Fortune/Mogu Rune of Fate

All day long.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Oh those don't count. They require dailies and/or treasure runs/pet battles and other non-raiding activities to get, which aren't everyone's cup of tea.

I wasn't able to use as many charms as I liked on Nalak btw?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Still too open to abuse.

Would have people whine and whine and whine about getting added to friends lists/parties. Would have people refuse to group unless with friends, which ruins the whole point of doing LFR.

Basically this would be a nice idea if people who played this game were in general, nice human beings who weren't insecure about pixelated loot. But if that were the case, DS LFR would have worked just fine.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
This was horribly abused in LFR Dragon Soul which is why we can't have nice things.

This..that is all...a few jerks ruined it for everyone.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Still too open to abuse.

Would have people whine and whine and whine about getting added to friends lists/parties. Would have people refuse to group unless with friends, which ruins the whole point of doing LFR.

Basically this would be a nice idea if people who played this game were in general, nice human beings who weren't insecure about pixelated loot. But if that were the case, DS LFR would have worked just fine.

Do you have any idea how many people I helped, giving loot that I won with a need roll in Dragon Soul LFR that I would then pass onto the lowest geared person in the party? I know all too well that wow has it's dirty laundry but no need to punish the majority of good, decent kind players, for the actions of the few.
Reply Quote
11 Draenei Paladin
I know all too well that wow has it's dirty laundry but no need to punish the majority of good, decent kind players, for the actions of the few.

This is the exact reason we have the current loot system in LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This would not be good.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
04/17/2013 08:25 AMPosted by Judgernaught
I know all too well that wow has it's dirty laundry but no need to punish the majority of good, decent kind players, for the actions of the few.

This is the exact reason we have the current loot system in LFR.

It's not a bad system at all. It could just use a few tweaks.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
It will incentivize people to come in large guild groups.

And those kinds of groups tend to vote kick others for pretty arbitrary reasons.
Reply Quote
11 Draenei Paladin
It's not a bad system at all. It could just use a few tweaks.

I agree and Blizz are making changes, for example the increased chance of loot to break bad RNG streaks coming in next patch. The only other change I see asked for is to put a stop to duplicate loot though I do not see this as a problem I see it instead of just more bad luck. Duplicate loot has been dropping in normal and heroic modes since the game started and trust me it really burns when not only is it the same thing as last week but its also a piece unusable by any member of your team, it is what it is.

Wow is a marathon not a sprint.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
OP, while your idea has merit, in that is it kind and helpful, it is so easy to abuse and used to break the system, it makes it unfair.

Like it was already said, there will be situations where people will never queue for LFR unless they have a friend/guild party made up of the same exact class in the same exact role so that they stack the chance that loot will drop. This increases LFR queue times, and adds drama when/if one of those members won't group anymore because they got theirs and don't see running the same content repeatedly.

Not to mention, enchanter groups would just farm loot, depressing the enchanting mats market.

Hell, you might even see more multiboxers going in there just to pass loot to one toon.

You see, while you were kind and helpful, while many were kind and helpful, this system is still more fair.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh those don't count. They require dailies and/or treasure runs/pet battles and other non-raiding activities to get, which aren't everyone's cup of tea.

I wasn't able to use as many charms as I liked on Nalak btw?

You say it doesn't count, but the gear is the same. I'm not sure what the question is, but you can do it over and over again, as so many people do.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Hmm, I never saw multiboxing as a form of cheating in PVE, that was more of a PVP concern, but thinking about it, maybe it kind of is...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Making trading an option will cause the good players to run with more friends and thus remove them from the general pool of players running LFR. Leaving clueless people and more wipefests. Plus I don't want every plate wearer sending me tells asking if I won something and can they have it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
I would very happy if I could spend my charms+vp to transform some rf items to BoE. There some boes already Shining Cicada Bracers. The few I saw were sold very quickly for reasonable amount of gold. Win win.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Making trading an option will cause the good players to run with more friends and thus remove them from the general pool of players running LFR. Leaving clueless people and more wipefests. Plus I don't want every plate wearer sending me tells asking if I won something and can they have it.

To be fair, I can already vote-kick another dk the minute I enter a LFR raid and convince my friends to do so if I wanted to. Not that I ever would. I don't have any friends that would do that anyway lol, if I suggested to my friends to do such a thing, that would say "shut up you selfish b#$#$" (sorry no other way to be blunt about this) and I expect most people's friends would say the same thing, even the biggest trolls I've met on here have expressed some degree of principle amongst all their other drivel.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Sounds like a good idea at least will encourage people to run together and will only work with people from the same server.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Not that I raid. And the main reason is the spirit of this post. The RNG system used in this game is just too damn retarded. Other people might be ok with mindless running the same content over and over and over just to see what they need not drop--EVER. But I'm not. And while I can't stand the system Blizz, and most games use, this wouldn't work at all for the types of players that now exist in this game.

If you really want to trade loot you get with friends you SHOULDN'T be doing LFR. Blizzard hsa stated over and over that LFR is not for gearing up. It's for people wanting to experience content and they're happy with it. You should just run the normal raids if you feel the need to have more open trade between players.

Honestly if the new bonus to drop rate change coming in helps how it should, that would be enough to solve the problem. Anything more and people are just bring greedy. I know we all want to be able to farm gear to our heart's content. But even in PvP when you know you're grinding will guaranty an item upgrade at certain amounts of points gained, this is only the 2nd tier basic gear. The Tyrannical still has the weekly cap limitations.

I honestly don't see why blizzard doesn't go to a similar model like this with all gear, rather than just the odd piece of valor gear. It is a LOT more fun playing a game when you can control the amount of grinding needed to accomplish a goal. Capping points through the week, or grinding it all in 1 or 2 days so you can take a break from it.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
What if your friends aren't good enough players to normal mode raid...yet? And LFR gear gives them the boost they need to get into normal?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
To be fair, I can already vote-kick another dk the minute I enter a LFR raid and convince my friends to do so if I wanted to

You would have to vote kick the warriors and palis to make sure no one was bugging you to trade. Even then there would be an idiot hunter asking for the str ring you just got since he has blues.

What if your friends aren't good enough players to normal mode raid...yet? And LFR gear gives them the boost they need to get into normal?

If you are so desperate for your friends to be in your raid group you help them with crafted gear, kill Sha/galleon/nalak, and run them through previous tier raids to get them gear. You don't bring back a flawed loot system to make your life easier.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]