Let us trade LFR loot with friends

90 Night Elf Hunter
Would only work if the amount of loot was decreased overall so gearing up would still take the same time.

I for one... don't want to be bothered trading something I won nor feel like I have to bother others in order to get loot.

If you want trading or to set your own loot rules.... go to normal raids with a group and set up loot rules prior to raiding.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Hunter
04/17/2013 08:25 AMPosted by Judgernaught
I know all too well that wow has it's dirty laundry but no need to punish the majority of good, decent kind players, for the actions of the few.

This is the exact reason we have the current loot system in LFR.

There are no good, decent people in the game when it comes to raid loot.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
It is pretty sad that we lack that much faith in our own community...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

It comes from having had the system already in Dragon Soul, and the players abused it.

There's nothing to suggest that anything has changed.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
i love how everyone is like "this caused massive loot drama before". yeah, it did. but i hate to break it to you guys, but why are you basing your answers on an OLD loot system? thats like saying back in 4.3 rogues were amazing, so im going to make a rogue now cause they were amazing then. lets all make decisions based on information that isnt current! sounds like CNN in here

what made it bad back then is people were needing on crap they didnt actually need and would barter it for another item or give it to friends. you cant do that anymore people, thats what caused the loot drama. now its all personal rolls and private

the only bad thing i can see happening from this is a lot of "anyone win <epic-lootz> and dont need it?" but honestly, thats nto even a problem
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
i love how everyone is like "this caused massive loot drama before". yeah, it did. but i hate to break it to you guys, but why are you basing your answers on an OLD loot system? thats like saying back in 4.3 rogues were amazing, so im going to make a rogue now cause they were amazing then. lets all make decisions based on information that isnt current! sounds like CNN in here

what made it bad back then is people were needing on crap they didnt actually need and would barter it for another item or give it to friends. you cant do that anymore people, thats what caused the loot drama. now its all personal rolls and private

the only bad thing i can see happening from this is a lot of "anyone win <epic-lootz> and dont need it?" but honestly, thats nto even a problem

It speeds up the gearing process and allows funneling. Two reasons why it isn't happening.

Oh, I suppose it could.. but then you have to lower the initial drop rate.

Remember, Blizzard is happy with the current gearing pace, or they would have changed something by now.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
It speeds up the gearing process and allows funneling. Two reasons why it isn't happening.

Oh, I suppose it could.. but then you have to lower the initial drop rate.

Remember, Blizzard is happy with the current gearing pace, or they would have changed something by now.

indeed, this is a good answer and reason to oppose this. i agree, this would be bad for most players not participating in funneling at that point. probably the one and only reasonable answer ive seen in this thread
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
what made it bad back then is people were needing on crap they didnt actually need and would barter it for another item or give it to friends

Or hold it to ransom, one LFR I was in the guy wanted 80k for the item.
Reply Quote
11 Draenei Paladin
04/18/2013 06:46 AMPosted by Raensong

This is the exact reason we have the current loot system in LFR.

There are no good, decent people in the game when it comes to raid loot.

I disagree, I was a member of a guild before Cata where I never experienced loot drama. They are out there, they can however be difficult to find.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
You end up having people joining and rolling on stuff just to give to their friends. It is an unfair advantage in the loot system. Why should someone else get more chances to get something over another person just because they have a friend in the same raid?

Rolling on stuff?
How does one "roll on stuff" in LFR?

You either get it or you don't.

Having said that, no. Allowing trading means if someone gets something that's a dupe and there's 5 other who were waiting for that item, what do you think is going to happen?

OP's painting the idyllic scenario where friends who are of the same class/spec queue together and one gets a dupe and is gracious enough to trade it to another. Yeah, we can all stand around holding hands and singing together too.

What will instead happen: Hunter A gets pew pew from Durumu which he/she doesn't need/want. Hunter A auctions that pew pew. All other hunters get into a bidding war. Rinse & repeat for every other damn piece of loot. Yeah, that will certainly "improve" the LFR experience.
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Hunter
This was horribly abused in LFR Dragon Soul which is why we can't have nice things.

And exactly how will it be abused now?

In DS it was different because everyone with the specific friend will roll need on any and every item they go the Need option for, even if they could not use it / was not an upgrade. With the way loot is done in LFR now that is impossible to do

I for one think it would be good, I hate when I get item(s) I got already or can not use, while there are people in the raid who can use it.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
So, you bring enough friends. In a 25 man raid, 5 people are rolling for just one of their friends. This person gets 5x the chance at gear over everyone else in the raid. No wai!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This was horribly abused in LFR Dragon Soul which is why we can't have nice things.

Also I just plain hate DKs so I will deny you anything that will make you happy.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
04/17/2013 07:12 AMPosted by Eliil
Current system is far, far, FAR better than the ENDLESS qqing that was 4.3 LFR.

You don't understand what I mean, KEEP the current system, but make the loot tradeable ONLY with a person that joined you in a PARTY group, that way if loot goes to you, you can still give to your friends, but nobody in the raid group would have to know, right? Like when you queue for a LFR with a person there is a party group you are in and an instance group, if you could give gear to people in your party group (limit it to only people in the party from your server for all I care), there would be no need for qq and griefing, because the loot would still automatically be distributed, it just means that people will still be able to give the access garbage gear they don't need to help their friends.

What's wrong with this idea? How could that cause any drama, if the system didn't allow you to give loot to anyone but you, or a member from your server or part of a party group that you entered the dungeon with?

I don't know how they could make it work but I like the idea. There isn't much I need from LFR but I run them for Valor and a few pieces I am after but for the most part I can't really use anything. I try and make a point to run with guildies when possible and I know they could benefit from it.

Still, I'm not sure how to make it work but I do like the idea.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
So, you bring enough friends. In a 25 man raid, 5 people are rolling for just one of their friends. This person gets 5x the chance at gear over everyone else in the raid. No wai!

I won't just bring 5, I will try to fill the whole raid instead. Some guild in LFR ds actually did this and got banned.

04/18/2013 09:24 AMPosted by Bruenore

You don't understand what I mean, KEEP the current system, but make the loot tradeable ONLY with a person that joined you in a PARTY group, that way if loot goes to you, you can still give to your friends, but nobody in the raid group would have to know, right? Like when you queue for a LFR with a person there is a party group you are in and an instance group, if you could give gear to people in your party group (limit it to only people in the party from your server for all I care), there would be no need for qq and griefing, because the loot would still automatically be distributed, it just means that people will still be able to give the access garbage gear they don't need to help their friends.

What's wrong with this idea? How could that cause any drama, if the system didn't allow you to give loot to anyone but you, or a member from your server or part of a party group that you entered the dungeon with?

I don't know how they could make it work but I like the idea. There isn't much I need from LFR but I run them for Valor and a few pieces I am after but for the most part I can't really use anything. I try and make a point to run with guildies when possible and I know they could benefit from it.

Still, I'm not sure how to make it work but I do like the idea.

It will never work. Some how somewhere, some exploiter will just make the system works for him and it will spread like wildfire.
Edited by Vellestina on 4/18/2013 9:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote

And no, please no trading.
Reply Quote
Do you have any idea how many people I helped, giving loot that I won with a need roll in Dragon Soul LFR that I would then pass onto the lowest geared person in the party? I know all too well that wow has it's dirty laundry but no need to punish the majority of good, decent kind players, for the actions of the few.

See you were actually part of the problem. I don't appreciate a free roll system being turned into a loot council system by you.
Reply Quote
37 Draenei Priest

It's not faith. It's fact. Items used to be able to be traded. Now they can't. For a reason.

Cheers.
Reply Quote
Loot trading didn't work and was removed. Let it remain removed. If you win, you win; if not, c'et la vie.

Or, if you want to trade loot, get out of LFR, get a raid group, and go do normal. You can have all the loot trading you like...just not with 24 random strangers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]