Prot dps build in raids?

100 Human Paladin
OK, I have been a Ret pally up to now and am beginning the transition to Prot. Last week on my hunter main we had a Prot MT in LFR raid who topped the damage meters on most fights, trash and boss. He had a pure haste build and was doing easily over 100k dps, with much more on some pulls.

My question, is it possible/practical, with good gear and a pure haste build, to run 5 mans and raids as a dps with a protection dps build? It seems to generate obscene numbers if done correctly, better than any of the Ret Pally's I've raided with.
Edited by Titon on 4/17/2013 11:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
No.

You only do tons of damage when you are getting hit (so actually tanking) because of vengeance.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
vengeance

Pull the room and watch your AP scream up to 160k.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
No.

You only do tons of damage when you are getting hit (so actually tanking) because of vengeance.

Ah, I knew that. Thanks, was overlooking the fact that you need to have aggro and get hit for this to work.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]