Questions about the Kor'kron after MoP

90 Undead Death Knight
Are they going to fade? They used to be the elite of the horde, but ever since cataclysm it seems like they only serve under hellscream. Are they going to get out of the picture with garrosh or are there some Kor'Kron who don't agree with garrosh and continue being kor'kron after his "dethroning"?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Are they going to fade? They used to be the elite of the horde, but ever since cataclysm it seems like they only serve under hellscream. Are they going to get out of the picture with garrosh or are there some Kor'Kron who don't agree with garrosh and continue being kor'kron after his "dethroning"?

If there is still a warchief in the end (there have been hints that there will be a new warchief) then I would imagine that the Kor'kron as an organization may very well survive, though membership may change.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Imfailry sure the current ones will all be killed. The organisation might still exist after, with only a few elite soldiers to make sure they don't have all the power they currently do have.
Reply Quote
They will be purged and reformed.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Originally they were simply the Warchief's guards, the Ssecret Service if you will.Starting with WotLK they became a legitimate army. I'd hope to see them go back to their roots.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
I think they can be made into a reason to have orc paladins. Sorta like this...

After the fall of Garrosh, many honorable Kor'Kron Orcs make a pilgrimage to their ancient homeland to spiritually cleanse themselves of following a corrupt leader. While the beauty and calm of Nagrand soothes their bodies, many feel as if they still cannot escape the taint of bloodlust*, and begin to despair of their fate. They leave the peaceful Mag'har, and wander deep into the Blade's Edge mountains to find both solace and perhaps an honorable death.

It is to these repentant Orcs that A'dal appears, in a vision above their wind-torn campfire. Reaching in to each of their souls, the Naaru touches the Light that flows through all living things, and ignites their hope that they are not lost, so long as they strive to follow their honorable path.

These Kor'Kron form the core of a new tradition of Orc warriors, bound by honor, humble in their memory of the past, and sworn to prevent the taint from ever casting its shadow over the Orcs again. Armored and armed, they wield the Light, shown to them by A'dal. But thier beliefs are developed in accordance with their own traditions, and they fight in service to the Horde, sworn to protect their people from all threats... even from those within.

*not the literal, demon-bloodlust mind you. More of a perception that they can't escape descending into ultimately self destructive violence.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I think they can be made into a reason to have orc paladins. Sorta like this...

After the fall of Garrosh, many honorable Kor'Kron Orcs make a pilgrimage to their ancient homeland to spiritually cleanse themselves of following a corrupt leader. While the beauty and calm of Nagrand soothes their bodies, many feel as if they still cannot escape the taint of bloodlust*, and begin to despair of their fate. They leave the peaceful Mag'har, and wander deep into the Blade's Edge mountains to find both solace and perhaps an honorable death.

It is to these repentant Orcs that A'dal appears, in a vision above their wind-torn campfire. Reaching in to each of their souls, the Naaru touches the Light that flows through all living things, and ignites their hope that they are not lost, so long as they strive to follow their honorable path.

These Kor'Kron form the core of a new tradition of Orc warriors, bound by honor, humble in their memory of the past, and sworn to prevent the taint from ever casting its shadow over the Orcs again. Armored and armed, they wield the Light, shown to them by A'dal. But thier beliefs are developed in accordance with their own traditions, and they fight in service to the Horde, sworn to protect their people from all threats... even from those within.

*not the literal, demon-bloodlust mind you. More of a perception that they can't escape descending into ultimately self destructive violence.

So orc paladins huh

Caedmun for Warcheif !

Edit: In all honesty if they did something like that id be ecstatic.
Edited by Lelian on 4/18/2013 2:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I wonder why they went with the Kor'kron as the Warchief's bullies and not the Shattered Hand, who are suppose to be the Horde's SI:7
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Orc Paladins? Oh god my sides....How about, NO. I shouldn't even need to explain why.

In response to the Original Post, No they will not go away, the reason the Kor'kron have been loyal to Garrosh and Garrosh alone, is because they are dedicated to whoever the Warchief happens to be.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The Kor'kron started out as the Secret Service, now they're more like the Waffen SS. They have become a legion of thugs and yes-men, and I hope their organisation is disbanded.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Many of the Kor'kron are actually from the Blackrock clan that was in Blackrock. They do not have the same sense of honor as Thrall's Kor'kron had.
Edited by Aeléla on 4/23/2013 10:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
I wonder why they went with the Kor'kron as the Warchief's bullies and not the Shattered Hand, who are suppose to be the Horde's SI:7
Because the Kor'kron are warriors, not rogues and shadowy assassins?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]