What would be better for Alliance in 5.3?

41 Gnome Priest
I posted this but the thread got deleted it seemed like we started to have a good discussion about the alliance questing in 5.3:

Also tell me if this would not have been better for Alliance side questing in 5.3:

You do your stuff for Vol'jin, then he thanks you, you get another quest to secure a landing for supplies for the Darkspeare in the Echo Island alongside Troll soldiers maybe even using troll weapons, like some kind of cannon or whatever. Fighting off Garry's ships so the Alliance supply ship can land:

Vol'jin: "I knew I trusted you, no Hellscream really gonna feel fear" (Or whatever). Maybe does his little Troll cheer.

You see alliance ship workers handing crates to trolls, then get a message from the king saying good work, now everything is clear for a landing soon.

The alliance player would get to fight with the rebels, instead of for them (battling off Garry's forces with them). They also get to see that they made an impact by bringing the ship with supplies in for the trolls. It doesn't seem like that much, and I think it would have made it seem like you are working WITH Vol'jin instead of for him.

I also think it would make you as an alliance player feel more connected to the horde rebels, because you've just been fighting them this whole time, you've only seen them as enemies. Fighting with you enemies can feel cool too, I remember how much I loved the cut scene in Wotlk where Saurfang Jr. comes down with the horde to help fight the lich king. That gave me goosebumps of excitement.

Aside from doing our own thing in Ashenvale, what do you think would be a good idea to at least improve alliance questing.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Have the Alliance be mighty and epic. Have the fleet come from Lion's Landing and assault Orgrimmar from the sea. Have the Skyfire fly above Durotar, bombing the Horde's Wyverns.
Have us take the initiative to assault Orgrimmar, and have Vol'jin decide to work by our side, not the other way around.
Reply Quote
I'd like to also throw my idea of taking Bladefist Bay, having the Alliance navy roll in, and having a ship and the docks become a Razor Hill tower-style sanctuary questing hub run by the Alliance be a part of 5.3. :P
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Personally I would prefer a quest where we try to pit both Hellscream and Vol'jin forces against each other.

Like sabotage some seige weapons and leave evidence hinting it was the Darkspears doing. Making Garrosh more focused on the rebellion and less on the Alliance. We could also get a quest where we find the location of some Vol'jin's forces and "give" it to a lieutenant of Hellscream. Afterward both forces fight, Vol'jin's forces get wiped out(but not until after taking out a chuck of the enemy) and we clean up the remains of the orc forces(basically a more justifiable version of the Broken Front).
Edited by Zerde on 4/19/2013 9:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
I'd like to also throw my idea of taking Bladefist Bay, having the Alliance navy roll in, and having a ship and the docks become a Razor Hill tower-style sanctuary questing hub run by the Alliance be a part of 5.3. :P

I still have that thread opened, heh.

I recall Vol'jin commenting that the current plan is that the Rebellion will take the bay to allow the Alliance navy to simply sail on in. I kind of wish that was acutally a part of 5.3, and then phase the docks to be an Alliance-run sanctuary zone like the Razor Hill tower.

And yes I did like that idea.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Personally I would prefer a quest where we try to pit both Hellscream and Vol'jin forces against each other.

Like sabotage some seige weapons and leave evidence hinting it was the Darkspears doing. Making Garrosh more focused on the rebellion and less on the Alliance. We could also get a quest where we find the location of some Vol'jin's forces and "give" it to a lieutenant of Hellscream. Afterward both forces fight, Vol'jin's forces get wiped out(but not until after taking out a chuck of the enemy) and we clean up the remains of the orc forces(basically a more justifiable version of the Broken Front).

Although it would be nice, it's stupid not to use the trolls as allies. Damaging Garrosh is good, but we need the trolls, although much less than they need us. This has to be done on OUR terms, if they don't accept, we leave, and they die.
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
I want the Horde to do their own thing without Alliance help. I want the Alliance to find it strange why the Hordec lines are crumbling so easily and why it seems that Orcs are doing the majority of the fighting.

I want the Horde army to not be able to advance on Orgrimmar because it is too heavily fortified and the the Alliance comes and land on durotar beach Saving private ryan style or Starship Trooper dropship style and forces Garrosh to shift his forces to repell fhe Alliance invasion while voljin capitalized on Garrosh weaken front.

Horde pov sparse and sporadic defense here and there, light resistance, back area to Garrosh.

Alliance pov We go through the front and fight through Garrosh best defenses taking loses but routing Garrosh forces at every raid boss.

We arrive at Garrosh and if you are Horde he block off the other Horde leader with Ysharhji if you are Alliance he sent Yasharji after Thrall voljin and the Horde forces. Then once the thing is down we have a face off with the horde much like battle of undercity.

Alliance would want to take advantage of the weakness while thr Horde would be ready to repelled the invader.

Jaina will eye lor themar and an understanding would be reach. They will both step forward and lay down their weapons and meet in thd middle. They will talk about both side hurting one another. Sins that have been committed, lives that have been lost ,forgiveness can never happen. But for today haven't both side suffered enough? Haven't they fought enough? For today, a truce for the soldiers under their command. Then Alliance will pull back and Horde a stay.

Ambigous ending.

Also boss mechanics for both side can be exact mirrors just in a different settings.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I would rather the Alliance attack from Ashenvale, the sea, and at most Azshara. The Tauren can keep the Barrens, the Trolls through Durotar, the goblins from Azshara, the Forsaken and Belves from the sea, and the Orcs and Pandaren from within the city.
Reply Quote
horde rebels are fighting to take the bay

garrosh unleashes his sha empowered dire orcs

rebels start dying by the !@#$load

alliance ships start to land

halford wyrmbane (voiced, dammit) orders a march

the 7th legion streams out of the landing ships while gryphon and hippogryph riders take off to battle dragonmaw

garroshs troops are pushed back, and the gates of orgrimmar close, leaving the orcs stranded

they're cut down by the combined rebel + 7th legion forces, varian and vol'jin are on the ground, fighting the orcs

varian and vol'jin talk

the horde uses razor hill as their base and the alliance uses tiragarde

dailies focus on the gates and the ground forces of dranosh'ar
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest

the 7th legion streams out of the landing ships while gryphon and hippogryph riders take off to battle dragonmaw

garroshs troops are pushed back, and the gates of orgrimmar close, leaving the orcs stranded

they're cut down by the combined rebel + 7th legion forces, varian and vol'jin are on the ground, fighting the orcs

varian and vol'jin talk

Not going to lie, that was beautiful, especially having Halford make an appearance. Would really love that for 5.4.
Edited by Healstime on 4/19/2013 12:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Lets say the alliance got re pushed back in Ashenvale

Have the alliance forces make their push there (to reclaim it and take the fight to garrosh instead of being on the defensive)

Rebellion takes place in Durotar and Barrens fighting a losing fight against the brunt of Garrosh's forces

Varian or some Commander notice Horde fighting Horde and contact the non Garrosh forces

Truce is made and this is when daileys happen

Alliance get their daileys from Ashenvale and Horde from Darkspear Isle or Razor Hill maybe

Both sets of daileys take place in Barrens and/or Durotar hitting lines/sabatoging Garroshs encampments etc

My 2 copper

Would give the Alliance firstly a believable reason to be there instead of oh hey come help us

The truce still happens (and maybe some nightelf/draeneii development?)
Edited by Lelian on 4/19/2013 12:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
What would be best? Alliance continues its war on the Horde, taking advantage of the split. Where "taking advantage" does not equal being Vol'jin's errand boy.

The Horde started a war of conquest. We should be finishing it -- and that mean's Vol'jin and the rest of rebel horde as much as Garrosh.

Obviously this is not happening. And Blizz will never let something like this happen. But it's what should be happening.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
What would be best? Alliance continues its war on the Horde, taking advantage of the split. Where "taking advantage" does not equal being Vol'jin's errand boy.

The Horde started a war of conquest. We should be finishing it -- and that mean's Vol'jin and the rest of rebel horde as much as Garrosh.

Obviously this is not happening. And Blizz will never let something like this happen. But it's what should be happening.

The goal of the Alliance is peace not subjugation. If the Horde is fracturing why give it a reason to rally together again by attacking both rebel and Kor'kron? It's better military strategy to assist a side (The rebels since Garrosh would never work with the Alliance) aid/install there regime and pursue peace with them.

The Alliance isn't going for a total war the point we are at in this war is trying to end it with a peace treaty/truce.

As for what I would prefer for Alliance questing? As others have said since we're attacking by sea we should be taking over the port in Azshara and using it as our staging ground to attack Orgrimmar from the rear while Vol'jin's rebels attack from the front creating two fronts and minimizing casualties/friendly fire amongst rebel/Alliance fighters.

This would also work much better gameplay wise giving Alliance a presence that we want as well as giving us a different but equal raid on orgrimmar with the same end goal of Garrosh.

I believe razorhill/Alliance dock in Azshara should be sanctuaries with dailies from both hubs to gather supplies.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
One way would be to put Baine Bloodhoof in charge of the rebellion instead of Vol'jin. The alliance would be much more willing to work with the tauren than the Darkspear, for a number of reasons.

The second option would be to have the alliance work completely separate from the trolls. For example, we get a quest/scenario where we assist Shandris Feathermoon and a group of Darnassian Sentinels kick the goblins out of Ashzara, and establish our own base of operations just to the north of Orgrimmar. The alliance gets their own, phased version of Ashzara, from which we conduct operations in the barrens, as well as on Orgrimmar's northern walls. Among the night elf encampment, there is A SINGLE troll, a darkspear emmisary, who relays information between Vol'jin and Shandris.
Reply Quote
I want the Alliance to push through Ashenvale then Azshara.

If not that, I'd like them to do a story arc finishing off Gilneas.

Idc if Sylvanas is a rebel or not, Gilneas is not Forsaken territory and she didn't want it in the first place.

For all we know it can be mostly Kor'kron in it tat we fight, IDC. I just want Gilneas' story bloody finished.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight

varian and vol'jin talk

I love this idea.
Reply Quote
I want the Alliance to push through Ashenvale then Azshara

I'm always a little confused why everyone wants Azshara back or to even try. Thanks to the Goblins it's basically a giant sh*ithole. Cleaning it up and restoring it to it's former glory would be such a huge problem, not to mention Orgrimmar right on it's border making that 100 times more difficult.
Reply Quote
I'm always a little confused why everyone wants Azshara back or to even try. Thanks to the Goblins it's basically a giant sh*ithole. Cleaning it up and restoring it to it's former glory would be such a huge problem, not to mention Orgrimmar right on it's border making that 100 times more difficult.

I don't want it back, I just think it'd be logical if the Night Elves and Draenei attacked from the North while the Rebels and the Alliance fleet attack from the south.

Two fronts are harder to defend than one.
Reply Quote
04/19/2013 02:45 PMPosted by Lorelaî

I don't want it back, I just think it'd be logical if the Night Elves and Draenei attacked from the North while the Rebels and the Alliance fleet attack from the south.

Two fronts are harder to defend than one.

True.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Unfortunately, unless Blizzard is prepared to depart from a game where the Alliance and the Horde are largely on equal footing militarily, someone is going to be stupid to ensure that everything ends up roughly balanced again.

That means that if the Alliance does well in 5.3 and 5.4, they're going to get the stuffing kicked out of them in 6.0. They also might just screw up bigtime in the assault on Orgrimmar.

Either way, the Horde can't be weak long term, because it screws up game balance, so this either won't have a big impact or someone will botch something to restore it.

It's dumb.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]