What would be better for Alliance in 5.3?

90 Blood Elf Warlock
Anything's possible with a modicum of effort (and some phasing).

But, since WoW runs on Rule of Cool, I suppose the war effort should as well.

So... something like this should have enough of an epic flair and bite:

Phase One
Blockade and Rebellion

The Alliance (like the Brits and historic Allies are so fond of in real life) conducts an 'Operation Anaconda' blockade around Durotar. While the fleet and surface raiders sail in, the real punch is going to be conducted by gnomish submarine wolfpacks under the command of a named Gnomish Admiral. Alliance heroes launch from a submarine's hangar to identify Horde convoys inbound to Durotar with laden with foreign spoils. Gnomish submarines then destroy them, while Alliance pilots provide air cover with the help of a flying airship. Their scenario is then to help secure one of the Horde ships deemed too valuable to sink, and recover the artifacts onboard. They insert either via air-drop or, more interestingly, from submersible.

The Horde, concurrent with the sea battles off the coast, is assisting the war effort though the time honored contribution of all resistance movements.
Assassination!
Horde resistance fighters are tasked with several assassination missions of increasing difficulty to help cripple the Loyalist war effort. We've already seen a few Shado-pan quests like this, and I actually enjoyed them (though things could get annoying with the pet running around, dumbass demon). In addition to setting up ambushes (maybe even one or two based on history, like how Operation Anthropoid [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Anthropoid] famously dealt with the Hangman of Prague, Reinhard Heydrich)

The scenario for Horde in this phase is a raid on their base of operations in or near Orgrimmar! Loyalist Horde forces storm the hideout where Vol'jin and the rest have set up shop, and Horde heroes fight a rear guard as the leaders of the rebellion make their escape into the countryside. After a fierce battle to escape, possibly including the unexpected commandeering of a machine gun, Vol'jin vows that the rebellion has only just begun, and they set up a new redoubt in the hills, to secure Durotar and tighten the noose around Orgrimmar!

Phase Two
The Beaches and the Hills

With a blockade over sea and land now in place, strangling the Loyalist Horde and cutting them off from further reinforcement, the Alliance makes a landing, "Saving Private Ryan" Normandy style. Alliance ships bombard the coast in a sustained barrage and Alliance heroes load up to lead squads of men ashore (again, a mechanic we've seen before, reused). Garrosh launches suicidal bat-flyers or proto-drake flying orcs (Dragonmaw, then) to try and stop the invasion. While the air war is going on (much like around Wyrmrest), Alliance forces establish their bloody beachhead against Loyalist Horde resistance. It culminates in the construction of an armed Command and Control HQ and the landing of various Alliance leaders.
This sort of thing calls for crack shock troops, so why not have it lead by worgen detachments of special forces, lead by the Alliance hero? Storm the beaches and secure the LZ!
(prob no added scenarios in this phase)

Horde, meanwhile, have intercepted Loyalist communications about the invasion. Vol'jin is already in contact with Alliance leaders, he reveals, and they have been covertly supplying the rebellion with gold, supplies, explosives, etc. The rebellion's job is twofold now!

First, they have uncovered that one wing of the Horde forces tasked to suicidally defend the beaches is likely to defect if given the chance. It is composed of trolls and tauren, and other political undesirables, forced onto the front lines to "die with honor" by orc overseers. "Dis ain't honor," Von'jin says, "It ain't honor when ya don't gotta choice." The Horde hero is tasked to support an uprising among this force! There are a number of cool ways this can be done, but if it is stealthy, then it could even end with the Horde hero masquerading as the commander of this lost legion, unknown to the Loyalists... something that can come in handy later, even.

Second, while the Alliance is taking the beaches, Vol'jin wants to launch an attack of his own while the Loyalist forces are already focused on the Alliance threat. He wants the Horde hero to break into a prison camp and free some of his fellow rebels who have been captured and tortured by the Loyalists. All this would take place in the same phase as the Alliance attack, filling the skies between Org and the beaches with air battles and other chaos, and the distant thunder of artillery. Horde players encounter Garrosh himself, ranting and raving as he leaves the prison camp. Once he is gone, the hero instigates the riot, saving important Horde leaders both from the guards and from other prisoners! They then escape into the hills, confident that the tide has turned...

Phase Three
War in the Streets

The battle is in the final phases. The Alliance and Horde players are finally brought together for the first time and introduced. Orgrimmar is surrounded and being pounded by artillery and airships. Garrosh, in the tradition of dictators, has pulled back his Personal Guard and elites in the Kor'kron to defend Orgrimmar to the death. He has also armed every man, woman and child and told the to "die honorably for the Horde. Lok'tar Ogar!" While he, naturally, retreats to his bunker where he's working on his superweapon.

Vol'jin describes intel and information that the rebels have on Garrosh's doomsday plans and convinces the Alliance leaders that they can not afford to simply starve and smash Orgrimmar into submission. Garrosh and his elite will never surrender and it will mean the death of thousands. Many in the Alliance are skeptical about rushing ahead with storming the city, rather than a besieging it, but Vol'jin and the others convince them, especially with the threat of a new Sha superweapon.

Once again, Alliance takes up the direct assault, by necessity, they have the heavy weapons.

Artillery is focused to make a breach in the wall, while ladders and steam-powered siege towers roll forward to take the walls and the high ground. An Alliance paratrooper division lands to secure the rear at Azshara and that is where the Alliance hero comes in.

Alliance heroes are grouped under the command of Shandaris Feathermoon, to form the spearhead with her sentinels (I'd personally like to throw in wardens, too, cause... wardens are badass !@#$%es). They drop into the Valley of Spirits and quickly take the gate there, to allow more night elf forces to storm inside. Garrosh unleashes some of his pet monsters gathered from previous expansions: Gronn and Ettin and Magnataur and other beasties. The nighr elves are more prepared this time, however, and they lead Garrosh's crack monsters into an ambush via the creative application of excessive explosives.

They then push forward, flanking the Loyalist Horde in the Valley of Strength and routing the enemy there, which had held the Alliance forces from the front in check. For the Alliance, the battle ends with the Loyalist Horde pushed back into the Valleys of Wisdom and Honor. Before the end, though, they witness Loyalist Horde killing their own retreating men, calling them cowards as they try and flee back into the rear half of the city.

Disgusted, Varian vows that the Horde leadership is corrupt but that the Horde regulars fought with honor, despite their leaders, not because of them. Something like that.

The Horde hero is also kept busy. While the Alliance attacks the front, Vol'jin wants to cut the head off the snake, right here and right now! He personally leads a foray of True Elites (including the player and named characters, basically like a small NPC raid or something) into the city, rappelling down like ff'in Spartacus or something down the side of Mount Vesuvius. Their mission is nothing less than to cut a bloody patch of chaos to Garrosh and mob the bastard.

Of course, plans rarely survive contact with the enemy, and Vol'jin is waylaid by Kor'kron death squads in the city, already amped up on Sha-juice. They're killing everyone, even their own people. Vol'jin makes the hard choice to delay going right for Garrosh to try and save the city they're fighting for. Maybe he thinks or says, "This ain't just a city, this city is the Horde; I ain't gonna watch cowards burn it down."

More Loyalist scum come out of the woodwork - a few turn coat at the sight of Vol'jin and his forces, but many more fight on! Vol'jin has to divide his forces between saving lives and ending them. Actually, I've neglected Lor'themar, I'm just now realizing. So maybe, for DRAMA, why not have Vol'jin get wounded during the intense fighting... and Lor'themar, no doubt a little tempted to consider what would happen if HE were the only man left standing in the Horde inner circle when the battle ends, still ultimately rallies around Vol'jin, gets him treated, and pushes forward.

Of course, by the time the Horde heroes reach Garrosh, informing him that his city has fallen and his loyalists are crushed, Garrosh dismisses the heroes and delves into his bunker/hold. The last of his forces are there, with his superweapon, which he assures us, is near completion.

The Alliance players and leaders finally catch up with the Horde ones, and the stage is set for the final showdown and raid.

Scenarios, I think, would be varied and tied to any number of objectives to seize in the city.

The Raid

Truth be told, Bliz will probably make the whole siege a homogenous-set-up of a raid. I preferred to divide the raid into two parts: Horde scheme and Alliance scheme, that only truly intersect at the end.

That end, of course, would be a fairly small raid, sort of like Gruul's Lair. Maybe twice that size. It encompasses the surprisingly large (larger on the inside! Damn Time Lords) Hellscream Bunker. Where we face more of the abominations he wants to make the Horde into (an even more fallen-than-normal Warlock boss, the leadership of the Blackrock and Dragonmaw orcs, maybe an Illidari Council style fight, and other psychopaths who need to die). Horde and Alliance heroes both fight alongside Horde and Alliance NPCs here, and of course it ends with the death of Garrosh himself. I won't speculate on if someone else, a troll, say, or some guy with a funny chin, gets the final blow in.

The whole thing then culminates in a cutscene of the Horde and Alliance signing a treaty of some sort, ala Macarthur and Shigemitsu on the USS Missouri, with all the various leaders around. You don't even need to really go into just what the treaty involves, since I know Bliz hates the idea of revisiting or phasing "old content."

But we can at least use our imagination and hope it isn't status quo cata-bellum.

Also, cue some speeches from this or that. Whoever leads the Horde is the most important speech, since it will outline what the Horde 'means' to them and such. Notably absent, I suspect, would be words from the Forsaken, or perhaps some bitterness on their part. I excluded them from this, largely because I expect Sylvy would want to bide her time and marshal her forces, and not bleed them out in the streets of Orgrimmar.

And that, roughly, would be my epic take on the Siege of Orgrimmar.
Edited by Sardana on 4/19/2013 5:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
What would be best? Alliance continues its war on the Horde, taking advantage of the split. Where "taking advantage" does not equal being Vol'jin's errand boy.

The Horde started a war of conquest. We should be finishing it -- and that mean's Vol'jin and the rest of rebel horde as much as Garrosh.

Obviously this is not happening. And Blizz will never let something like this happen. But it's what should be happening.

The goal of the Alliance is peace not subjugation. If the Horde is fracturing why give it a reason to rally together again by attacking both rebel and Kor'kron? It's better military strategy to assist a side (The rebels since Garrosh would never work with the Alliance) aid/install there regime and pursue peace with them.

The Alliance isn't going for a total war the point we are at in this war is trying to end it with a peace treaty/truce.

As for what I would prefer for Alliance questing? As others have said since we're attacking by sea we should be taking over the port in Azshara and using it as our staging ground to attack Orgrimmar from the rear while Vol'jin's rebels attack from the front creating two fronts and minimizing casualties/friendly fire amongst rebel/Alliance fighters.

This would also work much better gameplay wise giving Alliance a presence that we want as well as giving us a different but equal raid on orgrimmar with the same end goal of Garrosh.

I believe razorhill/Alliance dock in Azshara should be sanctuaries with dailies from both hubs to gather supplies.

Peace is best gotten by making sure the Horde isn't a threat to the Alliance anymore. After the first two Wars, the not so cold war of classic WoW and the hot phase in Cata/MoP, total war -should- be the goal of the Alliance. Not some limp wristed 'we're the better man' bs. Many of this current Horde were also members of the First and Second Wars. How many chances is the Horde going t o get to prove it's capable of living in peace with it's neighbors? Remember this is the 3rd time the Horde has tried world conquest on Azeroth.

Which is why this bloody war was so damned stupid for Blizzard to start in the first place. No side can be satisfied. The Horde can't defeat the Alliance and the Alliance cannot defeat the Horde and visit the retribution it deserves.
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
What would be best? Alliance continues its war on the Horde, taking advantage of the split. Where "taking advantage" does not equal being Vol'jin's errand boy.

The Horde started a war of conquest. We should be finishing it -- and that mean's Vol'jin and the rest of rebel horde as much as Garrosh.

Obviously this is not happening. And Blizz will never let something like this happen. But it's what should be happening.

The goal of the Alliance is peace not subjugation. If the Horde is fracturing why give it a reason to rally together again by attacking both rebel and Kor'kron? It's better military strategy to assist a side (The rebels since Garrosh would never work with the Alliance) aid/install there regime and pursue peace with them.

The Alliance isn't going for a total war the point we are at in this war is trying to end it with a peace treaty/truce.

As for what I would prefer for Alliance questing? As others have said since we're attacking by sea we should be taking over the port in Azshara and using it as our staging ground to attack Orgrimmar from the rear while Vol'jin's rebels attack from the front creating two fronts and minimizing casualties/friendly fire amongst rebel/Alliance fighters.

This would also work much better gameplay wise giving Alliance a presence that we want as well as giving us a different but equal raid on orgrimmar with the same end goal of Garrosh.

I believe razorhill/Alliance dock in Azshara should be sanctuaries with dailies from both hubs to gather supplies.

Who told you that? I am fighting to dismantle the Horde power and nothing less then total victory is acceptable to me. If we have to become stalemate then sure, but I the only peace I want is the one where the Horde military is no longer a power. I do not recognize the legitimacy of their government.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
Alright Alliance lets get one thing clear here...

STEP AWAY FROM THE STEAMPUNK FUNLAND THAT IS AZSHARA!

Azshara is pretty much our capitol city now. You wouldnt like it if we decided we wanted to kick the Night Elves out of Darnassus would you? no I didnt think so.

Now we'll be happy to help Alliance ships dock at Bilgewater Harbor for ah...compensation...but you try and take us over you'll drive the Cartel into the arms of Garrosh just like ya did on the Lost Isles.

Plus you would have all the artillery and death machines the Goblins possess, plus the Bilgewater Battalion, slowing ya down and causing a mess of your precious little army.

Dont go near Azshara unless you want your troops to look like swiss cheese!

We kicked your tree hugging butts once and we'll do it again!
Edited by Gazeel on 4/19/2013 7:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Azshara is pretty much our capitol city now. You wouldnt like it if we decided we wanted to kick the Night Elves out of Darnassus would you? no I didnt think so.

Now we'll be happy to help Alliance ships dock at Bilgewater Harbor for ah...compensation...but you try and take us over you'll drive the Cartel into the arms of Garrosh just like ya did on the Lost Isles.

Plus you would have all the artillery and death machines the Goblins possess, plus the Bilgewater Battalion, slowing ya down and causing a mess of your precious little army.

I could see the Alliance paying Gilywax to conveniently overlook them docking and moving troops through Azshara.

Who told you that? I am fighting to dismantle the Horde power and nothing less then total victory is acceptable to me. If we have to become stalemate then sure, but I the only peace I want is the one where the Horde military is no longer a power. I do not recognize the legitimacy of their government.

But practically will that accomplish anything? It's more practical and similar to Alliance themes to end the conflict with as few as casualties as possible, yes some members of the Alliance wished to completely eradicate the Horde but the members of the Alliance with Power aren't attempting that.

Some people in the Alliance may not like this but that is what we have.

Which is why this bloody war was so damned stupid for Blizzard to start in the first place. No side can be satisfied. The Horde can't defeat the Alliance and the Alliance cannot defeat the Horde and visit the retribution it deserves.

Well yeah Garrosh of all people should've known better than to go down this path but blizz made him interpret Thrall incorrectly and overlook the flaws of the Horde so they could conveniently get rid of him with the Horde keeping face for the most part.

They just either shouldn't have written him this way after Northrend, or had someone else as Warchief.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage

Nowhere did I say I wanted to kick the Goblins out of Azshara, they can have it. The zone sucked before they got their hands on it.

I just think it'd be logical if the Night Elven, Draenei and the Worgen forces on Kalimdor assaulted Orgrimmar from the north.

I just want us to make our way through your land to kill Garrosh then leave.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
But practically will that accomplish anything? It's more practical and similar to Alliance themes to end the conflict with as few as casualties as possible, yes some members of the Alliance wished to completely eradicate the Horde but the members of the Alliance with Power aren't attempting that.

Some people in the Alliance may not like this but that is what we have.

No. It's damned stupid to not take the chance to end the Horde threat forever. The Horde has THREE TIMES NOW, tried to conquer the world in very bloody and vicious wars of destruction. Those wars have seen the deaths of millions of Alliance citizens, the destruction of numerous human kingdoms, the devastation of other realms and untold misery by the Horde against the Alliance. For the Alliance to leave the Horde intact, again, is militarily, strategically and tactically, not to mention morally wrong.

If the Horde is left intact, it -will- come back to bite the Alliance in the !@# again like it has. Every. Single. Time.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
No. It's damned stupid to not take the chance to end the Horde threat forever. The Horde has THREE TIMES NOW, tried to conquer the world in very bloody and vicious wars of destruction. Those wars have seen the deaths of millions of Alliance citizens, the destruction of numerous human kingdoms, the devastation of other realms and untold misery by the Horde against the Alliance. For the Alliance to leave the Horde intact, again, is militarily, strategically and tactically, not to mention morally wrong.

If the Horde is left intact, it -will- come back to bite the Alliance in the !@# again like it has. Every. Single. Time.

You'll never get to wipe the Horde out while it is an MMO. If you keep thinking down this track you'll just get more bitter and hatefilled so..best to stop thinking like that and enjoy the stupid, cheesy ride.

Also I didnt know genocide was an Alliance approved strategy, explain to my why they didnt just do that before instead of locking them up?
Edited by Gazeel on 4/19/2013 9:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
I just think it'd be logical if the Night Elven, Draenei and the Worgen forces on Kalimdor assaulted Orgrimmar from the north.

I just want us to make our way through your land to kill Garrosh then leave.

You do know that back way through Orgrimmar is a hell of a choke point right? not to mention they could just level the canyon with explosives if anyone took the gates. You're better off just attacking the main gates if you want to get in that way. You could blockade it to stop people escaping that way I guess..but why do that?

Why not use our Orgrimmar adjacent harbor to supply and repair your ships? Bladefist Bay is WAY too close to the city to act as anything but a staging area, leaving your ships there is just ASKING for them to be sabotaged.

Bilgewater Port is safe, well protected, well supplied, efficient and best of all, willing to play ball after the rebellion hits the fan. You mooks would just have to sign a few contracts, waivers and agreements that you would peacefully leave Azshara to us after this is all done (or be destroyed, seriously you seen Bilgewater Harbor? place is a god damn fortress, you aint getting in by sea, air of land unless we let you)

What? working against Garrosh aint cheap! and this would go a loooooooong way in making amends for the Lost Isles fiasco
Edited by Gazeel on 4/19/2013 9:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter

You'll never get to wipe the Horde out while it is an MMO. If you keep thinking down this track you'll just get more bitter and hatefilled so..best to stop thinking like that and enjoy the stupid, cheesy ride.

Also I didnt know genocide was an Alliance approved strategy, explain to my why they didnt just do that before instead of locking them up?

The Horde is the only group the Alliance hasn't utterly crushed. Genocide should be a last resort only, but there are times it is required if the enemy will not stop attacking and has tried numerous times to wipe out the Alliance. If nothing but force will work, then it might come down to having to kill -all- of the enemy just to get them to stop and to prevent future attacks that will kill yet more people and devastate more lands. At some point, you have to ask 'when if enough enough?' If the Horde cannot be reformed into something that's civilized, then yes, it should be crushed into the dust.

Yes I know this will never happen in game, but the elimination of the Horde as an enemy should be the goal of the Alliance. As I have mentioned on numerous times, the Horde has repeatedly tried to conquer Azeroth and has only been stopped with an enormous amount of bloodshed. The one time the Horde won, it destroyed the most powerful kingdom on the planet and left hundreds of thousands to millions of people dead. It cost an immense number of lives to stop the Horde in the Second War. It's costing an immense number of lives in this war to stop the Horde. And unless the Horde changes radically, it's going to cost an immense number of lives to stop it again in the future. Because the Horde is too aggressive because of its emphasis on warrior cultures.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
Yes I know this will never happen in game, but the elimination of the Horde as an enemy should be the goal of the Alliance. As I have mentioned on numerous times, the Horde has repeatedly tried to conquer Azeroth and has only been stopped with an enormous amount of bloodshed. The one time the Horde won, it destroyed the most powerful kingdom on the planet and left hundreds of thousands to millions of people dead. It cost an immense number of lives to stop the Horde in the Second War. It's costing an immense number of lives in this war to stop the Horde. And unless the Horde changes radically, it's going to cost an immense number of lives to stop it again in the future. Because the Horde is too aggressive because of its emphasis on warrior cultures.

This is why we need Lor'themar as Warchief..
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
04/19/2013 09:36 PMPosted by Gazeel

This is why we need Lor'themar as Warchief..

Lor'themar is a badass!
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
Lor'themar is a badass!

He will also live for several centuries and can actually play the political game if he has to, even if he hates to.

Plus Lor'themar can be Jaina's new BFF 4EVA! (We all know she still hurts over the loss of Thrall..)
Edited by Gazeel on 4/19/2013 9:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Lor'themar for Warchief!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Phase One
Blockade and Rebellion

The Alliance (like the Brits and historic Allies are so fond of in real life) conducts an 'Operation Anaconda' blockade around Durotar. While the fleet and surface raiders sail in, the real punch is going to be conducted by gnomish submarine wolfpacks under the command of a named Gnomish Admiral. Alliance heroes launch from a submarine's hangar to identify Horde convoys inbound to Durotar with laden with foreign spoils. Gnomish submarines then destroy them, while Alliance pilots provide air cover with the help of a flying airship. Their scenario is then to help secure one of the Horde ships deemed too valuable to sink, and recover the artifacts onboard. They insert either via air-drop or, more interestingly, from submersible.

The Horde, concurrent with the sea battles off the coast, is assisting the war effort though the time honored contribution of all resistance movements.
Assassination!
Horde resistance fighters are tasked with several assassination missions of increasing difficulty to help cripple the Loyalist war effort. We've already seen a few Shado-pan quests like this, and I actually enjoyed them (though things could get annoying with the pet running around, dumbass demon). In addition to setting up ambushes (maybe even one or two based on history, like how Operation Anthropoid [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Anthropoid] famously dealt with the Hangman of Prague, Reinhard Heydrich)

The scenario for Horde in this phase is a raid on their base of operations in or near Orgrimmar! Loyalist Horde forces storm the hideout where Vol'jin and the rest have set up shop, and Horde heroes fight a rear guard as the leaders of the rebellion make their escape into the countryside. After a fierce battle to escape, possibly including the unexpected commandeering of a machine gun, Vol'jin vows that the rebellion has only just begun, and they set up a new redoubt in the hills, to secure Durotar and tighten the noose around Orgrimmar!

Phase Two
The Beaches and the Hills

With a blockade over sea and land now in place, strangling the Loyalist Horde and cutting them off from further reinforcement, the Alliance makes a landing, "Saving Private Ryan" Normandy style. Alliance ships bombard the coast in a sustained barrage and Alliance heroes load up to lead squads of men ashore (again, a mechanic we've seen before, reused). Garrosh launches suicidal bat-flyers or proto-drake flying orcs (Dragonmaw, then) to try and stop the invasion. While the air war is going on (much like around Wyrmrest), Alliance forces establish their bloody beachhead against Loyalist Horde resistance. It culminates in the construction of an armed Command and Control HQ and the landing of various Alliance leaders.
This sort of thing calls for crack shock troops, so why not have it lead by worgen detachments of special forces, lead by the Alliance hero? Storm the beaches and secure the LZ!
(prob no added scenarios in this phase)

Horde, meanwhile, have intercepted Loyalist communications about the invasion. Vol'jin is already in contact with Alliance leaders, he reveals, and they have been covertly supplying the rebellion with gold, supplies, explosives, etc. The rebellion's job is twofold now!

First, they have uncovered that one wing of the Horde forces tasked to suicidally defend the beaches is likely to defect if given the chance. It is composed of trolls and tauren, and other political undesirables, forced onto the front lines to "die with honor" by orc overseers. "Dis ain't honor," Von'jin says, "It ain't honor when ya don't gotta choice." The Horde hero is tasked to support an uprising among this force! There are a number of cool ways this can be done, but if it is stealthy, then it could even end with the Horde hero masquerading as the commander of this lost legion, unknown to the Loyalists... something that can come in handy later, even.

Second, while the Alliance is taking the beaches, Vol'jin wants to launch an attack of his own while the Loyalist forces are already focused on the Alliance threat. He wants the Horde hero to break into a prison camp and free some of his fellow rebels who have been captured and tortured by the Loyalists. All this would take place in the same phase as the Alliance attack, filling the skies between Org and the beaches with air battles and other chaos, and the distant thunder of artillery. Horde players encounter Garrosh himself, ranting and raving as he leaves the prison camp. Once he is gone, the hero instigates the riot, saving important Horde leaders both from the guards and from other prisoners! They then escape into the hills, confident that the tide has turned...

Phase Three
War in the Streets

The battle is in the final phases. The Alliance and Horde players are finally brought together for the first time and introduced. Orgrimmar is surrounded and being pounded by artillery and airships. Garrosh, in the tradition of dictators, has pulled back his Personal Guard and elites in the Kor'kron to defend Orgrimmar to the death. He has also armed every man, woman and child and told the to "die honorably for the Horde. Lok'tar Ogar!" While he, naturally, retreats to his bunker where he's working on his superweapon.

Vol'jin describes intel and information that the rebels have on Garrosh's doomsday plans and convinces the Alliance leaders that they can not afford to simply starve and smash Orgrimmar into submission. Garrosh and his elite will never surrender and it will mean the death of thousands. Many in the Alliance are skeptical about rushing ahead with storming the city, rather than a besieging it, but Vol'jin and the others convince them, especially with the threat of a new Sha superweapon.

Once again, Alliance takes up the direct assault, by necessity, they have the heavy weapons.

Artillery is focused to make a breach in the wall, while ladders and steam-powered siege towers roll forward to take the walls and the high ground. An Alliance paratrooper division lands to secure the rear at Azshara and that is where the Alliance hero comes in.

Alliance heroes are grouped under the command of Shandaris Feathermoon, to form the spearhead with her sentinels (I'd personally like to throw in wardens, too, cause... wardens are badass !@#$%es). They drop into the Valley of Spirits and quickly take the gate there, to allow more night elf forces to storm inside. Garrosh unleashes some of his pet monsters gathered from previous expansions: Gronn and Ettin and Magnataur and other beasties. The nighr elves are more prepared this time, however, and they lead Garrosh's crack monsters into an ambush via the creative application of excessive explosives.

They then push forward, flanking the Loyalist Horde in the Valley of Strength and routing the enemy there, which had held the Alliance forces from the front in check. For the Alliance, the battle ends with the Loyalist Horde pushed back into the Valleys of Wisdom and Honor. Before the end, though, they witness Loyalist Horde killing their own retreating men, calling them cowards as they try and flee back into the rear half of the city.

Disgusted, Varian vows that the Horde leadership is corrupt but that the Horde regulars fought with honor, despite their leaders, not because of them. Something like that.

The Horde hero is also kept busy. While the Alliance attacks the front, Vol'jin wants to cut the head off the snake, right here and right now! He personally leads a foray of True Elites (including the player and named characters, basically like a small NPC raid or something) into the city, rappelling down like ff'in Spartacus or something down the side of Mount Vesuvius. Their mission is nothing less than to cut a bloody patch of chaos to Garrosh and mob the bastard.

Of course, plans rarely survive contact with the enemy, and Vol'jin is waylaid by Kor'kron death squads in the city, already amped up on Sha-juice. They're killing everyone, even their own people. Vol'jin makes the hard choice to delay going right for Garrosh to try and save the city they're fighting for. Maybe he thinks or says, "This ain't just a city, this city is the Horde; I ain't gonna watch cowards burn it down."

More Loyalist scum come out of the woodwork - a few turn coat at the sight of Vol'jin and his forces, but many more fight on! Vol'jin has to divide his forces between saving lives and ending them. Actually, I've neglected Lor'themar, I'm just now realizing. So maybe, for DRAMA, why not have Vol'jin get wounded during the intense fighting... and Lor'themar, no doubt a little tempted to consider what would happen if HE were the only man left standing in the Horde inner circle when the battle ends, still ultimately rallies around Vol'jin, gets him treated, and pushes forward.

Of course, by the time the Horde heroes reach Garrosh, informing him that his city has fallen and his loyalists are crushed, Garrosh dismisses the heroes and delves into his bunker/hold. The last of his forces are there, with his superweapon, which he assures us, is near completion.

The Alliance players and leaders finally catch up with the Horde ones, and the stage is set for the final showdown and raid.

Scenarios, I think, would be varied and tied to any number of objectives to seize in the city.

The Raid

Truth be told, Bliz will probably make the whole siege a homogenous-set-up of a raid. I preferred to divide the raid into two parts: Horde scheme and Alliance scheme, that only truly intersect at the end.

That end, of course, would be a fairly small raid, sort of like Gruul's Lair. Maybe twice that size. It encompasses the surprisingly large (larger on the inside! Damn Time Lords) Hellscream Bunker. Where we face more of the abominations he wants to make the Horde into (an even more fallen-than-normal Warlock boss, the leadership of the Blackrock and Dragonmaw orcs, maybe an Illidari Council style fight, and other psychopaths who need to die). Horde and Alliance heroes both fight alongside Horde and Alliance NPCs here, and of course it ends with the death of Garrosh himself. I won't speculate on if someone else, a troll, say, or some guy with a funny chin, gets the final blow in.

The whole thing then culminates in a cutscene of the Horde and Alliance signing a treaty of some sort, ala Macarthur and Shigemitsu on the USS Missouri, with all the various leaders around. You don't even need to really go into just what the treaty involves, since I know Bliz hates the idea of revisiting or phasing "old content."

But we can at least use our imagination and hope it isn't status quo cata-bellum.

Also, cue some speeches from this or that. Whoever leads the Horde is the most important speech, since it will outline what the Horde 'means' to them and such. Notably absent, I suspect, would be words from the Forsaken, or perhaps some bitterness on their part. I excluded them from this, largely because I expect Sylvy would want to bide her time and marshal her forces, and not bleed them out in the streets of Orgrimmar.

And that, roughly, would be my epic take on the Siege of Orgrimmar.

This, should be the Siege.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
I like the whole treaty part of the idea...

Maybe do it on the Skybreaker so we can mirror the MacArthur/ Shigemitsu thing even more? ( plus the Alliance gunships are way cooler than the Horde..its the one thing I'm willing to admit Alliance does better >.>)
Reply Quote
70 Undead Mage
I think all of Blizzards story missteps come directly from listening to people on this forum.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]