Please help me figure this out, Resto Druids

90 Troll Druid
Why is it that I have a ilvl of 506 and only 9.4k spirit, 22% mastery and 12% crit, 24.3k SP ... then a 496 druid has 20% mastery, almost 12k spirit (unbuffed!), 11% crit and like, 23k SP? What...? I feel like I should have the same amount of spirit than that person, granted three of my pieces had to reforge into spirit (I had to quickly gear this toon after main swapping to it, sacrifices were made. Things were done.) but I still feel like thats a big diff in spirit. What am I doing wrooonngg. I dont really have mana issues I suppose, but I wouldnt mind a little more spirit jeez. ;_;
Edited by Azargo on 4/3/2013 12:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Why is it that I have a ilvl of 506 and only 9.4k spirit, 22% mastery and 12% crit, 24.3k SP ... then a 496 druid has 20% mastery, almost 12k spirit (unbuffed!), 11% crit and like, 23k SP? What...? I feel like I should have the same amount of spirit than that person, granted three of my pieces had to reforge into spirit (I had to quickly gear this toon after main swapping to it, sacrifices were made. Things were done.) but I still feel like thats a big diff in spirit. What am I doing wrooonngg. I dont really have mana issues I suppose, but I wouldnt mind a little more spirit jeez. ;_;

Can you link the armory of the 496 ilvl person you are asking about? First think I noticed is youre not using main hand off hand with spirit. That is easily a loss of 700+ spirit.
Edited by Stevecow on 4/3/2013 12:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Well your gloves/weapon/cloak/legs don't have base spirit. If you used a MH/OH combo it would be 5 pieces with spirit. You are always going to be 25-35% short on spirit when reforging from another stat to spirit. And if they are using a sha touched weapon with the gem that is a pretty good chunk of SP that you currently don't have.

Factor in someone using Polarizing Seal or something like it, their spirit will be much higher than yours.
Edited by Sadiemay on 4/3/2013 1:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Yeah I have had zero luck with a MH/OH :( This tier hates me and all of my coins too. :<

That may be the difference though, and no I already forgot that 496 druids name :(
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I am ilvl 496 equipped.

Spirit 8443
Mastery 23.92%
Spell Power 23661
Crit 11.72%

I never really oom, I aim for 8400-8600 Spirit, I am using 2 good Spirit proc trinkets so my "Spirit" is actually much higher.

You have better regen trinkets than I have and more Spirit.

I no longer gem for Spirit, I use Spirit/Mastery gems in blue sockets.

My Spell Power would be higher, but I gem pure Mastery in yellow and prismatic sockets and Intel/Mastery in red.

I raid 10 man and heal with a disc priest who allows my HoTs to tick, I value Mastery very highly because of that. I am definitely not a 25 man RejuvBot so I have no need for the huge spirit levels.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Like I said, so far into ToT of 8/12, and animus going down this week as we got to the end of the fight and wiped due to stupid and couldnt go any longer cause someone had to go to class, but being as it was the end of the fight and I was still good on mana, I can safely say the first 9 bosses prove to not be any problems, esp with a priest to hymn...but its more of a principle thing and not understanding where the spirit is. but, I think it might be the MH/OH thng. I've personally always used a staff on my resto druid but, whatever. We will see what drops first haha.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]