I love Windwalker, but...

90 Pandaren Monk
I feel like, with my guild getting into raiding, I need to swap to Mistweaver for the utility, because at the moment I'm the only one with a level 90 healer, but I can't bring her because I'm needed for tanking

what do? :(
Reply Quote
38 Dwarf Monk
If you're needed for tanking, there's no reason to be healing. Your guild needs to recruit more healers, or help someone else level a healer. You can encourage that by running new healers through dungeons.

With the difference in gear between MW and BM, it's a waste of your time to gear the two separate specs just for your raid.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
If you're needed for tanking, there's no reason to be healing. Your guild needs to recruit more healers, or help someone else level a healer. You can encourage that by running new healers through dungeons.

With the difference in gear between MW and BM, it's a waste of your time to gear the two separate specs just for your raid.

well regardless of anything, I just tried MW on a Mogu'shan Palace Normal

I don't think it's for me. I went oom fast on the first boss :/
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
If you're already tanking, there's pretty much no reason to fill healer as well on the same character for a raid. Until (if/when) they implement tri-spec it limits your flexibility. On a fight you only need one tank, usually another healer is not required, and vice-versa.

And yeah, until you get used to how mistweaver functions you will out of mana quickly. Try it in dungeons and LFR first. Until you can learn how to balance your spells, chi, and mana tea you'll pretty much just be sucking on fumes. Our mana pool shuffles more than a brewmaster does from side to side.

Case in point: The first time I tried to heal it was Mogu'Shan Palace normal as well. I had no mana. Now in the almost the same exact armor after leveling another monk to practice healing, I rarely ever dip below 80% unless I actively go fistweaving. That's less mana drop than even my raid geared paladin uses.

If you're too used to the way other healers function, you need to break those habits before you mistweave. Renewing mists and uplift. Learn them, use them, love them. Most healers use thier cast time spells as their primary spells. For us, those spells are our filler spells unless we're a dedicated tank healer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]