Ionne's Iconic Irish Icecream (Healer OT)

90 Tauren Priest
So you still do it as disc? I think lots of folks are going Holy, sticking to Sanc, and then rolling their renews with Cascade.

Disc is great for 10m N Tortos, there's no reason to go Holy unless you prefer Holy.

If you stand in certain areas you can usually get a solid 3-4 PoH out before getting knocked in the air by turtles, so SS isn't usually an issue for me. PW:S blanket the second quake, nomnomnom make the Mistweaver hate me. :)
90 Draenei Shaman
04/08/2013 12:39 PMPosted by Veroicone
We just started but going to do more and I'm excited :3 I used to hate doing arena because of the person I was doing them with in Cata (arena with an ahole bf is not fun :P) but I am LOVING THEM NOW.

I really, *really* want to get doing some 2v2 or 3v3 with this shaman, because I'm convinced it will improve my PvE healing by leaps and bounds, the way it did with my Disc priest in Cata.
90 Night Elf Priest
Blue circle? That must be healing rain.

Better stand in it.

NO! IT'S A HEALING RAIN! RUN! SCATTER!

(or is that just my LFR luck?)

I'll admit, it wasn't until my co-healer on Jin-Rokh (sp?) the breaker laid down healing rain that I actually new what it was. I didn't blurt out my revelation in vent, at least.

The newness, it shows.
^^;
90 Night Elf Druid
04/08/2013 12:47 PMPosted by Ellarix
We just started but going to do more and I'm excited :3 I used to hate doing arena because of the person I was doing them with in Cata (arena with an ahole bf is not fun :P) but I am LOVING THEM NOW.

I really, *really* want to get doing some 2v2 or 3v3 with this shaman, because I'm convinced it will improve my PvE healing by leaps and bounds, the way it did with my Disc priest in Cata.

Resto shamans are really strong in pvp right now you totally should! If I had a toon on your server I'd totally do them with you :D
90 Draenei Shaman
I'll admit, it wasn't until my co-healer on Jin-Rokh (sp?) the breaker laid down healing rain that I actually new what it was. I didn't blurt out my revelation in vent, at least.

The newness, it shows.
^^;

Damn Naer, you're so cute :D

Resto shamans are really strong in pvp right now you totally should! If I had a toon on your server I'd totally do them with you :D

Yeah, so I hear!
Edited by Ellarix on 4/8/2013 12:55 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Priest
I had no idea! I always thought it was ick!
100 Blood Elf Mage
04/08/2013 12:46 PMPosted by Qùess
So you still do it as disc? I think lots of folks are going Holy, sticking to Sanc, and then rolling their renews with Cascade.

Disc is great for 10m N Tortos, there's no reason to go Holy unless you prefer Holy.

If you stand in certain areas you can usually get a solid 3-4 PoH out before getting knocked in the air by turtles, so SS isn't usually an issue for me. PW:S blanket the second quake, nomnomnom make the Mistweaver hate me. :)

Quess, your transmog! So scandalous. :P
90 Draenei Monk
50% more o.o so close but yet so far

Also, a couple mistweaving questions... is healing elixirs viable over dampen harm? I notice the majority of people take dampen harm but so far elixirs has worked great for me. And as far as 90 talents, with so much stacking in raids now, is rushing jade wind the better choice over roll?
90 Draenei Shaman
Also, a couple mistweaving questions... is healing elixirs viable over dampen harm? I notice the majority of people take dampen harm but so far elixirs has worked great for me. And as far as 90 talents, with so much stacking in raids now, is rushing jade wind the better choice over roll?

Dampen Harm and Dampen Magic are what you'll be swapping between for the most part. There's a possibility that Healing Elixirs might be situationally useful somewhere someday, I guess?

RJW = nope, especially for 10man raiding anyway. Go Xuen or Chi Torpedo with Celerity. FREE HEALS? Hell yeah, I'll take em :D
100 Blood Elf Priest
04/08/2013 12:46 PMPosted by Qùess

Wellll... I COULD get spirit shell off before the quake if the stars align but it's just so much easier as holy. Similiar hps but... holy isn't quite as screwed if it has to move. :P
90 Draenei Monk
04/08/2013 01:04 PMPosted by Ellarix

Dampen Harm and Dampen Magic are what you'll be swapping between for the most part. There's a possibility that Healing Elixirs might be situationally useful somewhere someday, I guess?

RJW = nope, especially for 10man raiding anyway. Go Xuen or Chi Torpedo with Celerity. FREE HEALS? Hell yeah, I'll take em :D

Hahaha, okay I'll switch to the dampens and try to get used to them. I had just thought that a free 15% heal every 10sec would be useful.

I guess I'd choose torpedo. maybe xuen if I'm able to fistweave (althoug I've noticed its a huge mana drain)

Thanks!
100 Blood Elf Mage
Maybe I should roll a monk. I also need to try a Pandaran, I suppose.
Someone needs to claim next thread.
90 Pandaren Monk
Um. Some sort of seafood maybe?
90 Night Elf Priest
For the sake of my ego, I can't!
90 Night Elf Priest
Naérdriels Nutritious Nutterbutter cookies *cough*

I'm saving that one for later.
90 Draenei Shaman

Hahaha, okay I'll switch to the dampens and try to get used to them. I had just thought that a free 15% heal every 10sec would be useful.

I guess I'd choose torpedo. maybe xuen if I'm able to fistweave (althoug I've noticed its a huge mana drain)

Thanks!

Well, the healing that Elixirs provides isn't a bad thing, but unless you're talking about a fight like Garalon, or potentially Tortos, you're not always going to *need* a heal every time you sip your Tea. And if you're specc'd Elixirs, every time you sip and don't need a heal, it's technically "wasteful" if you could have prevented a good chunk of damage by using the Dampens as active cooldowns instead (ie... you have to actively use them at the right time instead of Elixirs, which is a passive effect you get when you sip, which you do irrespective of whether you need the heal or not).

Typically, Blizz designs talents & glyphs like this on purpose. If it's a choice which requires you to actively use the ability at an optimal time, they reward you by making it better than the choice which gives you a passive ability where you don't need to juggle it/assess when to use it.

One issue with RJW is that I don't believe you'll find yourself using SKC heavily in end-game. You have to be able to be proximal to multiple people who need healing to even use SKC in the first place, and then add to that the fact that SCK is a bit of a mana hog, and you find RJW is an "expensive" and situational talent.

Chi Torpedo does a *massive* amount of healing and is 100% free. Pair it with Celerity and you get Even More Free Healing, if you can manage the positional requirements.

Xuen doesn't actually rely on your own melee-healing, to my knowledge (though I haven't really played my Mistweaver in 5.2 so perhaps something's changed that I'm not aware of). Sick him on the boss, toss one attack of any sort at the boss to get him started, and he attacks on his own, his attacking translating into raid-wide Eminence healing.
Edited by Ellarix on 4/8/2013 1:20 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Mage
We just had Chili Dogs here at work in honor of the Mariners' home opener.

I say Chili Dogs goes in the next title.
90 Pandaren Monk
But who will it be? Also, CAP!
90 Draenei Shaman
But who will it be? Also, CAP!

What if this doesn't do it????

D:
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]