Best dps paired with priest

82 Undead Priest
Hey forums, as the title asks, what would be the best dps paired with a priest be? and why? Some specs have great dmg but no survivability which is why some people dont play it, but with a dedicated healer, any all out dps spec is fair game, so which would be most effective :D Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
UH DK, Mage, Lock, Warrior would be path of least resistance. Lots of sustainable pressure + wtfburst.
Reply Quote
82 Undead Priest
any advice from any standpoint would be beneficial
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I would add hunter to Videoh's list... I did well on my disc priest when paired with a hunter.
Reply Quote
82 Undead Priest
i enjoy hunter as mm or surv only tho, and atm all i see are bm specs so i figured mm and surv are lacking in dmg?
Reply Quote
82 Undead Priest
bumps
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
i enjoy hunter as mm or surv only tho, and atm all i see are bm specs so i figured mm and surv are lacking in dmg?

BM's appeal has more to due with their CC outs. MM burst is technically higher. Powershot + Aimed Proc + Chim shot + Blink Strike can lead to hundreds of thousands of damage. People are making MM work.

Not sure I'd add lock as the classes BEST paired with a priest due to the DRs. Priests need classes with good peels, as priests are still very susceptible to being trained. Mages and Rogues are the king of peels, and share very few DRs with priests. Sapping off a priest fear is very potent.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Yes they share fear dr, but there is shadowfury, tendrils, lifegrip, lifeswap + lock regens, portal + gateway. Can be pretty rough for melee to stick to them for long.
Edited by Videoh on 4/5/2013 12:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
82 Undead Priest
how is mm dmg compared to lock or rogue?
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I believe Discs are best paired with either UH DK or BM Hunters.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
how is mm dmg compared to lock or rogue?
Amazing in terms of damage, but in terms of survival....locks hands down.
Reply Quote
82 Undead Priest
but paired with a healer survivability wont really be an issue. so as far as damage and helping the priest stay alive with cc or peels, how are mm hunters compared to the dk and rogue?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
feral
Reply Quote
82 Undead Priest
Ele shaman or mm hunter for mobility and damage?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Ele shaman or mm hunter for mobility and damage?
No I would say the finalists are UH DK and BM Hunter.
Reply Quote
82 Undead Priest
But between the ele sham and mm which has more dmg/mobility? And I thought frost dk was the premiere dmg spec
Reply Quote
Problem with mm is two fold.

1. Their npc pet doesn't do most of the work. So if they get los' d or disarmed, its a massive dmg loss. They have to be a much better player to make it work.

2. They are far more prone to eat cc. BW is basically a free trinket for bm.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
And I thought frost dk was the premiere dmg spec
Frost is good damage but is kinda squishy. UH is really good this season (due to buff in disease damage) and they are excellent vs. casters. I am going UH after I do arenas this week (will have to learn the spec, as it is a different playstyle).
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Yes they share fear dr, but there is shadowfury, tendrils, lifegrip, lifeswap + lock regens, portal + gateway. Can be pretty rough for melee to stick to them for long.

I got to 1750 in 2s a couple years ago with a shadow/disc priest. OFC he was a 2k+ player and probably carried my !@# in half the matches, but the dmg now from destro/shadow must be insane right now. I did this back when I played aff and gateway, tendrils, lifegrip wasn't there.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
rogue feral or mage
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]