Deleting toons

90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you delete a toon, does the achievements go with him that he earned? or is it still gonna be there on all toons
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Most achievements, mounts, and pets are tied to the battle.net account. When you delete the character that originally earned any of them, the account will keep them.

I've tested this shortly after 5.0.4 launched by deleting my former main to see if I lost anything. You'll keep them all. :P
Edited by Novalas on 4/5/2013 3:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Earned Achievements are stored on the Account now, so it shouldn't go away when you delete the character. As long as it's not the only character, of course.

Not entirely sure, though, since I never even thought of deleting a character with an independant achievement before.
Reply Quote
15 Goblin Warlock
I'm not sure, but I know that if you delete a toon which got a cool mount, you'll lose the mount too, but not the companions, those stay. I know that cause every now and then I make a worgen just to buy the gilnean raven, then I delete the toon, but I still have the raven...which I sell for good gold on horde Ah lol.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
but I know that if you delete a toon which got a cool mount, you'll lose the mount too

You'll only lose the mount if it's a character-specific mount. If it's an account-wide mount, you'll keep the mount as it's tied to the battle.net account, not the character.
Edited by Novalas on 4/5/2013 3:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/05/2013 03:08 PMPosted by Loosebolt
I'm not sure, but I know that if you delete a toon which got a cool mount, you'll lose the mount too,

No, not true! I wanted to delete the toon I scored the Green Proto drake on. I asked the forums and no one knew; it was early in shared mounts (I stumped the forums ya me). I then put in a ticket and talked with a GM and he told me once you learn a mount, you learn it forever. I then deleted my Hunter that earned the Green Proto drake and I still had the mount account wide, Alliance and Horde.
Edited by Ookyou on 4/5/2013 3:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
awsome thanks for the info guys
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]