Thoughts on Stolen Relic of Zuldazar?

Got this last night in LFR.

First thought: Shiny new epic trinket!
Second thought: Ewww, Spirit instead of Int as a primary stat on it.
Third thought: EWWWW, I heal with Clique add-on and mouseover healing, how the hell do I make the on-use work for me (and is the on-use really that good)

Currently using the 522 VP trinket, and a 2/2 upgraded Relic of Chi-Ji for healing. Should I drop the RoCJ for SRoZ, and if so, how best to make use of its ability? Is there a way to macro its use into Clique so I don't need to actively target someone to use it (hate doing that, like keeping the boss targeted so that I can spot tank switches easily via target of target).
Edited by Gaidren on 4/6/2013 11:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
im 90% sure the relic of chi ji (esp upgraded 2/2) and 522 vp trink are valued higher than the stolen relic of zuldazar
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Heard NOTHING good about the stolen relic or hydra spawn being good on anything even with the buff.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Kind of an off topic question but I'm wondering if I'm reading the tooltip correctly. It says it grants a blessing up to 6 times and then you can chose to activate the on use to shield someone for 164 damage per stack of blessing. Is that right? Is it enhanced with any of your own stats like intellect to make that stronger and I'm just not familiar with it? Am I overly tired due to my body refusing to sleep?

If that's right and there's no modifier to make that absorb stronger that seems like an awfully sucky absorb. I suppose you could carry it around as basically a rock with spirit on it but if you don't need that then you've answered your own question - keep the old ones.

Heard NOTHING good about the stolen relic or hydra spawn being good on anything even with the buff.

I've heard a lot of bad about the Hydra Spawn one, that it's still not worth keeping also. Kind of makes me sad that with a new raid tier that there's not a lot of good pickings for healers. Reminds me of my tank - some tiers I'd be over flowing with trinkets and swap them out based on the encounter. Some tiers I'd end up keeping at least one old one because the new ones did nothing for me.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Honestly, i'd vendor it.

Trinket is rubbish.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Kind of an off topic question but I'm wondering if I'm reading the tooltip correctly. It says it grants a blessing up to 6 times and then you can chose to activate the on use to shield someone for 164 damage per stack of blessing. Is that right?

For some reason, the tooltips for trinkets that are shown on the forum never display the right numbers for the on-use/proc portion.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
The only trinkets worth equipping from the new versions are Horridon's and the VP trinket.

But I would personally hold on to anything above LFR in case these change.

For a druid at least Spirits of the Sun heroic 2/2 and Horridon are BiS.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
04/07/2013 03:15 AMPosted by Nerfheals
Kind of an off topic question but I'm wondering if I'm reading the tooltip correctly. It says it grants a blessing up to 6 times and then you can chose to activate the on use to shield someone for 164 damage per stack of blessing. Is that right?

For some reason, the tooltips for trinkets that are shown on the forum never display the right numbers for the on-use/proc portion.

I was hoping it was terribly off because that seemed like a worthless on use. I was curious to see what the stats were and thought "Wow, that would barely help my baby monk let alone a 90 healer."

OP - to be honest there's nothing wrong with keeping multiple trinkets. I tend to keep the ones I get when I do raid because there may be that one fight where they are worthwhile. And seeing that Blizz is still tinkering with some of the trinkets it might behoove you to keep it and see what happens.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
well i just got this trinket last night on our regular kill. In my opinion, the only fight i can MAYBE see myself equipping it for would be durumu. However, I'm happy with my jade figurine with Qin-xi's. I don't think this trinket is very good overall. i dont have any mana issues. my current il is 509 without the trinket equipped.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
H SotS 2/2 + H Thunderforged Horridon's Last Gasp are your unapologetic best balanced / regen oriented trinkets. I'm thinking for certain fights you could work in Lightning Imbued Chalice if you didn't need the regen from the spirit.
Reply Quote
35 Blood Elf Priest
Got this last night in LFR.

First thought: Shiny new epic trinket!
Second thought: Ewww, Spirit instead of Int as a primary stat on it.
Third thought: EWWWW, I heal with Clique add-on and mouseover healing, how the hell do I make the on-use work for me (and is the on-use really that good)

Currently using the 522 VP trinket, and a 2/2 upgraded Relic of Chi-Ji for healing. Should I drop the RoCJ for SRoZ, and if so, how best to make use of its ability? Is there a way to macro its use into Clique so I don't need to actively target someone to use it (hate doing that, like keeping the boss targeted so that I can spot tank switches easily via target of target).

You can make a mouseover macro for the on use. You could also just add the trinket to a commonly used heal to just use the stacks as you get them for every 20 seconds.

But yes this trinket is really underwhelming and even if they buff the stackrate or absorb on it, it will be niche.
Edited by Linalee on 4/9/2013 4:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Always hold on to trinkets. You never know when they'll get buffed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Only reason you'd want the trinket is for the spirit. Takes way to long to get 6 stacks.

I always loved new tiers for the trinkets, never really cared about the rest of the gear/weapons. This is a sad tier.
Edited by Sadiemay on 4/9/2013 9:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Always hold on to trinkets. You never know when they'll get buffed.

This. All research done indicates these two trinkets are worthless right NOW. Since I don't think they want us to use previous tier trinkets over their new stuff I'm anticipating SOMETHING being done eventually. Bank it for now and use something else for the mean time.
Reply Quote
#showtooltip Stolen Relic of Zuldazar
/use 13 [target=mouseover,help,exists] [target=target,help,nodead] [target=targettarget,help,nodead] [target=player] Stolen Relic of Zuldazar

Thats the macro I use, it works pretty well. Change /use 13 or /use 14 on whichever slot the trinket is.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
No, it doesnt, it's based on PPM, and to add to that it's coded so that if you don't get a stack your next spell/attack has an increased proc chance.

The trinket is pretty !@#$ty other than for regen purposes, and even then I'd rather take the Hydra Bag because at least I don't have to think about the abysmal throughput gain.

As others have said though, always keep trinkets around, for buffs to them, or even just PTR testing.

I casted it on the tank after they took a spike of damage, saw the actual size of the absorb in relation to his health bar, and laughed.
Uhm, well, it's an absorb, so of course it will do jack %^-* if you cast it AFTER the damage was already taken, you're suppose to cast it before >.<
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
04/09/2013 09:25 AMPosted by Gemknight
Since I don't think they want us to use previous tier trinkets over their new stuff I'm anticipating SOMETHING being done eventually.

While it's probably worth keeping it around, I wouldn't bet on major trinket rebalancing. It wouldn't be the first tier they've let previous-tier trinkets stay on top (*cough* double Solace *cough*).

All the static Spirit/proc throughput trinkets they've put in have been total flops except for Qin-Xi's, and even that's a bit questionable. Throughput-proc trinkets have to be very, very good (probably severely over budget) before healers will touch them. Even with Disc trying to like static Spirit right now...static Spirit and proc throughput is two strikes against a trinket, and they have to know that by now.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I've been thinking a lot about any sort of hidden thing I might have missed with these two trinkets ever since I typed up:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8569110755?page=1#19
and
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8569110755?page=2#22

After some consideration, I've kind of been rolling around in my mind that the developer intention was for Lightning-Imbued Chalice to simply outclass the two spirit+proc trinkets because it's from the last boss of the tier and his loot table is bigger.

But I don't understand the logic after they put in the Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault as a valor reward welfare epic. The static int on a welfare epic was going to be a problem, and that logic was validated for me back in firelands with the valor trinket selection:
Raid drops: Eye of Blazing PowerJaws of Defeat
Wellfare epic: Fiery Quintessence

And the Horridon's Last Gasp is from a much earlier boss and it outclasses both static spirit trinkets if you're putting equal weight on throughput compared to mana regen. So that's kind of the stick in my "progression-oriented" theory for distribution.

Not to mention if my theory is correct that LIC is better than the two spirit trinkets because it's the last boss, then shouldn't the two Heroic versions of the static spirit trinkets be more throughput than the normal version of LIC (after a reforging the spirit)? They aren't more throughput with any of the 5 healers. I really don't understand why the Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn isn't the valor trinket this tier, and the Soothing Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault isn't the Primordius drop.

And even if the bubbles on both Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn and Stolen Relic of Zuldazar were doubled in power, they still wouldn't be as throughput-powerful as LIC nor as mana friendly as Horridon's.

At the end of the day, I'm wishing I would have contributed more to the trinkets thread from the ptr forums when these trinkets were being discussed. I didn't put an ounce of mathematical effort into them until they were live.
Edited by Twistedmind on 4/21/2013 2:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]