Hunter deterrence

55 Blood Elf Death Knight
Anybody noticed that the druid's version of deterrence is better? http://www.wowhead.com/spell=110617/deterrence

My main is a resto druid. I'm currently leveling a hunter (currently 84) and was excited to have 60sec cd with deterrence but then I noticed that the hunter version is much weaker and I die frequently even while using it from dots.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
The Druid version is worse since it doesn't provide the damage reduction. Other than that it's the exact same.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Technically deterrence for resto druids is stronger because resto doesn't suffer from the pacification like hunters do.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
can't tell you how often I want to pop stoneform after deter and can't - gotta do it before >.<
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Hunter
can't tell you how often I want to pop stoneform after deter and can't - gotta do it before >.<

Try macroing with doing

/cast Stone Form
/cast Deterrance

Worked on my dwarf gal with using SF + Cloak for rogue.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Well, the dash they give us is better than their dash I think.
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=113073
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Technically deterrence for resto druids is stronger because resto doesn't suffer from the pacification like hunters do.

Our rdruid says he cant heal with it up, though depending on the fight, he prefers it over Iceblock.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
04/08/2013 07:25 PMPosted by Leorina

Our rdruid says he cant heal with it up, though depending on the fight, he prefers it over Iceblock.

That makes sense, as deterrence has a shorter base cd than ice block. do druids have a 2 min cd on deterrence, or a 1 min cd?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
That makes sense, as deterrence has a shorter base cd than ice block. do druids have a 2 min cd on deterrence, or a 1 min cd?

2 minutes, 30% damage reduc, regardless of what I have glyphed/talented.

The good thing about it is that it gives him freedom to move, unlike iceblock.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
04/09/2013 05:06 AMPosted by Leorina

2 minutes, 30% damage reduc, regardless of what I have glyphed/talented.

The good thing about it is that it gives him freedom to move, unlike iceblock.

It still does the 100% deflect/dodge/parry thing for druids right?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
It still does the 100% deflect/dodge/parry thing for druids right?

For sure. Unless of course we can't deterrence it in the first place, then neither can they, but that's a given.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Man, i love deterrence on some fights, like sha of fear (which my guild downed on sunday on regular, trying out HoF tomarow) since it completely blocks breath of fear, letting me stay out and continue burning adds every other breath, provided i talent to make it a 1 min cd. Also great on feng, during epicenter, or during arcane velocity when you have arcane resonance. makes it so much easier on the healers to keep me alive.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I couldn't agree more, good sir, though I wish it was a bit more reliable.

I'm on skype during raids with the resto druid in question and I'll try deterring something and it works and I just say "hah, deterrence" and he's like "wait, you can deterrence that?".

At the same time I get called to deterrence some things (sparks on elegon come to mind) and they're like "she wont need heals" and I say "I probably will" "But doesn't deterrence deflect everything?" "Yeah, when it wants to"

It's interesting, I'll give it that. Certainly a bit more exciting than iceblock and divine shield.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
yep, shorter cd to, as divine shield and ice block have 5 min cds.

Glyph of disengage often gets my healers mad, as does regular disengage, but I don't use it to irritate them, I use it for 2 purposes, movement (i spin and disengage to where i want to go, like behind the adds on sha of fear, or back in the cone for breath of fear after i deterrence one, or toward the melee i get chained to on stone guard, makes it a lot easier on the healers, but they still flip a little when I'm briefly out of range) or to get out of stuff/away from stuff (IE flanking orders, get away from feng after arcane velocity just incase he puts arcane resonance on me, any buff that drops a puddle when dispelled).

there are times when healers talk about having me take it off my action bars. Now, normally Im not using the glyph, don't need to, exceptions being stone gaurd or sha of fear, the extra distance just helps.

Thing is im never getting killed due to disengage (except that one time on blade lord when I disengaged to get through some tornadoes and he targeted me with unseen strike as i was working my way toward the raid)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
there are times when healers talk about having me take it off my action bars. Now, normally Im not using the glyph, don't need to, exceptions being stone gaurd or sha of fear, the extra distance just helps.

What is wrong with your healers? Really? O_o
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
they don't like me going out of range, which happens briefly whenever I disengage (ok most of the time I don't go out of range, they panic thinking I'm going out of range.

I'm the only range dps that is present every single night, meaning I know the fights well and am almost always picked, that said since I'm always in the raid, Im the only dps who has tendencies of leaving healers range in certain circumstances, although it is briefly, they see my frame grey out due to distance, and they complain.

I should (and do) watch it, but disengage is the fastest way to get out of puddles, I take a lot less dmg than some of the other dps due to my tendency to disengage out of them, provided the circumstances allow for it to not be a stupid idea.
Reply Quote
62 Worgen Warrior
Disengage sometimes lets you bypass mechanics in funny ways too.
My biggest complaint with deterrence is the no attacking, which overall is fine, and that sometimes its fine vs AoE effects and sometimes not..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]