My PC vs 25-mans

1 Human Priest
Hello. I am wanting to know if my computer can handle 25-man raiding with my current specs. I am on a laptop so it would be hard to upgrade so that is out of the question. All I am wanting to know are my capabilities on 25-man raiding from the hardware perspective.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.5GHz
RAM: 6 GB (I do not know what DDR it is)
Hard Drive: 640 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

Things I am wanting to know specifically are:

-Run WoW on 32/64 bit
-Expected FPS in 25-man raid environment
-What settings to play on (Fair, Low, etc)
-Any other useful information

All information is gratefully accepted and thank you for helping me out!
Edited by Bankìngbob on 4/9/2013 5:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
WoW will run 64-bit
FPS in 25 man raids will be somewhere around 20~30
In raids, I'd probably keep it at good / high, shadows @ low, SSAO off, anti-aliasing off

This depends massively on your monitor resolution. It's likely only 1366x768, but if it's 1920x1080...
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
Yea my resolution is lower, it is 1360x768.
Edited by Bankìngbob on 4/10/2013 7:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
That sounds right to me. The one thing you can't tell from specs alone is what the heat/cooling situation for your laptop is, and how aggressively its manufacturer may have set it to automatically throttle your cpu and/or gpu to manage temperatures. Sometimes these issues can lead to a lot less performance than you thought you'd get.

Anyway the best way to find out for sure is just to try it. You can lfr as many times as you want to test -- I'd suggest starting pretty low and then dial your settings up as desired. You could even experiment with different settings live during say trash pulls, it shouldn't hurt the rest of the raid that much.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
I have my laptop on a cooling pad so heat is not an issue for me unless it has been extended hours. LFR doesn't give me much trouble in terms of fps drops. The fights that give me some trouble are like the Megaera breaths if my camera is to zoomed in because my back is to a rock or Durumu's maze when it comes out. This is both in LFR and Normal.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]