Durumu Maze Improvements – 4/9

100 Worgen Hunter
The only problem now is that it feels like the beams moves a LOT faster now. And that was what was wiping our lfr today. Yeah, i just don't feel like getting to the stacks needed to down the boss, when the gold reward won't even come close to covering the gear repairs.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Post this on the D&R board Bashiok! I promise we don't bite =p

Btw maze was indeed easier to see, thanks.

Not sure about the comment saying the beam moves faster. I did notice it catching up quite a bit on the ranged path, but it's probably always been like that
Edited by Digerati on 4/9/2013 4:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I hope its better... trying to find a path through a mess that is the maze while 24 other people spaming abilities was what was killing me... I couldn't actually see what I was supposed to be doing.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I just did Durumu and noticed no change. So, coulda fooled me blizzard. In fact, you did. Because I did durumu before I came here and saw this post claiming you changed it.

If you did in fact changed it, you didn't change it in any noticeable way.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I did it for the first time today, but it seemed pretty easy to see the maze. I died the first time, but only because I didn´t realize how fast the lazer was coming behind me.

We wiped twice, but that was because both times 6 of the 8ish people who died were healers.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's still really hard to navigate in my opinion. I can't quite tell where the path is unless it's a huge hole. I managed to get in it part of the time, but still died from it on each of our attempts in LFR today.

same here.
Reply Quote
The only problem now is that it feels like the beams moves a LOT faster now. And that was what was wiping our lfr today. Yeah, i just don't feel like getting to the stacks needed to down the boss, when the gold reward won't even come close to covering the gear repairs.

i noticed it too, durumu was going "ima get you" then he quickly moves his beam to my body while i was running for my life.

here is the outcome: it killed me.
Edited by Gistene on 4/9/2013 9:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Definitely his Disintegration Beam is moving much faster. Prior to the change, we'd have a nice train of folks running on the outer path easy as pie. Today, it slowly caught up to the whole group, then eventually got me in the lead.

The only way to survive without a speed buff is to take the smaller, inside route. And a whole raid stacked there taking it is a mess. o.O

04/09/2013 05:10 PMPosted by Gistene

i noticed it too, durumu was going "ima get you" then he quickly moves his beam to my body while i was running for my life.

here is the income: it killed me.
Edited by Desembre on 4/9/2013 5:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
http://i.imgur.com/0HYYCe2.png

This is what the raid looked like after the first maze phase.

So no, I can assure you that the hotfix was DEFINITELY not enough for the LFR crowd.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
doesn't matter
people are still gonna get hit by the beam because they still "cant see the maze"

idk why blizz doesn't realize that that was just an excuse from the LFR people
they are just bad
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Went back this afternoon as a healer and we only wiped once. Had a number of people say they had not done it before, so i am guessing the changes made a difference. Not sure i noticed a difference visually.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
New maze is terrible. Old version was WAY better.

In the new version (at least on heroic), at the end of the maze phase, there is a solid wall of eyesore with no opening that the death beam approaches. It gives you approximately a 5yd wide gap between the beam and the purple stuff right before the phase ends. This means you have about a 1 second window to basically run into eyesore and hope you don't die as the phase ends (sometimes an opening appears before the death beam gets that close, but it seems random whether this happens).

The old version you just had to learn to step backward, toward the beam, as the phase started to get in the safe zone as the eye sore formed (otherwise eye sore could spawn on top of you, depending on luck). With the old version, there was never a situation where you had to rely on luck or 'hope and pray' while running into eye sore and spamming raid CDs+healthstones+personal CD's.

In the new version, the start and the entire maze leading up to the very end is extremely easy, but the end of the phase makes the new version far worse than the old version. This change takes this fight from among my top 3 favorite in the zone to one of the worst.
Edited by Grumbul on 4/9/2013 8:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
wow, what a difference. Its way easier to see now without all that purple fog crap. That being said, we still kept wiping. lol People can't figure out which side of the beam to start on.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
New maze is terrible. Old version was WAY better.

In the new version (at least on heroic), at the end of the maze phase, there is a solid wall of purple ground crap with no opening that the death beam approaches. It gives you approximately a 5yd wide gap between the beam and the purple stuff right before the phase ends. This means you have about a 1 second window to basically run into eyesore and hope you don't die as the phase ends (sometimes an opening appears before the death beam gets that close, but it seems random whether this happens).

The old version you just had to learn to step backward, toward the beam, as the phase started to get in the safe zone as the eye sore formed (otherwise eye sore could spawn on top of you, depending on luck). With the old version, there was never a situation where you had to rely on luck or 'hope and pray' while running into eye sore and spamming raid CDs+healthstones+personal CD's.

It is because they extended the beam length, or it is faster which is why its an issue? We always put a mark down. Pre change, it would end at the mark like clockwork, post change it ends about 10 yards past the mark everytime, and there is a solid wall of eyesore that you can't get past.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
The beam moves significantly faster now, and the maze is still difficult to see. It would be nice if all the fog was removed and there was just a clearly visible floor effect. At times i can make out distinct rectangular shapes on the floor but the fog just masks everything and has a few seconds after the path appears before it fades out.
Edited by Thebows on 4/9/2013 8:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I honestly can't tell much if any difference.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yep, losing half our raid on "re-progression" due to a stupid maze change isn't fun because of solid walls.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Rogue
tried this today in lfr and it was going good, i actually thought it was easier until the end where i died by the BEAM. it was strange to me because i was not expecting it, i was following the path just fine but i guess i wasn't moving fast enough and the beam caught up
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
It's a lot better now. Only thing that threw me off was him going a different direction (beam went right to left last week instead of left to right).

Once we got everyone in the raid on the same page though, we did fine.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]