Durumu Maze Improvements – 4/9

90 Tauren Paladin
too hawd, cant do it.

People want free loot from LFR and tend to be a bit lazy. People still free that in LFR, you can ignore mechanics. Don't worry about DPS, and pay attention to the mechanics. You'll win most everytime.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
The end of the Eye Beam phase is bugged so hard now. Half of the time the maze stops creating a path right at the end of the phase which means you either have to eat a few ticks of Eye Sore or end up eating the beam.

You didn't improve the maze, you broke it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
The end of the Eye Beam phase is bugged so hard now. Half of the time the maze stops creating a path right at the end of the phase which means you either have to eat a few ticks of Eye Sore or end up eating the beam.

This over and over again.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

^^^^^
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue

qft
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage

This over and over again.

And over and over and over again.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Death Knight
The new maze is far worse than before
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
not much of an improvement huh? xD
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman

I was expecting rainbows, but got an eye sore.
Reply Quote
92 Goblin Rogue
While it was easier to identify the maze and navigate it (barely), it was still too graphically intense for my poor card to handle, causing horrible stuttering on simply the eye turrets prior to the boss and during his maze portions. It's Venoxis from Zul'Gurub all over again.

I'll admit, my graphics card is a Geforce GT 610, so it's a bit under requirements. Still, I wish that didn't cripple me during fights like this, and that I could enjoy Throne of Thunder to a bit of a better degree. (I really need to update asap.)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
yep
the end of the beam phase (like last 5 sec) stops making a path and we have to just run into the eye sore to not die to the beam

PLEASE FIX THIS NOW

you have real raiders coming in here telling you the issue

old version was better
Edited by Zemeo on 4/9/2013 9:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
maze is easier to see UNDER YOUR FEET however the uncovered area looks clear when it really isn't as the beam moves closer. as others have said and many of my guild members said tonight, the beam is moving much faster resulting in the range group (we run melee close group and ranged very far group) can not run away fast enough and get hit by beam not the maze. also there are many more "trick" openings that quickly turn into death traps.

keep new graphic under you. make the maze part that is being uncovered completely solid. don't speed the beam up. there i just fixed your problem -.-
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Way easier to start but near the end the eyesores stop clearing... in LFR you HAVE TO run through the sores at the end or you will die...

Still not right but it is better. Also the gold beam goes like mad now...

One final thing I was wondering about. It seems to me in LFR the direction of the Gold beam is related to the direction he is going to spin. Gold seems to spin the same way he will in the next phase... of course that could all be chance but we didn't wipe 4000 times so I couldn't really test it.
Reply Quote

I can say that it was exactly the same for my guild tonight. Really sucked, we one shot everything up until then and we were expecting to one shot him too.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest

Cant say it much better than this. The fact that the paths end prematurely, and the beam moves faster, made for a much worse raid than last week. My guys finally get used the the maze as it was (which wasn't an issue at all) and you try to make improvements only to essentially make the maze worse.

Granted, we can see it more clearly (though, If you have a decent machine it was never hard to see), but the buggy mechanics of it now is a killer.
Edited by Nyctophobic on 4/9/2013 11:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Forgot to note that something in the new look is causing wicked lag spikes for my computer. They did not happen last week. I turned everything all the way down and even set my resolution to the lowest my monitor can handle... still have the lag spikes.

Its like every 3 seconds my FPS drops to 0 and then goes back up again. Really weird that happens now but didn't before.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It's substantially worse.

We lost our entire ranged group at one point because the ranged path just stopped.

The melee path was spawning so late that the frontrunners moving into the correct spot would die from standing in the maze, then it would clear up as those behind - whose backsides were hard against the disintegration beam - moved in to stand on their bodies.

You've stuffed it up badly. Unhotfix it quick.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Tested it tonight, I will say that it's easier off the get go, but the beam seems to be closer to the group before the maze will open. Where once I used to have time to stop and hard cast while traversing the maze, it's all we can do to stay in front of the beam but not in the maze itself.

I see people saying the beam is faster. I don't think it's faster. The maze just doesn't open most of the time until the beam is almost on top of you. This is a farm boss for us and we struggled with it tonight. Almost felt we had to relearn the maze phase with the new changes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]