Durumu Maze Improvements – 4/9

90 Pandaren Monk
It truly is a sad day when Blizz caters to fail LFR casuals who lack skill. What about the 10's of thousands of players that have been clearing it since day one with no difficulty? There was no need to change the encounter at all.

PRO TIP: Raiding is a team sport rely on your team to beat the encounter! raiding 101 you change your specs, glyphs, enchants to beat the encounter. Not cry to blizz to nerf/ change it so its face roll for the inept.

Yup because blizzard should never fix a bug (and they have statted that the maze being super hard to see is a bug)

Guess what, its not your game. they make it, they decide the rules. if you dont like them, quit.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
After the hotfix, it seems it is possible for a safe path to not appear during the maze phase. My guild has killed him before, but when we got to him this week, there were no safe paths rendering, and we all got hit by the beam while we were waiting for a path to appear at the place we normally wait.
Edited by Shamypriest on 4/10/2013 10:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
So much easier to see now, very well done indeed! It did seem like we were getting more safe paths that were just about under him than before, but that could be purely bad luck. In any case, beam speed not withstanding, the graphic change is terrific and easier to see. I love the mechanic and it's great that folks in LFR should be expected to be able to navigate the maze; they just needed to be able to actually see it. Well done.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I just did this again today and everyone in my group agreed that they find it worse now then before. To me the maze walls and covering fog are exactly the same and I'm not sure the difference between the cover fading the the walls just doing their crazy cloud thing.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
04/10/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Bashiok
Unless you're in the MELEE safe zone, you WILL die without a speed boost of some sort.

Yeah, we noticed that, and a fix went out at about 1pm today. You should be all good in the ranged track now.

Still need a speed boost as of 9:00 pm EST on Mal'ganis. Are you sure this was fixed?
Reply Quote
its at least killable now sinve it doesnt stop into a dead end
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
One thing that is kinda weird now, is that after the boss stop casting disintegration beam he will start attacking and using his normal abilities but the smoke is still there for another 10-15 seconds(maybe less), the smoke should vanish at the same time he start attacking imo.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
04/10/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Bashiok
Unless you're in the MELEE safe zone, you WILL die without a speed boost of some sort.

Yeah, we noticed that, and a fix went out at about 1pm today. You should be all good in the ranged track now.

As of 9-10 PM eastern on Turalyon (April 10) if you don't have a speed boost like Roar you will die. It is not possible to survive this just on 108% speed. Furthermore, as was reported above, once the beam goes away the next phase mechanics starts with the eye sores still around. This made it nearly impossible for the tanks to get into position and not get destroyed.

This encounter is STILL very broken and in some respects worse than the way it was on Tuesday.

FIX IT.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
killed him last night as well as last week u guys did a good job fixing the maze we had dif member run the fight on all levels of particle density just to test and we are happy too report that we can run it on any graphic setting now. the end of the maze seems too disapate alot slower now providing a higher chance to have raid booted off the platform but at least no more insta gibs at start of maze due to lack of reveal thx for listening to us.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I missed this thread but I would like to add my opinions as a veteran who has played since release and done quite a bit of the raid content with guilds.

The old maze was inappropriate for LFR.

Ill have to try it again.
Edited by Chucktrucks on 4/11/2013 4:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

It is still broken. Ranged path sometimes does not appear. Actually more than sometimes.

Not sure why this mechanic needed to be broken as it was fine before.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
My raid groups experience is that this is now a much harder mechanic.

We are getting instances where the clear path is becoming a dead end. We never encounted this problem before.

Ranged are also saying that their path is not popping up at all.

These issues are causing insta wipes. At least before we knew that at the beginning it was going to very difficult, therefore able to plan cooldowns, but now we feel where wiping when there is nothing we could possibly do to avoid it.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
But but I like determination stacking in LFR. Sooo much dps!

I enjoyed having 1mil health.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Maze is depressingly easy. Thanks for not ruining it RIGHT away and giving some people a few weeks to enjoy the game before you turn it into farmville
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
04/10/2013 01:38 PMPosted by Bashiok
We generally are extremely cautious about making gameplay adjustments to encounters once players have already learned them, but in this case the opening of the Halls of Flesh-Shaping LFR wing highlighted the fact that the mechanic was a particular source of confusion to many players, and the longer we waited to make any adjustment, the more disorienting it would be if we did change anything.

Thanks Bashiok!! I'm glad that this was actually a graphics issue. And the beam moving faster keeps people on their toes. I am so glad it was fixed quickly...Did the LFR with the rest of my raid team last night, and we were able to see the graphic clearly from the best pcs down to the person with the slow older pc.

The problem with graphics heavy mechanics like this is as Bashiok said...it's hard to figure out what the problems might be until after it goes live. And we will probably see more hotfixes as they tweak :)!
Edited by Runnerpally on 4/11/2013 7:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock

See people, this is why I post. :P

So long as they understand, it's all good. Thanks Bashiok. :D I killed myself with Burning Rush the other day because the beam caught up to me before it was about 3/4 of the way done. Lol. (No, Burning Rush doesn't kill you itself, but I was weak enough due to it that Life Drain killed me. Lol.)
Edited by Bitsi on 4/11/2013 8:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
PRO TIP: Raiding is a team sport rely on your team to beat the encounter! raiding 101 you change your specs, glyphs, enchants to beat the encounter. Not cry to blizz to nerf/ change it so its face roll for the inept.
And how is relying on your team, changing your spec, glyphs, or enchants going to help people with the encounter? The problem was how the maze was displayed. The groups that I was in had no problems other than the maze. We didn't hit the enrage timer, and nobody died outside of the maze. You just sound like another (illogical/illiterate) elitist.
Edited by Lometos on 4/11/2013 8:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Priest
I did this one last night and even though it took 4 wipes on LFR because half the folks there had no clue which way the beam was going to go it was still better than the time I ran it on my horde priest a few days ago and this time I stayed alive every time the beam started.

That time on my horde it took 6 wipes and still only about 7 folks were alive after the beam started because of being one shotted by the beam when it started or they were on the wrong side of it.

This hotfix was a big improvment in being able to see where the safe spots were because even with my graphics set pretty low because of lag issues it was a nightmare before and it's a little eaiser to see with less lag.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Great!

....now fix the gear drop rates.

I don't appreciate spending all of my Mogu Tokens and not winning ANYTHING.

Why not give the Tokens a 100% chance to drop SOMETHING, so you're guaranteed at least three gear pieces, upgrade or not, as long as you're doing dailies throughout the week.

I know people will start bragging about how lucky they are in winning drops, but some of us are NOT lucky.

I've run the new LFR's about four times, to completion, and I've only won 2 items. This was with about 8-10 Mogu Tokens spent as well.

I work a busy schedule, so grinding out dailies every week is not always possible.

The few times I have Mogu Tokens to spend, I'd like to feel like there was a point to saving up charms for them, but when I spend three in a row and win nothing but chump change three times, it makes me want to do those dailies even less.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]