Are there any active guilds on alliance side?

90 Draenei Shaman
I made a character on another server, and it was absolutely booming with life, people to talk to, everybody doing old raids for transmog etc etc, my guild rarely has more than 2 people logged in at once, my question is, what is the most active guild on alliance side boulderfist?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Sorry, US-Boulderfist Alliance is probably one of the least active communities at this time. Many have xfered off and/or faction changed. At time of writing there are zero 25m raiding guilds, and only one 10m beyond 2nd boss in 10m normal. Further, we have no RBG or PVP guilds at all.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Only one 10m in general atm. We're currently on hiatus due to losing two tanks and a healer.
Everything else is true.
Which truly does make me sad.
Edited by Deliate on 4/10/2013 3:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Hmm, quite depressing.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Alliance has more than enough capable players to get a really solid 25M going, but they're all spread out among so many different guilds at this point that it's almost impossible to bring them together, due in no small part to how attached they are to their respective guilds (which is fair). And no one wants to be the one to try "uniting all the good players" because that is not only a ridiculous notion, but also plays heavily into bias toward whoever they think is good enough. Super-group style guilds rarely endure anyway.

It also doesn't help that players are just seemingly giving up on Boulderfist alliance altogether and transferring elsewhere, or going the LFR-only route and finding that not really ideal but acceptable. I know of a lot of players who would prefer raiding outside LFR, myself included, if they had a dependable team to be a part of. The fact is, even in the smaller 10-man focused guilds, recruitment is nigh impossible. It's getting to a point where I see a lot of players and think that they must still be here because they're not necessarily dedicated to the server "community" but to their core group of friends. I'm not sure if that's accurate or not. The point is that it just amplifies the problem. No one wants to feel like they're abandoning friends they may have been playing with for so many years -- since classic in some cases even -- just so they can go somewhere else to progress.

Apologies for the redundancy and nonsensical banter.

More on topic, I would guess Dragon Knight or Cute are the most active alliance guilds currently. They seem to have the most people online at any given time. I know Dragon Knight does a bunch of PVP and a lot of their members are very nice, but you'd have to ask Dragonheart about it if that interests you.

Cheers!
Edited by Grid on 4/10/2013 7:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If we could scrape together every last player, maybe we could put together a band of misfits for a 25m, but the logistics of that are so daunting it would never come to pass.

Further, take a stroll through the shrine. It's a ghost town, if you encounter more than 3 people it'd be a miracle. In contrast, go to any heavily populated server and you'll see nothing but a sea of nameplates everywhere.

It breaks my heart that the server I've stuck with since Vanilla has come to this. Hopefully Blizzard will have a solution to faction imbalanced and low pop servers come next expansion.
Edited by Laurabelle on 4/11/2013 6:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
There isn't much they can do about it outside of merging servers with opposite faction imbalance or free transfers to Boulderfist. I highly doubt they'll merge server at this point in the game and in regards to the transfers, I also don't see many people coming over this time around.

Just the other day, around 5:45pm server, I did a /who for every class 85+ and the results were terrible. I did another one for only 90s and not a single class was above 11 players.

Honestly though, this isn't something knew. It's been slowly getting worse since Faction Change was implemented.
Edited by Deliate on 4/11/2013 12:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Boulderfist is dead, plain and simple.

Stop contemplating and move along now.

Alot of us went to KJ and its booming with people.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Alot of us went to KJ and its booming with people.

So many people, in fact, that you felt the need to try to bring in more. And what a sales pitch! "Your server is dead!", claims the warrior who has "accomplished" nothing I couldn't do myself here on Boulderfist, playing a game with friends according to our own level of enjoyment.

If you like being a grain of sand in a desert, then by all means enjoy your bustling new home. Meanwhile, I'll continue to prefer and enjoy spending my time with friends on our smaller server.
Edited by Grid on 4/21/2013 4:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
stay here dude,

no one is begging you.

and i don't know what your looking to "accomplish"

this is just a game, you can play it here on this dead server or go somewhere else with alot of players on it.

I could care less.

you really take this too seriously. i mean come on, grains of sand and deserts?? you need to get out more hommie lol
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Clearly Hitokirin does not possess the cognitive faculties to understand the points made by Laurabelle and Grid, instead choosing to check out a realm forum he doesn't belong in and belittle us who enjoy playing with the people they play with. Yes it sucks that Boulderfist is not what it was when I first started playing the game in Vanilla, but I can't imagine going anywhere else. Not just yet.

You say you could care less yet you invade another server's forums to post your opinion? That, Sir, is caring.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Laurabelle:
Further, we have no RBG or PVP guilds at all.

Since DK came back to life a few months ago, a very strong and successful RBG team has formed, with several members doing arenas as well.

I'll save you the time of armory'ing me, I have not made it onto one of the RBG teams yet.
Edited by Vertueux on 4/22/2013 1:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
stay here dude,

no one is begging you.

and i don't know what your looking to "accomplish"

this is just a game, you can play it here on this dead server or go somewhere else with alot of players on it.

I could care less.

you really take this too seriously. i mean come on, grains of sand and deserts?? you need to get out more hommie lol

I put the word accomplish in quotes because WoW is, like you said, just a game, and what players want to get out of their time spent playing it is very subjective. If you're having fun due to the large population on your new server, that's fantastic. Those of us still on Boulderfist know the player count here isn't what it used to be. We also know transferring is an option if our enjoyment begins to suffer because of it. So far, for me at least, it hasn't : )
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
RIP IN PEACE BOULDERFIST!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
RIP IN PEACE BOULDERFAIL!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hey guys glad you're all on the same band wagon, but it seems pretty redundant to say "RIP IN PEACE."
Reply Quote
Grid
90 Gnome Warlock
Dragon Knight
15680 Edited by Grid on 4/10/13 7:02 PM (PDT)
Alliance has more than enough capable players to get a really solid 25M going, but they're all spread out among so many different guilds at this point that it's almost impossible to bring them together, due in no small part to how attached they are to their respective guilds (which is fair).

I absolutely agree. If any of you are familiar with Thunderwrath, after Awakening fell apart he grabbed the reigns of his old guild "The Edge of Sanity" and quickly put together a 10 man team. Currently we are 3/12 ToT and moving up fast, (after a very late start). We've been trying to get a second team together because we know there are still people out there that would like to raid current content, but it's been difficult to say the least.

Our guild is small. Only about 90 toons, maybe 25 or so players total. So we have no pool to actually pull from and have been trying to recruit and or reach out to other guilds, without much success unfortunately.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
04/24/2013 06:23 PMPosted by Analjab
RIP IN PEACE BOULDERFAIL!

WHO ARE YOU?

Hey guys glad you're all on the same band wagon, but it seems pretty redundant to say "RIP IN PEACE."

That's the point.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
WHO ARE YOU?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]