On a LowPop server or faction? Talk to us!

100 Tauren Druid
LowPopWow is a new bi-weekly podcast that discusses the rewards and challenges of playing on a low population server or faction in the World of Warcraft. Our goal is to acknowledge the challenges by sharing strategies that players and guilds can use to improve the quality of their game play, and to recognize and celebrate the rewards that come with this unique environment and culture. To do this we draw our guests from the player-base, and ideally each episode offers a round-table discussion of that week's topic by people from a variety of servers and factions.

The show airs live with a chat room at 4pm CST every other Sunday on twitch.tv/lowpopwow and is hosted by Hathorr, who is also the newest co-host of MyEpicHeals.

You can follow us on Twitter @LowPopWow, like us on Facebook at LowPopWow, or visit out website at www.lowpopwow.com. We currently are a labor of love, and are not sponsored or affiliated with any media networks.

We are currently looking for guests, topics, suggestions, and audio clips!

Upcoming episodes:

Sunday, April 14: Learning to Raid
On low pop realms, raiding guild often do not have a wide pool of experienced raiders ready to jump into normal or heroic raids as soon as they are recruited. Similarly, players who are looking to start raiding often are at a disadvantage when it comes to securing a raid spot on these realms. How do guilds and players make the jump from LFR to normal raids?

Sunday, April 28: What we Love!
While Blizzard often has the best of intentions when introducing new features to the game, they can sometimes have unintended or exaggerated consequences for those on low pop realms. This episode seeks to identify and explain what we love about low pop so that when calls for change go out, there is a resource that establishes what we value and don't want to lose with future game changes.
***This is the episode that needs YOUR input the most! Please email us or leave a voice message so your voice can be heard!***

Want to be a guest?
Email hathorr at lowpopwow dot com with information about your character, server, and what unique perspective you would being to the show, as well as specific topics you feel you would be qualified to speak on. We do screening interviews in vent to check sound quality and to make sure that your input is not something we already have covered with another guest or episode.

Want to suggest a topic?
Email hathorr at lowpopwow dot com. Please give as much detail and scope as you can--what players to you think would be interested in this topic, what types of guests would be ideal to discuss the topic, and why you feel it is important to the low pop community.

Want to send us feedback or suggestions?
Email hathorr at lowpopwow dot com. Please be aware that we focus on the positive elements of low pop play more than the negatives, and specifically look for player-initiated solutions to the challenges we face. That being said, we would love to hear your thoughts!

We are looking for YOU to share the reasons why you love your low pop server or faction!
Please leave us an audio message that introduces your toon, your server, and one reason why you love your lo wpop server or faction in 90 seconds or less! You can leave us a message by clicking on the link at www.lowpopwow.com or you are welcome to email hathorr at lowpopwow dot com to make an appointment for us to record you in Skype or Vent.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
Not sure why you're posting here....

< <

> >
Edited by Grizelda on 4/11/2013 10:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Your promotional post is welcome by at least myself on this forum, Hathorr. The effort you're putting forth is exactly what The Scryers needs instead of the typical non-constructive or worse down right trolling posts that has become the norm.

Now I realize my own post here actually adds no informative value to the thread and is little more then a glorified bump. As such I normally would not have posted it; but in case you are taking the time to review your threads, I did not want to have you find the responses to only be unsupportive. Please carry on the good fight!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The problem, Arclon, is that the players on this server have trolled each other to the point we can't even be in the same guilds without wanting to strangle each other.

I was in a raid group for Galleon the other night, and there was at least 25-30 guilds represented. There was no more than maybe 2-3 people that were from the same guild.

I specifically remember a 10 man DS run I did last year that turned out into the biggest disaster only because once people realized who each other was then people were setting each other up for failure by not performing their role on purpose, or they started yelling, or cussing, tricksing the wrong person, or just going AFK during the boss.

These were all people that were part of the top 5 guilds on The Scryers back in the Ulduar days.

But no. No one can put aside their personal differences enough to be able to play the game together, and not make it personal.

FIX THAT...and the rest would fall in line.
Reply Quote
The problem, Arclon, is that the players on this server have trolled each other to the point we can't even be in the same guilds without wanting to strangle each other.

I was in a raid group for Galleon the other night, and there was at least 25-30 guilds represented. There was no more than maybe 2-3 people that were from the same guild.

I specifically remember a 10 man DS run I did last year that turned out into the biggest disaster only because once people realized who each other was then people were setting each other up for failure by not performing their role on purpose, or they started yelling, or cussing, tricksing the wrong person, or just going AFK during the boss.

These were all people that were part of the top 5 guilds on The Scryers back in the Ulduar days.

But no. No one can put aside their personal differences enough to be able to play the game together, and not make it personal.

FIX THAT...and the rest would fall in line.

<The Phoenix Republic> gets along with each other. If anyone doesn't it is squelched. Drama simply isn't ok and we are all adults. If you wanna play you gotta play nice. That policy seems to work pretty well.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
An unexpected turn for my post...

Although I think that the issue of community is a big one for smaller pop servers or factions. It seems like each one falls into one extreme or the other: either an AMAZINGLY friendly, nice, pleasant community, or INCREDIBLY snarky, trolly, and tough for newer players. My own server falls into the latter most of the time. Thank goodness for guilds that can create a bubble of pleasantness!

But I actually posted to you due to the fact that The Scryers does fall into the lower 1/3 of overall server populations, and with how severely actual active accounts fluctuate between patches, many servers experience issues and challenges that sometimes are mistakenly considered restricted to "low pop."

So please, if you have any feedback or would like to see us do a show on a particular topic that affects your server, please don't hesitate to email me! And we are looking to do a show on server community in the next few episodes, which sounds like one that a few of you might be interested in.

Currently iTunes and Stitcher only have our first episode--and there are some issues with sound due to an oversensitive microphone-but please keep an eye out for the next few episodes soon. They have information that should be helpful to people on any population server.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
DAM! Easy...I wasn't being unfriendly. Just light sarcasm regarding the size of our population. I'll be listening to the pod cast :)

...thought it was obvious...
Edited by Grizelda on 4/11/2013 10:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
58 Night Elf Druid
I always maintained that The Scryers only had about 1100 unique people and the rest of the population was made up of our alts.

As someone with 15 alts on this server, I can confirm this isn't too far off, since there is like only 2500 accounts active on this server. (and I have 2 of them)

That's why The Scryers is in the position it's in. Sometimes it's better to know your enemy, because we all know where each others boundaries are.

It wasn't till I went to Lightbringer that I actually got a taste of just how cruel and evil people can be. Things we would never do to each other here.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
Still feels like home. My favorite thing about the game is still to log on and just see what my friends are doing.

I've played with some of the same people for years now.
Reply Quote
58 Night Elf Druid
The grass isn't always greener, that's for sure.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
This coming Sunday--the 28th--the show is about building community on the server/faction--beyond the guild level. If anyone has any questions for the panel or sub-topic suggestions, shoot me an email or tweet!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]