Class Discussion: Death Knight

90 Troll Warlock
As no one ever asks in game, I figured i would make a thread just like Merkaba did. I see a lot of people with less-than-optimal gems/enchants and figured that I would make this thread. All questions and theory-crafting are welcome. There are some really good Death Knights out there that are always willing to help. Anything from rotations to gemming and enchanting for all three specializations. Hopefully Nomni can help me out here on the tanking side as i really only specialize in DPS.

THIS IS A MURADIN ONLY DISCUSSION THREAD TO HELP OUT OUR FELLOW MURADIN PLAYERS, LETS KEEP THIS CLOSE TO HOME
Edited by Lliira on 4/18/2013 9:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Since no one will post i will put in my two cents. I only know DPS spec and haven't really put in the time to master Unholy like i should have, but here we go!

Top DPS (535iL Patchwerk):
2H Unholy
2H Frost
DW Frost

Unholy atm is the top SINGLE TARGET dps spec (As per SimulationCraft). 2H Frost is very close behind, with DW being roughly 10k ish behind that. These are simulated results and may not reflect in-game results!

Which Spec to Choose!
Unholy: Unholy is based off of DoT's and Pet damage. (Moderate Skill required)
2H Frost: Apply deseases to increase Obliterate spam damage (Easiest)
DW Frost: Spamming Frost Strike and gaming Runes (Moderate Skill required)

The playstyle for each spec is fairly diverse and if anyone actually shows any interest i am willing to go into more detail later. (Or contact me in-game Death is my Death Knight)

Personal Preference: 2H Frost with Unholy OS.
Why: I find Obliterate spamming to be quite easy! I do use Runic Corruption over Empowerment as i find its makes it simpler to manage Runes. Reforging and Gemming is the same for 2H Frost and Unholy (Haste>Crit>Mastery) which makes it simple to switch things up!

I leave the Blood discussion for Nomni and any others willing to put in some input!
Edited by Lliira on 4/18/2013 9:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
bro aarthus and deathzshadow were the best DKs man i wanna hear their input
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
tyvm for the info in game. Was so helpful change my dps by over 10k just buy changing gems and and a few rotations tyso much :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]