[A/H]Event: Damn 101!

90 Undead Priest
Damnation 101 is a course dedicated to open discussion and lectures to those interested in learning more of the darker arts. Damn 101 is open to all classes eager to learn more about the shadows! Damn 101 alternates factions every Sunday, at 4pm server. You may visit wyrmrestaccord.net every week to find out which faction Damn 101 will visit!

http://www.wyrmrestaccord.org/calendar/damn-101-0

^That is for this week's Damn 101, which will be Alliance side!

These are the following meeting places for Damn 101:

Horde: The Undercity, in the Magic Quarter
Alliance: Stormwind City, in The Slaughtered Lamb in the catacombs. Look for the room with the purple rune.

If you are interested in learning more about Damn 101, OR if you are interested in becoming a lecturer, simply contact me in game as Ailissa{H} or Alisce{A}. ALSO, you may contact my co-coordinator, Irkingu{H}.

See you Sunday!
Edited by Ailissa on 4/26/2013 7:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Here are a few FAQs we get about Damnation 101:

What exactly goes on at this event?
That tends to vary from week to week. It began as a school for shadow priests, warlocks, and other sinisterly-inclined individuals, and still somewhat follows that basic format, but we're constantly experimenting with different approaches. At any given time, you may expect to be subjected to history lessons, lore-based philosophical discussions, lectures, labs, field trips, religious sermons, rituals, rants, debates, visual performances, interactive games, duels, and "homework assignments" designed to encourage further RP outside the event.

I already know how to play my class. Why would I need you to teach me anything?
While we have been building an established core of instructors, and sometimes refer to newer arrivals as "students," you don't literally need to be a novice (ICly or OOCly) to take part in this, or even necessarily a student of the particular schools of magic being taught. This event is interactive enough to allow each individual to choose his or her own level of involvement, and those who participate regularly are approached with opportunities to become instructors or guest lecturers, regardless of their character's level, class, race, or alignment.

I'm new to RP and not very lore-savvy. Am I qualified to attend?
Of course! While more in-depth involvement is always welcome, it's never mandatory. It's perfectly acceptable to just be part of the audience. This is an educational event, and a great way to practice RP skills, further develop your character, and learn about the lore of the game and your class. We also invite everyone into a raid group so as to provide a place for OOC questions and comments.

Wait... is this "event" just a front to try to OOCly indoctrinate us all into some evil cult?
THIS INTERVIEW IS OVER!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Today, 4PM server time, the Shadow descends upon Stormwind.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Come one, come all to this week's damnation (Sunday, 4 PM ST).

After defeating Irkingu in more or less honorable battle last time, I've torn his reign over warlocky warlockiness out of his bony hands, then kicked his butt and set him on fire.

Well, the last part was a lie, but that doesn't mean it won't happen, eh?

Anyway, we'll be meeting in Undercity again. I'll pick you up, then whisk you away to a place unknown. Come for duels and secret rituals. Delve with us into the spirituality of fiery vengeance. Come for Lore! Come for... cookies?

*looks around*

We won't have those.

ANYWAY, - BURN... I mean, - COME, come to meet us, come to show us who you are, come to learn or to share your wisdom with us. COME ONE, COME ALL!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
After defeating Irkingu in more or less honorable battle last time, I've torn his reign over warlocky warlockiness out of his bony hands, then kicked his butt and set him on fire.
*seethes with rage*
Lies! All lies!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
*seethes with rage*
Lies! All lies!

D'awww, the tears of the fallen and forgotten... so delicious.

I don't lie, Irkingu, - I mean ... erm,

IT IS REALLY HARD TO DISTINGUISH BETWEEN THE TRUTH AND AN ELABORATE LIE SOMETIMES, YOU KNOW?!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHuPg3mGXq8

Relevant.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
04/17/2013 10:12 PMPosted by Voragos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHuPg3mGXq8

((D'awww... memories. I've solo'ed this boss on my Draenei Resto Shaman when he was still relevant. Tank wiped the group. Who needs them anyway...?

Strange, though. I kind of like this mix.))
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Warning: If you value your sanity or your soul, it is imperative that you do not attend Damnation 101 this Sunday. I dare not speak of the horror which awaits those foolish enough to join us.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Awww, my wonderful living and breathing allies...

We've found a great location for this week's DAMN 101 (Horde). Join us as we gather at a place unknown and learn secret rituals you won't find in any grimoire. I would recommend to write your own, and maybe share your rituals with us. ((GHI items preferred))
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Priest
Warning: If you value your sanity or your soul, it is imperative that you do not attend Damnation 101 this Sunday. I dare not speak of the horror which awaits those foolish enough to join us.

Well, that's it. I'm going to have to try to make it on my other priest.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Well, that's it. I'm going to have to try to make it on my other priest.
Alas, another fallen star, forever tainted by the corruption of the Shadow.

*sinister chuckle*
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
It beckons. Behold it and despair.

Today, 4 PM server time. Same procedure as last time. Ailissa and Inguma will be in the Magic Quarter of Undercity for greetings and introductions, then I'll be summoning everyone to a place where they ought not be to do things they'll spend the rest of their cursed lives regretting.

And we still have room for you. Yes, you.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Less than an hour until the gathering of darkness.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Damn 101!

And, for the children, Darn 101!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Thanks again to everyone who joined us in the Blade's Edge Mountains Sunday for our demented brand of chicanery.
We ran into a minor mishap early on as phasing issues prevented us from utilizing Vim'Gol's Circle as our location, so we were forced to retreat to the nearest skewed Lovecraftian incline teetering on the brink of a deep precipice.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h91/Externalization/Damnation/1_zps1c03c9bc.jpg
(Reminder to self: Rogues don't fly.)

Once there, Inguma led us through a nefarious flame ritual showing the balance and interaction between creation and destruction, complete with a rousing dissertation on desire, indulgence, morality, and fear.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h91/Externalization/Damnation/3_zps7b01f89b.jpg

Shadowmancer Ailissa then gave us a visual demonstration of those same principles whilst being stabbed repeatedly in the back by Aichmophobia.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h91/Externalization/Damnation/7_zps08f52597.jpg

As we'd somehow ended up with an exclusively Forsaken gathering this time, Wollüstig treated us to some insights into certain experimental medical techniques which I'd be uncomfortable sharing with the living.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h91/Externalization/Damnation/9_zps4046cfff.jpg

Who knows what lies in store this Sunday, as the Alliance version of Damnation 101 convenes in Stormwind?
(Contact Alisce blue-side for a calendar invite.)
Edited by Irkingu on 4/27/2013 8:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Sorry I missed out on so much fun D: Had other obligations sadly. Will definitely try to come to the A side on my baby lock :3
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Will definitely try to come to the A side on my baby lock :3

An alt I've yet to encounter? I look forward to trying to deduce your identity.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
04/24/2013 05:57 PMPosted by Irkingu
Will definitely try to come to the A side on my baby lock :3

An alt I've yet to encounter? I look forward to trying to deduce your identity.

Mwahahah!
Reply Quote
I'm looking foward to this!! Do you send official invites in-game?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]