Holy Paladin T14 vs T15

100 Human Paladin
OOB

Holy Paladin T14 4pc bonus feels mandatory because its better than T15 heroic items :( please do something

Thanks for speaking up and getting it nerfed for the rest of us

Though no one enjoys getting nerfed, I am somewhat happy that I can get the next tier set/off pieces happily without stressing so much about losing the prior 4p bonus. Plus they buffed daybreak (as far as I can tell from the somewhat vague wording) so the t15 2p bonus will be that much stronger.

ATM I feel that the T14 set bonus is a wash w/ the higher ilevel gear (that I'm in now).
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
04/15/2013 07:12 PMPosted by Dalistar
Shaman and Druids are so freaking far behind you we can't even see your tail lights anymore.

MASSIVE HYPERBOLE ALERT

Healer balance, in terms of pure numbers, is actually about the best I've ever seen it right now. Paladins and Disc could probably stand to be taken down a notch simply because of the absorbs and utility they bring, but they're really not very far ahead at all on effective numbers, and actually a little behind most other specs (and way behind monks) on potential numbers.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
D'aww, did the mean ol' pally out heal you? There there, I came to let you know that healing is a team effort so you don't have to cry anymore.

...on a serious note, I wouldn't mind nerfing the healing of Holy Shock to get it 4 sec baseline CD, definitely makes healing feel more fast paced/fun.

Is that we said to holy paladins when they used to sit outside Sunwell buffing the raid with 4 resto shaman in it? If so would it be ok if shaman became as OP as you all have been for since Wrath?

On a serious note paladins are the strongest healers in the game right now. The only healer that can even come close to your output or exceed your output is a disc priest. Shaman and Druids are so freaking far behind you we can't even see your tail lights anymore. Healing is a team effort when everyone can contribute. When you bring one shaman to mana bot you so you can heal for 10% more or a druid so they can brez the !@#$% who stand in fire thats not a team effort. That's bringing your physicaly challenged kid brother to the baseball game and letting him be the ball boy.

You do realize that Monks and H priests are easily ahead in raw throughput compared to either disc or paladin, right? Even shaman, who have their own issues, have massive potential* throughput (as in, more than any other class). The issue is the fights don't call for that in most cases, but it comes out on a fight like H Tortos and H Iron Qon.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
ATM I feel that the T14 set bonus is a wash w/ the higher ilevel gear (that I'm in now).

I 100% agree, since switching from my T14 4-set to t-15 4-set I find myself using more spells and not being confined to being dependent on HS to build Holy power. My "potential" HPS may have gone down but my Effective healing has gone up, my overhealing have gone down, and my mana pool seems more linear(perdictive loss, fewer spikes from using multiple high cost spells in quick succession). Also the added stats from gear allowed me to reforge all my gear back to mastery, and because of the added spirit I use a Intellect flask for most fights.

I run ten mans, so two healing with a resto shammy has become the norm for most fights so this may be the reason for my noticed T-15 bios.
Edited by Retolydin on 4/16/2013 7:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Am I the only one that thinks it's kind of ridiculous that blizzard, instead of doing something about the terrible t15 set bonuses, is nerfing the t14?? basically just forcing us to use their t15 gear and removing our ability to choose... thanks Blizzard!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Am I the only one that thinks it's kind of ridiculous that blizzard, instead of doing something about the terrible t15 set bonuses, is nerfing the t14?? basically just forcing us to use their t15 gear and removing our ability to choose... thanks Blizzard!

Actually, the 4 piece for T15 is in line with an average set bonus benefit. The 2 piece is pretty low but the 4 piece for T14 was the main outlier.
Edited by Viena on 4/16/2013 11:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Moral of the story: If anyone in the future ever has a set piece bonus that's so powerful that it overshadows loot in the next tier, just keep your mouth shut and deal with it.

You won't be getting a buff to the new gear. Only a nerf to the old.
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Druid
Except no, you shouldn't keep your mouth shut, because if you do Blizzard's more likely to do much more insane hotfix changes like Disc went through.
Edited by Kangarooster on 4/16/2013 11:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Except no, you shouldn't keep your mouth shut, because if you do Blizzard's more likely to do much more insane hotfix changes like Disc went through.

Except no, this nerf was brought about only because some genius was using T14 to lobby for buffs to T15:

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/322435686533849088

If people had NOT complained, they would have left T14 alone.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Priest
It needed to be nerfed. You shouldn't get talent level increases from a set bonus.

Additionally, by the time this hits, the 2 set bonus on t15 is going to be MUCH better.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Honestly, the sky isn't falling. Our healing will be fine. Nothing is even set in stone yet, it's still in PTR.

Start panicking when the patch hits if there is anything to panic about at all.
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Druid
If people had NOT complained, they would have left T14 alone.
Hardly? GC already said if a lot of hpallies were continuing to use 4pc T14 over everything else, it would be changed.

Are you really so dense as to think the developers don't keep track of info like that?
Edited by Kangarooster on 4/16/2013 1:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Priest
t15N will be competitive with 2/2 upgraded t14H if you save your valor, due to the fact that item upgrades will be available.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]