Ret paladins?

100 Blood Elf Paladin
ret is gear dependent always has been
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Grognard, I have been benched for a considerable amount of fights this tier, as well as the other ret in out guild. Trust me, we joke about it all the time about how there really isn't a reason to bring a ret at the level of play that top guilds are at where everyone is around the same skill level. The other melee are just simply BETTER. The only guild I can really think of that is bringing their ret for all the bosses in the US top 10 bracket is Duality.

There are a handful of fights where ret is the ABSOLUTE worst damage dealer.
Edited by Zoaxlis on 4/17/2013 4:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
There are a handful of fights where ret is the ABSOLUTE worst damage dealer.

Frankly, I refuse to believe that it's the spec at fault and am pretty sure its your weapon.

Assuming no one got a weapon - or any other gear - between now and week of 4/9, according to WoL, you were 7th DPS of seventeen on that week's H Jin'rokh kill, and the melee ahead of you all have at least a normal ToT main-hand weapon. Had you not died about halfway through, and before your second Wings, I'm sure you would have put up a better showing on damage.

Or if you had a weapon from ToT...Given your 2/2 heroic Shin'ka, it may need to be at least a Thunderforged normal weapon to make a truly discernable difference, though. It just hardly seems fair to compare yourself that directly to your fellow melee when you don't have the most important tool to even begin to keep up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes, On fights Like Horridon ret can do considerably well, but it's not just my parses. It is ret's across the board. Through t14 I was pulling consistent top ranks and would be able to get near the top of the charts, if you look at this tier even top rankings of Ret are no where near that of other melee, (Unholy DK's/Fury Warriors/Rogues). If you look at some of the top guilds thus far this tier, VERY few of them are actually consistently bringing a ret to a raid.

I love my ret, I will never swap. I just hope that we can be brought on par with other melee before the end of the expansion. But meh, we will see.
Edited by Zoaxlis on 4/18/2013 12:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Retribution Paladins are hands down in our WORST STATE that we have been in for the past couple years. Our damage, im sorry, but on the World class level is VERY under par compared to our peer classes.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
04/18/2013 12:14 AMPosted by Zoaxlis
Retribution Paladins are hands down in our WORST STATE that we have been in for the past couple years.

I don't know what game you're playing but we've been far, far worse off then we are now.

And it's only getting better as Blizzard keeps steadily bumping us up.

Come off it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
When exactly have we been worse, definitely not any of cataclysm?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
04/18/2013 12:14 AMPosted by Zoaxlis
Retribution Paladins are hands down in our WORST STATE that we have been in for the past couple years.

We're worse-off than we were two months ago, before the 5.2 buffs?

???
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
When exactly have we been worse, definitely not any of cataclysm?

Did you play Tier 11??
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yep :)
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Yep :)

Then you're delusional if you think we're worse off now then we were then.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok, I'm gonna say this as nice as possible, talk to ANY top guild member and they will say what im saying right now, I promise you. Im not talking about LFR or the Normal scene, right now where Damage and Utility REALLY matter in the hardcore progression there is NO reason to bring a ret. Im sorry but this is true and its not worth arguing. Go talk to Midwinter, Blood legion, Pie chart, Promethean, Method, Whatever Were Awesome.

They will all say the same thing, Ret is garbage this tier. Not trying to be rude but gotta face it. Ive come across this directly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I agree,just wish i would have known this when mist dropped.Would have concentrated on my warrior or DK and left the ret on the shelf.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I honestly don't remember much of t11, maybe I blocked it out for a reason XD
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Ok, I'm gonna say this as nice as possible

Oh please don't pull punches on my account, please don't.

You're essentially trying to say I can't comment because I'm not a high enough caliber of raider to "understand" anything about the class.

Yeah, I've heard that bull before, you're not spouting anything new bud.

Like most other people in the Paladin forums you are full of hyperbole and half truths. Your statement about us being in the worst spot we've ever been in for instances is laughable.

In Tier 11 Normal Mode guilds didn't want a Ret, I almost sat myself because of how terrible we were even if my guild would never do it.

I don't really care what the best of the best are doing, the very bleeding edge world first people.

And you know what? Most other people shouldn't either because the vast majority of people aren't playing and never will play at that level.

Far too much damage is done to any spec holding it up to logs from the best of the best like it's the Light incarnate.

You know who made this thread lamenting their Ret? Someone who will be an average player. You know how Ret stacks up for hte average player in the average raid group?

Very well, and it's getting better all the time.

If you're so worried about what's happening at the bleeding edge, well first you should probably get there, and second do roll something else instead of telling your average player that this spec is garbage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Holy Pallies are one of the best healers this tier am I wrong?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I get it, if everything goes always perfectly, Ret's utility is just about pointless. But if everything always goes perfectly, I'd imagine that progression would be pointless because all the hardcore guilds would be 16/16H without any effort, right?

I'm still trying to process how anyone can say that Smoke Bomb > Ret.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]