Ret paladins?

90 Draenei Paladin
In that vein in a 10 Man environment, where you have less variety to work with, I find my utility essential.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
In that vein in a 10 Man environment, where you have less variety to work with, I find my utility essential.

Enough to almost develop a God Complex.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Enough to almost develop a God Complex.

I hold your life in my hands raid group, all in my hands.

http://youtu.be/OfFbxIHBdjo?t=15s
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Definitely not in a bad spot, but not really in a good spot for 5.2 HARDCORE progression.

If you have played on the PTR, the buff to SoL in 5.3 is more than enough to make us a viable decision, even for hardcore progression guilds.

For the average guild progressing through heroics or normals ( not bleeding-edge prog ), we are perfectly fine

I'd argue we are good based on the utility we can provide alone, and our damage isn't as mediocre as others are making it out to be. We are middle of the pack, a little better, a little worse on most fights. It is fight design in most cases why Ret does poorly, or looks like it is performing poorly.

The buff to SoL in 5.3 SHOULD push us above middle of the pack on pretty much every single fight. It's about an 8-11% dps increase iirc, so damage shouldn't even be a factor when the patch rolls out.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Retribution Paladin has to be the worst spec in the game. Every single DPS class I have encountered does more damage. Casters completely *@%@%!#! us. Forget about trying to lock down a healer. Healers are OP anyways. Warriors do much better than us. Death Knights own us. Our "utility" is a joke. I can get three heals off before I am OOM. That's it. I use to PvP quite a bit until I gave up because of my regret of rolling a Paladin. I have never seen a Paladin top DPS charts in any BG I have ever been in. I am not exaggerating. Ret Paladin has to be at the very bottom of the ladder. I can't think of any class/spec worse than PLD/RET. It has gotten to the point where I feel like I'm the gimp of the BG just there to look funny and get punched repeatedly. It is sad compared to how deadly RET was at one point in time. There is no reason to roll a RET if you are a competitive PvP player. There is no reason to roll a RET if you are a competitive raider. The only reason to roll a RET is for RPing. That's it. I'm not the best player around but I'm not a scrub either. This spec blows and I regret choosing it everyday I play WoW.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Retribution Paladin has to be the worst spec in the game. Every single DPS class I have encountered does more damage. Casters completely *@%@%!#! us. Forget about trying to lock down a healer. Healers are OP anyways. Warriors do much better than us. Death Knights own us. Our "utility" is a joke. I can get three heals off before I am OOM. That's it. I use to PvP quite a bit until I gave up because of my regret of rolling a Paladin. I have never seen a Paladin top DPS charts in any BG I have ever been in. I am not exaggerating. Ret Paladin has to be at the very bottom of the ladder. I can't think of any class/spec worse than PLD/RET. It has gotten to the point where I feel like I'm the gimp of the BG just there to look funny and get punched repeatedly. It is sad compared to how deadly RET was at one point in time. There is no reason to roll a RET if you are a competitive PvP player. There is no reason to roll a RET if you are a competitive raider. The only reason to roll a RET is for RPing. That's it. I'm not the best player around but I'm not a scrub either. This spec blows and I regret choosing it everyday I play WoW.

Dude, just get a better gear before talking.
I've seen plenty of Ret doing 10kk+ im BGs, paired with hunters and locks. And doing some nice offheals too.
IMO, ur just bad.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Speaking from a PVE perspective Ret is doing fine. I by no means consider myself elite but I lead my raid in DPS (random casual guild) on most fights and in LFR I'm usually either top damage or in the top 3. Overall I would say this has been the best X-pac for Ret so far. *I went Ret late WotLK*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
4/18/2013

Is a 3-month old thread considered a necro?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
4/18/2013

Is a 3-month old thread considered a necro?

In this case, since there have been changes since the thread began; yes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Lel baddie.

Edit: People still use blue pvp gems? I thought everyone went to strenth for pvp.
Edited by Maebyfunke on 8/10/2013 11:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I know PvE you are supposed to stack haste? For PvP I always come out top kills/dps. forge for haste, and gem for socket bonus'. Haste/str gems are your best friend. Also, your offheals are amazing as ret, stack up a proc on flash with a holy prism and you are golden. Try not to bubble, unless you pop and then get rid of the bubble as a trinket. I am against the use of bubble, I think it's just your targets sign that you are out of ways to stay alive. Learn to play without it, and you are unstoppable.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

You've done 4 fights this entire expansion, and claim that Ret is the worst spec in the game? Please go away.
Edited by Vaelryn on 8/10/2013 6:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
3 Tauren Shaman
I would like to see a holy power ability for RETS, an off focus word of glory that does massive AOE ONLY damage after a short 5 second channel and gives a % chance to crit players who have been hit

maybe like a 8 yard radius or something
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
08/11/2013 05:08 AMPosted by Cryonics
5 second channel

No. Breaks our swing timer, and sounds stupid to boot.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]