Totem Line of Sight

Hi, just back to WoW after a 4 year absence and trying to relearn everything. Does anyone know if healing totems heal outside of line of sight? I'm thinking of the towers in AV, where everyone is running out onto the balcony, and running up and down the stairs, and spells with relatively long casting times like Chain Heal aren't very effective. Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Hi, just back to WoW after a 4 year absence and trying to relearn everything. Does anyone know if healing totems heal outside of line of sight? I'm thinking of the towers in AV, where everyone is running out onto the balcony, and running up and down the stairs, and spells with relatively long casting times like Chain Heal aren't very effective. Thanks.

Totems heal anything in their range, whether or not the player is in LOS.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Healing Rain and Healing Stream have no LoS and will go around corners, and through Smoke Bombs. Additionally, although you cannot make the first target of Chain Heal around a corner, you can hit the first target in LoS and then have the second bounce around to a target out of your LoS but within sight of your healing target.

Many times have I used this to stand around the corner from a nasty AoE and healed the tank via a convienent melee at the apex of our little triangle. Been using that trick since at least BWL.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]