Enhacne has no save =[ (PVP)

90 Human Death Knight
seriously... just about every class has a save and reset in this game. Shammies don't and are just about always the kill target. This is especially bad as enhance where the shammy is a melee and always the kill target because if they get stunned they have no save. Sham rage is nice to remove magic and 30% DR but that just slows down the death.

Shaman are suppose to be the counter class to Paladins yet they can bubble twice while shammies can just use reincarnate to die twice.... thats about it. Why not buff their absorb totem to actually save the shammy?

I understand that there is a slight buff on 2 of their abilities but the damage is fine, and not in need of a buff. They just need to be able to be viable in arena and RBGs. Unfortunately no one wants a enhance shammy on their team, because they would rather have something like a BM or DK who can do the same just just more effective because they can use save abilities.

Can anyone tell me why shammies do not have a save? Please tell me why. Can I get a Blue to post to inform why why Blizzard doesn't want to make one of their class specs viable?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
wat

Can I get a Blue to post to inform why why Blizzard doesn't want to make one of their class specs viable?

Considering they don't look at class forums, and they're particularly opposed to posting when called upon I'm going to go with a big, resounding 'NO' on that one.
Edited by Gijira on 4/16/2013 6:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
97 Draenei Shaman
You are right, we need a save ASAP. Once we are stunned or silenced we are dead.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Stack constitution for an ability modifier bonus to fort saves.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Stack constitution for an ability modifier bonus to fort saves.

That made me laugh a lot harder than it should have!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Sustained damage or burst damage outside of Ascendence is not fine. It is weaker than every other class with the exceptions of rogues. But rogues have loads of cc and peeling mechanics that enhance do not to make up for it. Their burst also comes back every minute, where as enhance has to wait 3 minutes.

Shaman survivability has always been an issue. "KILL THE BLUE" is one of the most notorious sayings in any high rated arena. What is equally as interesting is that enhance have extremely poor peels for their buddies. They can get their buddies out of fears and they can wind shear or ground certain cc abilities, but they have probably the worst capabilities at getting the enemies off their buddies. They can slow them, that's about it. Maybe they can root if they forgo freedom totem. But every other class in the game has abilities such as reliable stuns or disarms or spammable cc's or low cd roots that they can use to assist allies under fire.

If enhance survivability improves to the point where they have immunities, they might be even less viable in some sense because they will not be the target of choice anymore and still be unable to help their allies. Truth be told (and please keep this a secret from your non-enhance playing friends) most games I lose in arena, I lose because they kill my buddies, not me.
Edited by Ellesmere on 4/16/2013 9:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Dwarf Warrior
W/ all the derpy amts of silence in this game, maybe its time for enh to have aura mastery type spell?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

If enhance survivability improves to the point where they have immunities, they might be even less viable in some sense because they will not be the target of choice anymore and still be unable to help their allies. Truth be told (and please keep this a secret from your non-enhance playing friends) most games I lose in arena, I lose because they kill my buddies, not me.

Truth.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
do like i do and set up a macro like

#showtooltip
/cast rockbiter weapon
/equip Malevolent Gladiator's Redoubt
/cast Shamanistic rage

then unleash right after you pop this

and maybe pop
#showtooltip

/cast Stone Bulwark Totem
/cast Ancestral guidance
/cast Gift of the naaru
/cast elemental mastery

to get instant full HP

i also like to use the 20% damage reduction spell from your rock totem while using the talent Primal elemental. There is a little bit of survivability with a shammy you just have to figure it out
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
My biggest issue is if I'm silenced I'm toast. No defensive cooldowns since totems, Sham rage, healing, ghost wolf, spirit wolves, etc are all no go. Needless to say the only battleground I've done for this expansion were the few i needed to get the 2 wins for the Legendary questline.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
My biggest issue playing enhance is that even backpeddeling scrubs with half my gear can still kill me, simply because our dmg outside of ascendance is total garbage.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
My biggest issue playing enhance is that even backpeddeling scrubs with half my gear can still kill me, simply because our dmg outside of ascendance is total garbage.

The thread was about not having a real save vs anyclass but i keep thinking about this statement and how bad it feels knowing its accurate.
Reply Quote
Blizzard has always and will always HATE the Shaman, there is no mistake about it. When we finally get some love it will be the end of days for WOW and on to a new game that they'll make millions off each month.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Blizzard has always and will always HATE the Shaman, there is no mistake about it. When we finally get some love it will be the end of days for WOW and on to a new game that they'll make millions off each month.

Truth
Reply Quote
88 Dwarf Warrior

I can think of a few occassions where this happened to me, but not many. Assuming im not being cc spammed, the biggest mistake a team could make if to leave me w/ high uptime on a target. Ill tear some1s face off while im spamming heals on thier target. A 5stck HS heals for ,on average, 60k and crits upwards of 90k even w/ MS effect.

Its not ret pally off heals, but not terrible either.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Solution...

Give enhancement the old Astral Shift ability that elemental shamans had in Wrath of The Lich King. It reducded damage by 30% while stunned silenced and or feared. Was awesome and for enhance it would be a fix indeed.

Esp, if it was renamed,reworked to give us a small duration to the effect after it triggers so say were stunned for 5 seconds we retain this buff for 5 seconds after the stun ends :D
Edited by Whuchaka on 4/20/2013 9:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
uhh
They hold grudges from pre tbc.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]