Why does the Alliance get to kill Garrosh?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
This expansion is all about Horde vs. Alliance with separate quest hubs and main cities. Yet the Alliance gets to kill our Warchief. It's so unfair. Where's our raid, where we get to invade Stormwind and kill Varian. So I guess the Alliance wins in this expansion. Nice Alliance Bias, Blizzard.

Hey, people that shout about Horde Bias. This is how ridiculous you sound. Stop it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Deal with it.
Reply Quote
99 Troll Hunter
The Alliance has always been winning the war. In Cataclysm they were, it wasn't until Theramore that it was equal.

It was not well represented in game, and it should have been, but they were winning nonetheless.

That said, I want to kill Garrosh, so I don't really care if the Alliance helps soften him up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
While I see your reasoning, it doesn't really need its own thread.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
We don't actually know much about the orgrimmar raid at the moment, do we? I mean, for all we know, there could be a random alliance operation that is pushing things too far, and both sides will be forced to put it down as part of an encounter.

Provoking the rabid alliance posters on this forum isn't going to help things any though.
Reply Quote
11 Troll Hunter
Considering how poorly the alliance has been treated by the dev team in terms of lore and character development, getting to kill Garrosh is a small bone to throw indeed. Ive played horde since I started in BC and even I can see that. Let them have thier fun, our storyline about it will be better anyway.
Reply Quote
99 Troll Hunter
Also - Odds are, Vol'jin is going to kill Garrosh.

Rightfully so. The Alliance got Illidan, Arthas, Deathwing, and Lei Shen.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

That said, I want to kill Garrosh, so I don't really care if the Alliance helps soften him up.

Actually, I hope Garrosh just gets disposed and becomes the new Warchief of the Black Rocks so I can kill him again in a new heroic version of Upper Black Rock Spire.
Edited by Jordell on 4/17/2013 6:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This expansion is all about Horde vs. Alliance with separate quest hubs and main cities. Yet the Alliance gets to kill our Warchief. It's so unfair. Where's our raid, where we get to invade Stormwind and kill Varian. So I guess the Alliance wins in this expansion. Nice Alliance Bias, Blizzard.

Hey, people that shout about Horde Bias. This is how ridiculous you sound. Stop it.

Erm...

You realize the Horde is also going to be deposing Garrosh yeah? By the time the Siege of Orgrimmar comes around, both factions will want Garrosh gone.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Actually, I hope Garrosh just gets disposed and comes the new Warchief of the Black Rocks so I can kill him again in a new heroic version on Upper Black Rock Spire.

I don't think you understand the lore you're questioning.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Doesn't the Horde start working against him as well. Just because he is our warchief doesn't mean we like him. I mean I didn't vote for him. Thrall is why I joined the horde on day one as a shaman.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Because he is:

1) A pumpkin headed doofus
2) Doesn't have a proper warrior beard
3) Obviously doesn't know how to gear as a warrior...leather and antlers are shaman gear.
4) He tukrjerbs by blowing up some druids
5) He's a big fat meanie stupid face poopy head
6) He's not a Gnome and all things that aren't a Gnome must die.
7) He used a bad word with Sylvannas. My mom was watching and he got me RL banned from WoW. I'm too young to hear curse words.
Edited by Huggywuggles on 4/17/2013 6:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

I don't think you understand the lore you're questioning.

What lore do you think I'm questioning?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Had to delete my post because admittedly I didn't read the last line of the OP. So I didn't realise that I was ranting about the same thing. Sorry! :P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
If you honestly believe that the Alliance is going to march into Orgrimmar and vaporize Garrosh then you haven't been paying attention. The well established pattern of Blizzard development will no doubt result in the Alliance *assisting* the Horde in removing their own leader.

There will be no march, no invasion, and no occupation. As always, Alliance will play second fiddle to the Horde by lending Vol'Jin a hand in taking over after which we will promptly see ourselves out of Orgrimmar so that they may resume their !@#-kicking ways.
Reply Quote
99 Troll Hunter
There will be a march, there will be an invasion, but there will be no occupation, and for good reason.

If the Alliance tries to subjugate the Horde, then they'll have proven Garrosh right.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Also - Odds are, Vol'jin is going to kill Garrosh.

Rightfully so. The Alliance got Illidan, Arthas, Deathwing, and Lei Shen.

I've never done BT or ToT, so I have no way to know if what you say is true of Illidan and Lei Shen. Arthas I will kind of give you, because Tirion Fordring is human, but technically he was representing the Ashen Verdict, which is not part of the Alliance. Deathwing I don't think you have right at all... it was Thrall who shot him down with the Dragon Soul, and then we adventurers (Horde and Alliance alike) dealt the final blow.
Reply Quote
99 Troll Hunter
I've never done BT or ToT, so I have no way to know if what you say is true of Illidan and Lei Shen. Arthas I will kind of give you, because Tirion Fordring is human, but technically he was representing the Ashen Verdict, which is not part of the Alliance. Deathwing I don't think you have right at all... it was Thrall who shot him down with the Dragon Soul, and then we adventurers (Horde and Alliance alike) dealt the final blow.

The books about the Council of the Black Harvest state that Alliance heroes were present at the deaths of Illidan and Deathwing.

Evidence in Sylvanas' short story indicates that the Alliance version of ICC was canon.

Alliance players get a quest to drain Lei Shen's body for Jaina, while Horde quests have you drain the Dark Animus.
Reply Quote
The alliance helping end Garrosh doesn't make sense. If Garrosh turned on the horde, it would become an asset to the alliance. If anything the alliance would perhaps ally with garrosh and defeat the horde, then turn on Garrosh. That's the logical way it should happen. Or just let the horde and Garrosh fight eachother and weaken themselves, then take over the horde.

Alliance would have no reason to help kill Garrosh if he turned against the horde.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]