Why does the Alliance get to kill Garrosh?

85 Night Elf Druid

Rightfully so. The Alliance got Illidan, Arthas, Deathwing, and Lei Shen.

Pretty sure Deathwing was "killed" by Thrall. And Arthas was "killed" by Tirion who is neutral.
Reply Quote
12 Blood Elf Priest
[quote]
Wrathion does eat his heart, still. Not alliance. :P

Wrathionn does what??? D:

Seriously, there's no way that anybody but Vol'jin or Thrall will get to deliver the killing blow to Garrosh.

Or it could be King Butthurt delivering the final blow.
Reply Quote
97 Gnome Mage
04/17/2013 07:14 AMPosted by Pyronaptor
I've never done BT or ToT, so I have no way to know if what you say is true of Illidan and Lei Shen. Arthas I will kind of give you, because Tirion Fordring is human, but technically he was representing the Ashen Verdict, which is not part of the Alliance. Deathwing I don't think you have right at all... it was Thrall who shot him down with the Dragon Soul, and then we adventurers (Horde and Alliance alike) dealt the final blow.

The books about the Council of the Black Harvest state that Alliance heroes were present at the deaths of Illidan and Deathwing.

Evidence in Sylvanas' short story indicates that the Alliance version of ICC was canon.

Alliance players get a quest to drain Lei Shen's body for Jaina, while Horde quests have you drain the Dark Animus.

Nobody reads the stupid kiddie books other than the addicted. If the lore is not evident to the majority of the players from things that happen in the game itself, then it did not happen!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight

Pretty sure Deathwing was "killed" by Thrall. And Arthas was "killed" by Tirion who is neutral.

Thrall was neutral too then.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

The kill-stealers were Thrall and Tirion, but the "nameless" heroes who hapened to be there were Alliance.

We could compromise. Varian can beat Garrosh in a 1v1 fight, then deny him a death, since that would be an Orc's second best option after victory. Then, in a state of complete shame, a poison arrow goes through Garrosh's neck, with Vol'jin's image emerging from the shadows being the last thing he sees before everything goes black.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Nobody reads the stupid kiddie books other than the addicted. If the lore is not evident to the majority of the players from things that happen in the game itself, then it did not happen!

The Black Harvest "book" is located in-game. Take a stroll over to the Slaughtered Lamb.
Reply Quote
12 Blood Elf Priest

The kill-stealers were Thrall and Tirion, but the "nameless" heroes who hapened to be there were Alliance.

That's not exactly fair isn't it since it was a horde guild that had the world first kill.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Hey, people that shout about Horde Bias. This is how ridiculous you sound. Stop it.

You are foolish. That's what the trolls sound like. Now you're one of them.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight

That's not exactly fair isn't it since it was a horde guild that had the world first kill.

Lore you twit.
Reply Quote
12 Blood Elf Priest

Lore you twit.

I... don't like you. You smell bad.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

We could compromise. Varian can beat Garrosh in a 1v1 fight, then deny him a death, since that would be an Orc's second best option after victory. Then, in a state of complete shame, a poison arrow goes through Garrosh's neck, with Vol'jin's image emerging from the shadows being the last thing he sees before everything goes black.

Even though, I want to see Garrosh live to become the new Blackrock Warchief in a new heroic version of Upper Black Rock Spire. I really like this idea.

04/17/2013 11:23 AMPosted by Zunbar
Hey, people that shout about Horde Bias. This is how ridiculous you sound. Stop it.

You are foolish. That's what the trolls sound like. Now you're one of them.

You call me a troll like it's a bad thing. ;P
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Had to delete my post because admittedly I didn't read the last line of the OP. So I didn't realise that I was ranting about the same thing. Sorry! :P

I almost jumped in too soon as well. I was going to call the OP out for posting that on a level 90 Blood Elf. I am glad I read the last line.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight

Lore you twit.

I... don't like you. You smell bad.

That sorta happens when you are a corpse running rampant with diseases and a corpse for a pet.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Alliance and horde should unite, permanently.

That's the idea behind the siege of Orgrimmar.

The Alliance is acting super nice to the Horde because Varian wants to put a stop to hostilities. So we're going to be rescuing Horde civilians while we raid the city, a mercy that was never given to Alliance.

That's why we're acting super nice to the Horde. We're not there to conquer them, we're there to liberate them.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
It better be Vol'jin for the killing blow.

Garrosh's image appears.

Vision of Garrosh Hellscream says: Don't talk back to me, troll. You know who was left in charge here. Haven't you stopped to ask yourself why Thrall chose me instead of you?

Vol'jin's image appears.

Vision of Vol'jin says: Dere be no question why, Garrosh. He gave ya tha title because ya be Grom's Son and because tha people be wantin' a war hero.

Vision of Vol'jin says: I tink ya be more like ya father den he thought, even without da demon blood.

Vision of Garrosh Hellscream says: You are lucky that I don't gut you right here, whelp. You are foolish to think you can speak to your Warchief in such ways.

Vision of Vol'jin says: Ya be no Warchief of mine. Ya not earned my respect. And I'll not be seein' tha Horde destroyed by ya foolish thirst for war.

Vision of Garrosh Hellscream says: And what exactly do you think that you're going to do about it? Your threats are hollow. Go slink away with the rest of your kind in the slums. I will endure your filth in my throne room no longer.

Vision of Vol'jin says: I know exactly what I'll be doin' about it, son of Hellscream. I'll watch and wait as ya people slowly become aware of ya ineptitude. I'll laugh as dey grow ta despise ya as I do.

Vision of Vol'jin says: And when tha time comes dat ya failure is complete and ya "power" is meaningless, I will be dere to end ya rule swiftly and silently.

Vision of Vol'jin says: Ya will spend ya reign glancin' over ya shoulda and fearin' tha shadows, for when tha time comes and ya blood be slowly drainin' out, ya will know exactly who fired da arrow dat pierced ya black heart.

Vision of Garrosh Hellscream says: You have sealed your fate, troll.

Vision of Garrosh Hellscream spits at Vol'jin's feet.

Vision of Vol'jin says: And you yours, "Warchief".
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Human Mage
If the Horde kill him, it smacks of a coup, and the leader who replaces him will never be seen as legitimate. The Horde would likely tear itself apart in the following years.

If the Alliance does the dirty work, the Horde can choose a new leader who is acceptable to its various factions.
Reply Quote
12 Blood Elf Priest
If the Horde kill him, it smacks of a coup, and the leader who replaces him will never be seen as legitimate. The Horde would likely tear itself apart in the following years.

If the Alliance does the dirty work, the Horde can choose a new leader who is acceptable to its various factions.

It's not a coup, it's a revolution! The new leader could be like Lenin, popular and legitimate.
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight
It better be Vol'jin for the killing blow.

Why, because he said that?

Saurfang's beat him to the threat. Back in WotLK he told Garrosh he'd stop him if he took the Horde down the route it once walked.

So I'd say ol' Saurfang's got priority on it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
HAH! Big deal. Well I got news for ya. Back in the day, I killed Thrall himself in the middle of Orgrimmar.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
04/17/2013 11:43 AMPosted by Lhivera
it smacks of a coup
Why ever would the Horde consider a coup illegitimate?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]