Why does the Alliance get to kill Garrosh?

90 Orc Warlock
Why, because he said that?

Saurfang's beat him to the threat. Back in WotLK he told Garrosh he'd stop him if he took the Horde down the route it once walked.

So I'd say ol' Saurfang's got priority on it.

The threat was made at the beginning of the Northrend campaign, before he lost his son and became a broken old man. Plus, with the amount of attention being given to Vol'jin, it makes more sense. Still, Saurfang should be involved in the events leading up to and surrounding the siege.
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight

Saurfang's beat him to the threat. Back in WotLK he told Garrosh he'd stop him if he took the Horde down the route it once walked.

The threat was made at the beginning of the Northrend campaign, before he lost his son and became a broken old man. Plus, with the amount of attention being given to Vol'jin, it makes more sense. Still, Saurfang should be involved in the events leading up to and surrounding the siege.

Granted, Saurfang is pretty broken, but even a broken person can do something. He may see taking out Garrosh as the final part of his legacy, seeing as his son is now gone and he has nothing left.

I do think Vol'jin will be involved, but I don't think he'll get the final blow, but we'll see.

Personally, I think Blizzard should do like what they did with Saurfang, Jr. (and, by extension, the airship battle) in ICC, and have two different outcomes depending on the side playing.

Though that would play hell with the canon until we find out who actually did it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Maybe Saurfang can return from Northrend and become the Orc Racial leader. Him or Eitrigg.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
Saurfang will probably be killed by Garrosh.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Garrosh ain't MY Warchief. I don't give a dang who kills him, as long as he's dead. That Way Lor'themar can take his rightful place as Warchief
Reply Quote
There will be no march, no invasion, and no occupation. As always, Alliance will play second fiddle to the Horde by lending Vol'Jin a hand in taking over after which we will promptly see ourselves out of Orgrimmar so that they may resume their !@#-kicking ways.

The Alliance battlecry for that raid will be: "Yah, we are helping!"

Though that would play hell with the canon until we find out who actually did it

If past is any indication, Alliance will win it, but only in a book or comic. If its mentioned in game, it will be by someone in passing but only on the Alliance side.
Edited by Winnowont on 4/17/2013 12:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
04/17/2013 11:56 AMPosted by Manion
it smacks of a coup
Why ever would the Horde consider a coup illegitimate?

This.

The Horde has changed hands through combat a few times.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Are you serious? There's an ALLIANCE bias?

I've always felt that there was a very strong Horde bias, just because of how much stronger Horde lore seems to be, that they seem to have been aggressively attacking (and destroying) our cities while receiving very few counterattacks of their own, and that the last expansion was painfully Thrallcentric. We've hardly received any attention, really. It's usually us playing second fiddle. And, well...I'm a draenei, so that feeling is double because I haven't seen anyone important representing my species (besides Mishka maybe) since BC, while blood elves run rampant.

Give me a break.
Edited by Freiya on 4/17/2013 12:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Alliance bias? Seriously?

Yea, sure. We got to help the Horde by getting rid of the terrible leader they got because Thrall doesn't seem able to think very well and it's bias?

Alliance should be letting the Horde fracture then get rid of whatever threat to the Alliance that might remain later. Civilians or any groups that aren't really a problem are not included.

But that would make too much sense, so we get to help your Horde not blow up because of a warmonger.

Totally Alliance bias.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
04/17/2013 12:33 PMPosted by Osiria
We got to help the Horde

There. There is the root of this problem, you guys aren't doing this to help the Horde, you're doing it so Garrosh and the sha and the Kor'Kron doesn't roflstomp everything.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Tears of Horde Bias spouters...So Delicious
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Can't we both kill Garrosh together while holding hands and afterward we can hug a manly hug?

I kinda love the Iraq war thing Blizzard is doing here where Garrosh = Saddam with a WMD for real. The battle cry is remember Theremore! Rather than remember 9/11

I would be so happy if Varian said 'We come as LIBERATORS!' while riding in a flight jacket while on a airship.

Varian: Excuse me, Rumsfeld the Translator Gnome please tell them. Our mission is accomplished.

Alliance then occupy Orgrimmar and Orcs will be all rebelling against the occupation. In next expac Thrall will lead his people and you'll have to free the Orcs from Alliance rule.

Sweet!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Because the horde wants us to kill Garrosh. If there wasn't a horde rebellion we wouldn't be killing him.
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
This expansion is all about Horde vs. Alliance with separate quest hubs and main cities. Yet the Alliance gets to kill our Warchief. It's so unfair. Where's our raid, where we get to invade Stormwind and kill Varian. So I guess the Alliance wins in this expansion. Nice Alliance Bias, Blizzard.

Hey, people that shout about Horde Bias. This is how ridiculous you sound. Stop it.

Oh hey remember when you got to raid stormwind with lighting strikes to kill Lady prestor? Same deal with garrosh now.
Reply Quote
50 Blood Elf Monk
Alliance would have no reason to help kill Garrosh if he turned against the horde.

He was behind the attack on Theramore. Don't you think that sparked the Alliance's interest just a little? Not to mention stealing the Divine Bell from Darnassus. The Alliance has plenty of reasons for going after him.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
This expansion is all about Horde vs. Alliance with separate quest hubs and main cities. Yet the Alliance gets to kill our Warchief. It's so unfair. Where's our raid, where we get to invade Stormwind and kill Varian. So I guess the Alliance wins in this expansion. Nice Alliance Bias, Blizzard.

Hey, people that shout about Horde Bias. This is how ridiculous you sound. Stop it.

Oh hey remember when you got to raid stormwind with lighting strikes to kill Lady prestor? Same deal with garrosh now.

SO does that mean the Alliance is going to stop complaining now?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I believe Illidan and Deathwing had heroes from both factions present for his death.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

No sadly, the Alliance never stop complaining. But it's ok cause their tears are delicious.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

No sadly, the Alliance never stop complaining. But it's ok cause their tears are delicious.

Continually missing the point, thx though for looking a fool
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]