Yay Nerfs

90 Blood Elf Rogue
You forgot to add the part where it no longer increases damage after 10 yards, so it is a huge nerf altogether. I see no point to use ST in RBGs or Arenas anymore if this goes through.

Except the damage is being doubled so that's the tradeoff.

The reduction in damage only comes from not being able to spam it now, which shouldn't have been possible to begin with.

I think what they can do now is let it proc non-lethal poisons again, as it's meant to fill in when we're not in range then it should at least help us get back in to range with the snare.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
They can't let it proc non lethals with the autoattack. They broke ST when they put the auto attack on it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Except the damage is being doubled so that's the tradeoff. The reduction in damage only comes from not being able to spam it now, which shouldn't have been possible to begin with.

The damage was already double for anyone using ST over 10 yards in range. Which was every rogue unless they had downs.

So in 5.3 you will be paying double energy (40) for the same max dmg. In essence energy limitations will cut your dmg and combat point generation in half.

It's useless. I'd rather they just nerf it even further but put it baseline. It certainly isnt worth a spot with our lvl 90 talents.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Honestly at this reduced level of effectiveness ST should just be baseline and just remove it from a talent choice. It certainly isn't worth it for a lvl 90 talent.

Nerf it further if you wish. Just remove it and give whatever pos is left as a baseline ability.

+1.

Return deadly throw as baseline. ST is stoopid but I love it.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
those glyphs are being nerfed because you are dropping people before they can even see you personally i would just say nerf rogue burst in general but this is the nerf they decided..i still dont think they are done nerfing you guys yet

Why are you even in here? All you do is QQ in here. Your class had it's time, and now you all are balanced, now !@#$, this isn't 5.0 anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
those glyphs are being nerfed because you are dropping people before they can even see you personally i would just say nerf rogue burst in general but this is the nerf they decided..i still dont think they are done nerfing you guys yet

You play THE most braindead melee class in game. (more than Fdk due to passive weapon chain). If you have any trouble with rogues as a warrior, reroll, its pitiful.

My 87 warrior in quest/cata gear was hitting harder than my 90 rogue in full dreadful & 463 weapons when I came back to wow. I felt dirty playing it and its still 87. Mained war in vanilla/bc and part of cata (skipped wotlk entirely), my god....that class been dumbed down to near insulting levels.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
04/18/2013 09:41 AMPosted by Radioh

You play THE most braindead melee class in game. (more than Fdk due to passive weapon chain). If you have any trouble with rogues as a warrior, reroll, its pitiful.

My 87 warrior in quest/cata gear was hitting harder than my 90 rogue in full dreadful & 463 weapons when I came back to wow. I felt dirty playing it and its still 87. Mained war in vanilla/bc and part of cata (skipped wotlk entirely), my god....that class been dumbed down to near insulting levels.

I've never played a frost dk, but I did main a warrior through CATA and still played it until last season, it's an insanely boring and easy class compared to rogue. Charge is fun though.
Edited by Sneaknaround on 4/18/2013 11:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I still don't understand why anyone cares about ST. You should be taking MfD for arena and RBGs. ST is just for giggles playing against bads in random bgs with no gear.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I still don't understand why anyone cares about ST. You should be taking MfD for arena and RBGs. ST is just for giggles playing against bads in random bgs with no gear.

Basically this. Its okay vs multi ranged / snarebot classes, but a warrior complaining abt it is priceless.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
i relize i am a warlock and that you will all think imm qqing but the shrukin toss nerf was needed. i was full res gemmed still getting hit for up to 30k ( they reverted the double damage if target is so far away, was just put on mmo champion) the glyph nerfs seem a little much and i agree the glyphs nerf were a bit harsh but at the same time you the only class who can lock down any1 (execpt a mage) for a full 6-10 seconds and on top of that pop shadow dance and trink and say bye bye to a healer or a clothe like me.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
i wish they would take st out of the game altogether, and fix rogue mobility. rogue duels used to be about who could clutch vanish a blind or a cheap shot, now most rogues just run away and spam shuriken toss, which is sad. other than that it's just dumb how much dmg you can do from range as a melee class.

i would like a shadow step buff and a cloak and dagger nerf, but that's for another post.

i realize i have shuriken toss on this rogue but i don't usually.
Edited by Freebayce on 4/18/2013 11:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
i wish they would take st out of the game altogether, and fix rogue mobility. rogue duels used to be about who could clutch vanish a blind or a cheap shot, now most rogues just run away and spam shuriken toss, which is sad. other than that it's just dumb how much dmg you can do from range as a melee class.

i would like a shadow step buff and a cloak and dagger nerf, but that's for another post.

i realize i have shuriken toss on this rogue but i don't usually.

C&d is only worth a damn in 1 spec...but u want it nerfed? And those ST spam rogues have no clue how to play their class. They ignore MoS, FW buffs in favor of running around like a retard doing pissy dmg. I get those rogues down to 40% before they touch me on my rogue.

Its only annoying when they catch me with no cds and think they are good.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Rogue
C&d is only worth a damn in 1 spec...but u want it nerfed?
To be fair it's pretty crazy strong for that spec. If they could slightly nerf it for Sub and somehow buff it for Mut and Combat that'd be nice, idk how they'd do that but yeah.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I haven't used st/throw for a month or more now

Mfd/combat rdyness all the way.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
To be fair it's pretty crazy strong for that spec. If they could slightly nerf it for Sub and somehow buff it for Mut and Combat that'd be nice, idk how they'd do that but yeah.

I'd agree if it made u unpeelable during, but that's not the case.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Well the trade off would have been them making it less spammable but then making it so it's not getting nerfed, so let's say we would be able to do 5 shurikens for a total of 100k damage, they first changed it so it would be 2.5 shurikens for 100k damage. But now they are changing it to be 2.5 shurikens for 50k damage....
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
As for the use of ST, I used it when I couldn't get to the target, not just rooted, but any time where they are too far away for you to be using Hemo or Backstab. Im not using it while I'm behind them meleing them, but if someone's trying to kite me I'm going to start spamming it until I can reconnect to them
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
in multi target fights I used it all the time to help take down targets without being susceptible to insta gib'ed like many gi joe rogues. Overall my dmg output was higher. Spending too much time in the gy doesnt help my team win.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Yeah I cancelled my account. I just get the feeling like Blizz doesn't have any clear direction with where they are going with PVP and I'm tired of getting nickel and dime nerfed by the devs after they barely brought rogues back in 5.1. And I like their wording on the ST changes.
"Hey rogues! Guess what!? Shuriken Toss now deals 100% more damage on initial throw!!!!!! Oh but no more double damage past 10 yards and the energy cost is doubled. Have fun!"
This after they already took the non-lethal poison application off of ST in 5.2. Oh and lets throw some glyph nerfs in there too, just for good measure.
>.<
Edited by Blunttime on 4/18/2013 3:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

if it's op for one spec it doesn't matter if it's not op for others

04/18/2013 11:58 AMPosted by Videoh
And those ST spam rogues have no clue how to play their class.

ya that was my point
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]