How do you re-gain interest in WoW?

92 Draenei Paladin
I have 15 level 85+ toons of all classes, over 1 million in gold, GM of a 800 member level 25 guild, use a 46" LED, high end computer set-up, have played on a daily basis without interruption since Vanilla, and have totally lost interest in the game.

I think the biggest reason for this is that my main server is dead. No-one is raiding anymore, or doing RBG's. I have toons on more populated servers, including Illidan (the most populated horde server) but I haven't been able to connect with others on those servers. Maybe that is what is missing, the camaraderie.

I love this game, but I'm starting to drift away, and wish desperately to regain that passion for it. Has anyone else gone through this? What did you do to become more involved again?
Reply Quote
83 Night Elf Hunter
I have come up with an idea that's 9 1/2 pages long that I would love to submit to Blizzard as it would fix this problem in the most epic of ways.. Could you tell me where to find a "Suggestion" board?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Take a break.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I just stop playing for a few days to a week. I find that I start to desire to play again at some point and I log on and have fun again.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
04/18/2013 12:49 AMPosted by Bubbllicious
Has anyone else gone through this? What did you do to become more involved again?
This is my situation currently. I used to be able to play this game all day every day(Mostly weekends) and never get bored of it, not so much anymore. Taking a break isn't always an option either so we're just sorta stuck waiting for new patches.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
A few months ago I had this issue. I took a couple months off, played a lot of other games. WoW was still here when I came back. ^.^
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Take a break.

^^^
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Yea... take a break but leave me with some of that gold because I swear I never have enough. :p

edit: Oh and for me I role play, the only limiting factor is myself and finding others in the wee hours of the morning.
Edited by Tandralyne on 4/18/2013 1:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
04/18/2013 01:18 AMPosted by Duräcell
Take a break.

^^^

^

I took 2 1/2 years off. Now it feels like an entirely new game, since so much has changed since then.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Happened to me all through Cata, couldn't find fun in it, leveled my Druid to 85, quit, came back when Firelands came out, raided it with my guild, quit, came back at the end leveled aload of alts to 85, then quit, and I've only really just came back, been back like for 3 months.

I'll probably get bored again soon and go back to Guild Wars 2, but I know I'll definately come back to this.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
It sounds like you enjoy the social aspects of WoW, so just gquit and find a social guild that does the activities you enjoy. I'd personally recommend checking the forums of whatever sites you visit for your favorite niche of WoW and checking for people that seem like a good fit. If that's not an option for some reason, you can always use the in-game guild finder tool thing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I know "take a break" is probably gonna be repeated throughout this thread but honestly that's what I would do. I haven't been playing quite as long as you, OP, but I find my interest waxes and wanes, and so from time to time will latch onto something else for a few weeks and then make my way back.
Or if you want to rekindle your interest more quickly, you can always go try some of the truly horrible F2P games out there and help yourself realize that this is still the best MMO going. You can also do what I did several months back: go play Gw 2 for about two weeks, the PvP alone will send you running back here. ^^
Seriously though, find yourself a good ARPG or a backup MMO for a spell, it works wonders when you've been doing this for a while.
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Paladin
I've tried other games, and they all pale in comparison. Giving up on WoW really isn't an option either. Without a game to occupy my time, I would be watching T.V. all day. I've watched every decent television series consecutively from first to last. (e.g. 95% of the top 100 series, and every movie i can think of). All that's left is boring daytime T.V. crap.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Educate yourself.....?

I wish I had that kind of time.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I didn't mean any offense by that. I'm just saying, is there anything to do like-- pick up drawing/history/instrument/maths/programming/science

That you may not have thought of? Even a weekly art class or whatever makes for a nice change of pace when the mind junk food gets a bit stale.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Buy stock in Activision.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Yeah, take a break. I left WoW right before the Deathwing raid came online till about 2 weeks ago. I'm not playing as much as I used to but what I am doing I'm enjoying.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]