How do you re-gain interest in WoW?

90 Human Mage
i dabble back to my previous vices of tobacco, motorcycling and firearms.

but seriously, Real Life throws me plenty of curve balls to make playing WoW more of an escape than a chore
Reply Quote
93 Draenei Paladin
I didn't mean any offense by that. I'm just saying, is there anything to do like-- pick up drawing/history/instrument/maths/programming/science

That you may not have thought of? Even a weekly art class or whatever makes for a nice change of pace when the mind junk food gets a bit stale.

I have learned to play guitar. Although I don't need to work, I don't have the money to golf everyday either, or w/e.

How have you been playing since vanilla with 6k achiev points?

out of the three accounts i have, my first one banned back in BC, this is my second account that's been active since, late 2008? and i NEVER go out of my way for achievements, and am at 11310, like, do you just stand in main cities afk? and my third account has nearly 4000 simply from pvp/LFR
You must literally be going out of your way to not do anything. no wonder you're bored.

I am not interested in achievement points, but this is 1 of 4 accounts that I keep active. I have 2 children that play, they have separate accounts so they don't interfere with my raid schedule. and the other account i got started for a RAF thing to level and put some important toons on it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Well, the idea is out there. MIT courseware is all free, so if you have an interest in higher education in any respect, that's out there for you. And it's quality stuff. They have math, science, psychology (I think...), some literature stuff.

I don't know much about wow. If I'm bored I usually put it down.

Good luck though!
Reply Quote
93 Draenei Paladin
Well, the idea is out there. MIT courseware is all free, so if you have an interest in higher education in any respect, that's out there for you. And it's quality stuff. They have math, science, psychology (I think...), some literature stuff.

Good luck though!

people do math for fun?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

Good luck though!

people do math for fun?

Some people do. Some people teach themselves to program, or learn about neuroscience, or literature, or art. Weird people mostly. I figure learning to program is not only a useful thing to know, but fun.

I mean, for us weird people.

-_-;

Have you tried maybe playing challenge mode? Make a new toon, no deaths--carry only what is reasonable, can't drink in combat, turn the HUD off (or at least lifebar).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
A friend gives me a free time card.
Reply Quote
46 Human Paladin
Take a break.

i have had breaks ranging from 6 months to close to 2 years. it makes a big difference.
wow isnt going anywhere.

dont log in for a few days and you wont miss it at all.
Reply Quote
46 Human Paladin
A friend gives me a free time card.

i was reading this and couldnt really figure out what the hell your line was doing here.
then i solved the riddle and had a chuckle.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Rogue
Take a break.

This. I took a break at the end of Cata (skipped Molten Front), Played RIFT for awhile till MoP and then came back. Sometimes a break is needed. However after 3 months you will get replaced as GM of the guilds you are GM of. I lost one that way while a friend of mine who still wanted to play handed over the other guild I was GM over so I can be GM again.

Breaks are good. We had them in school, cannot wait for them at work and yes even for WoW....take a break. When you come back you will feel right as rain!
Edited by Sappypaw on 4/18/2013 6:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Hunter
I've tried other games, and they all pale in comparison. Giving up on WoW really isn't an option either. Without a game to occupy my time, I would be watching T.V. all day. I've watched every decent television series consecutively from first to last. (e.g. 95% of the top 100 series, and every movie i can think of). All that's left is boring daytime T.V. crap.

Wish I had that kind of time on my hands.
Seriously, go outside, hike, bike, take walks, enjoy the real world for a little while.
Reply Quote
57 Pandaren Monk
Honestly having been on a low pop server very recently that's probably a lot of what the issue is. The game is much, much more fun and epic when there are other people around and stuff going on. I'd try to either re-roll or transfer you'll find your game experience greatly improved imo.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
and have totally lost interest in the game.

Maybe you just need a break. I played all through launch to Cata non-stop!!! I think I only took a 1 month break back in BC.

Then I thought I was gonna quit WoW forever back in Cata when I stopped for about 3 or 4 months straight and missed the whole Firelands patch completely.

Then I came back a little before Dragonsoul was added and I haven't stopped playing since and I just can't see myself quitting again either because MoP is just the greatest WoW expansion I have ever played!

But a break felt good! Once I came back after almost 4 months of no WoW, I felt rejuvenated and ready to overcome another few years of non-stop WoW. :D
Reply Quote
93 Draenei Paladin
Honestly having been on a low pop server very recently that's probably a lot of what the issue is. The game is much, much more fun and epic when there are other people around and stuff going on. I'd try to either re-roll or transfer you'll find your game experience greatly improved imo.

I agree. Tough part about that is finding the right server and guild with a good bunch of guys that actually raid and RBG together and use vent/mumble/skype.
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
Go play swtor in free mode, then subscribe, then buy some cartel coins...you be back to wow in no time.
Edited by Crappytank on 4/18/2013 7:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It doesn't end.
Reply Quote
37 Draenei Priest
I either level my 85s to 90 and dabble in come end-game stuff, or just level more characters. Always something to do. Just set some goals, and go accomplish them. At the moment, I'm leveling 10 new toons over on Venture Co. and aim to get them all to high levels and level my personal guild to 25.

Cheers.
Reply Quote
93 Draenei Paladin
I either level my 85s to 90 and dabble in come end-game stuff, or just level more characters. Always something to do. Just set some goals, and go accomplish them. At the moment, I'm leveling 10 new toons over on Venture Co. and aim to get them all to high levels and level my personal guild to 25.

Cheers.

Thanks, solid advise.
Reply Quote
99 Human Paladin
I've had periods where I've thought of taking a break, especially since the beginning of Cata when my guild at the time went on hiatus and my husband quit.

My time card is up the first of May so I'm thinking of taking a break for the first time since I started playing in Dec 2005. Then all kinds of things started popping up - the netherdrake rep this guy has yet to finish, my engineer hasn't built a chopper, all the easy achievements still to do and then there's my fanfiction. Being able to go the place I'm writing about is important to my writing. The writing in of itself is important to me.

Oooookay ... I don't think I'll be taking that break after all. Maybe, maybe not. We'll see.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
the best part of the game is when you are leveling up
Buy some heirlooms and keep leveling!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
seems like you've done everything...congrats, you've beat the game
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]