Info about the Error 132 BREAKPOINT

(Locked)

90 Pandaren Priest
As a some type BREAKING news surfing on some chinese forums it seems they are too suffering this specific error!

Well it is now worldiwide known.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Ok, to clarify since people don't seem to understand how a big business works, I shall explain. Blizz can't have it's employees admitting errors when there isn't a verified answer. An employee can be represented as the entire company which would reflect badly in the relation of public interests. The same can be said for AMD. As customers of both, I think we can say that the error is caused by the patch that and was an unforeseen accident. Even if that is not the case, they are still working to resolve it. You aren't going to get blizzard to admit something. Take a moment and think about your options. Right now you can try these band-aid fixes to get some form of play time, or you can cancel your subscription until the problem is resolved. I personally intend to keep playing because i have dealt with worse problems in games.
Edited by Touketsu on 4/24/2013 12:36 AM PDT
90 Undead Rogue
yeah the opengl band-aid has since been perfectly working for me..so i dont intend to cancel my subs at all..i was on the verge, but thanks to the opengl suggestion from above, i can still play while only gettin 1 or 2 errors about 4-6 hours apart....so for me, thats playable..

and of course i dont blame blizz for not admitting that the patch was the main cause, but i know they are doin what they can..ive kinda calmed down since the start of the errors...lol

hopefully we get a fix soon..
20 Blood Elf Paladin
I can't find the config.wtf file anywhere. It is not in the WTF folder, is there something I am doing wrong?

In a more general sense seeing as this ERROR 132 is affecting a lot of people, is there a time frame blizzard that you are going to provide a solution? (i.e 6 hours, 2 days a week etc (don't just say asap please- this is so frustrating I can't even open the game))
Edited by Gankless on 4/24/2013 4:34 AM PDT
90 Undead Rogue
to me, it seems like i get this error during server peak times...in the past 3 hours ive had about 4 errors...not to bad, but ive noticed trade chat got real LOUD lol in between the errors...

just a lil fyi..idk if it helps or not..
90 Blood Elf Priest
In a more general sense seeing as this ERROR 132 is affecting a lot of people, is there a time frame blizzard that you are going to provide a solution? (i.e 6 hours, 2 days a week etc (don't just say asap please- this is so frustrating I can't even open the game))

The problem with the error #132 is that it is an unknown error. First the source has to be discovered before anything can be fixed. Giving an ETA without knowing the cause could be just a huge false hope and even more so a lie. If you can give them your error report and dxdiag that can help narrow them out big time. From the sounds of your error about not being able to open the game it may be different then the one we are having trouble with. Regardless I will try to help you with your question =)

For the config.wtf it should be located directly in the WTF folder. Do you open your game through your launcher or directly? If directly, try using the launcher and see if it has anything to download. If the file is truly missing it may be part of the problem.

to me, it seems like i get this error during server peak times...in the past 3 hours ive had about 4 errors...not to bad, but ive noticed trade chat got real LOUD lol in between the errors...

Oddly enough mine happens mostly in the middle of the night. Last night I managed to do Galleon, Sha, and Nalak with 35-40 players per without crashing. I even somehow managed to get through a single LFR. Then at night when it slowed down, crashed constantly.
20 Blood Elf Paladin
The error I'm getting is: ERROR#132 (0x85100084) fatal exception!

Thanks for your response Touketsu, I'll try what you asked. The game was working fine just two days. I think the config.wtf is missing which is really strange. I'd be happy to link the error report and dxdiag info. I'm sure they deal with "unknown" errors all time, they must however have a rough idea of how long it usually takes. It would be great if we could get a blue response? Let me know if my error is the same as yours?
Edited by Gankless on 4/24/2013 9:59 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Priest
Well I do not expect Blizz or AMD admit is their fault, I'm more concerned about a solution for this.

I can bear 2-3 errors in a day but playing without crashing is far better or am I a liar?

Gankless if you error says BREAKPOINT it is related to our error if it says ACCESS VIOLATION or something else then you need to open a ticket since no BREAKPOINT error are due other things than can hopefully solved faster.
90 Blood Elf Priest
The error I'm getting is: ERROR#132 (0x85100084) fatal exception!

This is the error listing that defines it was similar to ours:

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal exception!

Program: C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe
ProcessID: 644
Exception: 0x80000003 (BREAKPOINT) at 0023:005CFE9E

The (Breakpoint) is the main factor for our crashes. We crash while in-game. You mentioned you can't even log-in right? If your errors are similar, post your dxdiag and error message on here. Otherwise it might be beneficial for you to make a separate thread so they can find a solution for your problem. (So if it is different you don't have to wait for our fix when there may be one already for yours =D) You can get your error log from the

WoW folder>Errors, then copy and paste the most recent one. This video will tell you how to get your DxDiag. (can't for the life of me figure out how to embed it)

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/request-for-system-files-dxdiag-msinfo-and-error-reports

I can bear 2-3 errors in a day but playing without crashing is far better or am I a liar?

You are a liar! No, but seriously, no errors is wonderful. I would just be grateful to see some kind of update on this. Even a "We are looking into it" post. Just for an update.
90 Pandaren Priest
XD the only thing Blizz has said is that they are investigating the main cause of the error.

And yes I love lies! Anyway Been playing for 4 hours since my last crash... Not good but I can level my alts with moderate pace.
55 Blood Elf Warlock
I can't find the config.wtf file anywhere. It is not in the WTF folder, is there something I am doing wrong
doesn't your wtf have it as a file opening the wtf file it should have account and under that config you open that and it should set you up for it
55 Blood Elf Warlock
do a reset Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8
Right-click the icon you use to launch the game.
Click Open file location to open the World of Warcraft folder.
Delete the Cache, Interface, and WTF folders.
Completely exit the game.
Relaunch so the changes can take effect. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/resetting-the-world-of-warcraft-user-interface does not require you to have wow open
90 Night Elf Druid
i have already send out a ticket and this was one of the solutions that they gave but sorry to say it doesn't work one bit.

on an entirely diff note: they say patience is a virtue?..so what is said about frustration then. the game has crashed on me THREE TIMES in less than 20 MINUTES..not gonna be playing again till this is fixed period.
90 Pandaren Priest
Opengl is not a a type of miracle potion that will fix the error completely. It only ¨lessens¨ the error a bit, you may or not (since few people haven't) have crashes but the ¨fix¨ will improve somewhat your game time.

I understand the point of view I would too not play anymore but as I said previously I can bear some crashes if they are hour apart.
90 Blood Elf Priest
ive been getting this for a month, yes i tracked my error logs back to a month. i crash out every.... 20-30 minutes making lvling and dungeons impossible. Why am I paying if I can't play? Its stupid and a waste of my money.

I am definitely considering not renewing my account at this point.
90 Pandaren Priest
Sad... I hope this is fixed soon as the rage quitin' is getting higher.
20 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey Touketsu,

Just woke up, I have a feeling if they fix the breakpoint error it will also fix mine. Thanks for the link to get dxdiag info. Rozco i'll try what you said sounds like it will work. This whole thing is a pain in the but lol, again blizzard we would appreciate an eta? or at very least as people mentioned let us know you're aware of it. Anyway peace guys thanks for the replies later
Edited by Gankless on 4/24/2013 10:04 PM PDT
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
The problem with the error #132 is that it is an unknown error. First the source has to be discovered before anything can be fixed. Giving an ETA without knowing the cause could be just a huge false hope and even more so a lie. If you can give them your error report and dxdiag that can help narrow them out big time. From the sounds of your error about not being able to open the game it may be different then the one we are having trouble with. Regardless I will try to help you with your question =)

The other issue that most people don't realize about the #132 error is it not just one error but a whole range of errors. The cause can be anything from malware to bad video drivers to even a bad addon.

You can't just use a range of randomly picked kitchen sink fixes to fix them. You need to look at the info from the full error report THEN make a targeted diagnosis of what to try. Target any fix you try to the specific info posted in the error report.

And yes I love lies! Anyway Been playing for 4 hours since my last crash... Not good but I can level my alts with moderate pace.

Why would you believe they are lying ?

You can't just throw money and programmers at an issue expecting it to be instantly fixed. We don't have access to the code and don't know what the exact cause needing to be fix here is so we can't make assumptions.
https://twitter.com/bluspacecow
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
Opengl is not a a type of miracle potion that will fix the error completely. It only ¨lessens¨ the error a bit, you may or not (since few people haven't) have crashes but the ¨fix¨ will improve somewhat your game time.

No it's not.

It just sets your game to use a graphics engine that's only meant to be used for debugging purposes or running the game in Linux as Linux doesn't have an implementation of Direct X afaik.

For that reason I wonder if fixedFunction will work too :

http://www.wowpedia.org/CVar_fixedFunction

This one effectively doesn't use a lot of the shaders used in Wow and is like cutting your graphics card off at the knees.
https://twitter.com/bluspacecow
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]