Info about the Error 132 BREAKPOINT

(Locked)

MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
Just woke up, I have a feeling if they fix the breakpoint error it will also fix mine. Thanks for the link to get dxdiag info. Rozco i'll try what you said sounds like it will work. This whole thing is a pain in the but lol, again blizzard we would appreciate an eta? or at very least as people mentioned let us know you're aware of it. Anyway peace guys thanks for the replies later

Gankless,

You need to post a full error report to a new thread with the dxdiag.

There are many varied causes for getting a #132 error so we do need to see _exactly_ what you are getting in the report before coming up with something to try.
https://twitter.com/bluspacecow
55 Blood Elf Warlock
it just sets your game to use a graphics engine that's only meant to be used for debugging purposes or running the game in Linux as Linux doesn't have an implementation of Direct X afaik.
opengl might be just this but if it is the ONLY way i can play your game i will have it in this format
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
opengl might be just this but if it is the ONLY way i can play your game i will have it in this format

Have you tried adding FixedFunction instead ?

https://twitter.com/bluspacecow
55 Blood Elf Warlock
well considering untill about a week before it started to go haywire i was reaching a top of 30 fps hit a constant 50-60 fps then it started to freeze out i doubt the fixedfunction would help i'm still not back to the constant 50-60 fps but at least via opengl i'm no longer freezing and needing to constantly forcibly close my window
90 Undead Rogue
i understand exactly where rozco is coming from...if i can go at least 5 bgs and 3 LFR's and a couple heroics between each crash, that will keep me playing...granted i wish it wouldnt crash, but ill settle for what i can
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
Oh I understand it works for you guys.

I was just thinking that FixedFunction also neuters the graphics cards ability in same way.

Was thinking it may work better then the Open GL fix maybe.

Then again it may not - without a laptop with an effected graphics card on it and me being at work I have no way of testing that theory.
Edited by Bluspacecow on 4/25/2013 2:42 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
Opengl is not a a type of miracle potion that will fix the error completely. It only ¨lessens¨ the error a bit, you may or not (since few people haven't) have crashes but the ¨fix¨ will improve somewhat your game time.

I understand the point of view I would too not play anymore but as I said previously I can bear some crashes if they are hour apart.

wasnt refering to this fix Akanami, was talking about this:

do a reset Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8
Right-click the icon you use to launch the game.
Click Open file location to open the World of Warcraft folder.
Delete the Cache, Interface, and WTF folders.
Completely exit the game.

and honestly i didn't do the opengl fix because im kinda tired of "bearable" solutions. after all here is a list:

-make sure that you update the drivers for your graphics card. they are:
-converting Dx11 to Dx9
- UI reset like rosco mentioned
- Repair the game files
- Run the Memory Diagnostic Tool
- Close Background Applications that may be effecting the game client:
- Repair your hard drive and run ScanDisk
- Check for Overheating CPU or Video Card

Can anyone imagine how long this takes?!!? esp the ScanDisk run-oh im raging now
Edited by Pinguinz on 4/25/2013 5:25 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
The other issue that most people don't realize about the #132 error is it not just one error but a whole range of errors. The cause can be anything from malware to bad video drivers to even a bad addon.

Aye, that was what I was trying to say about the error. I guess I didn't specify it well enough.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Now that I think about it, would having multiple crash reports from players experiencing the problem be more effective? Or would the likelihood be that the errors are just full repeats and unnecessary extra data? (Not sure how this works for you guys so just seeing if I can help =D)
90 Pandaren Priest
Ah I never stated that blizz was a liar if you read the previous post you can read why I said that.

You say the error can be a due several things but this one as far as I know is linked to a specific set of video cards and started (mine did) after a hotfix. I understand that lots of things can be involved but is clear this one has one thing triggering it. You can look in EU, China forums and see that BREAKPOINT is affecting AMD cards. All I that I want is to know why it is causing conflicts in our systems and if there's a way to fix it.

This is the first major issue I've ever experiencied in all this year of playing that actually is annoying me. As a costumer I care about how does it affects my game time and naturally expect a solution otherwise I'd never wasted my time searching for solution or options.
Edited by Akanami on 4/25/2013 11:54 AM PDT
55 Blood Elf Warlock
-make sure that you update the drivers for your graphics card. they are:
-converting Dx11 to Dx9
- UI reset like rosco mentioned
- Repair the game files
- Run the Memory Diagnostic Tool
- Close Background Applications that may be effecting the game client:
- Repair your hard drive and run ScanDisk
- Check for Overheating CPU or Video Card
and if after doing all this it still freezes i did all that before opengl it wasn't until i set it to opengl that i could play for longer then 2 steps and half a sentence before needing to forcibly close the game because of a complete freeze out
90 Pandaren Priest
I guess there isn't a explanation of what is happening yet.

Please T-T I miss my game without crashes
50 Human Mage
hopefully it is completely fixed before patch 5.3
90 Night Elf Druid
opengl seems to have given me high hopes but after the first crash in "krazzworks-Twighlight Highlands"..it started crashing as soon as i logged in. just made things worst..after playing again after two days ill be leaving it again until some "sorta" fix comes up. wont be renewing my subscription until then.
90 Pandaren Priest
Well the "effectiveness" of opengl seems to vary I personally experience 2-3 crashes at one-two hours apart then no more crashes and I can play 4-5 hours continuously but it is annoying if it crashes when fighting mobs and log back dead...
Edited by Akanami on 4/26/2013 4:35 PM PDT
50 Human Mage
perhaps i might have had a different error 132 because since doing opengl i have not froze
90 Pandaren Priest
Oh boy I've been playing like 5 hours ins a row without crashes, it must be my lucky day!
51 Pandaren Shaman
I didn't noticed that 5.3 data is already being downloaded... but how about a fix for the crashes? Would be ready before 5.3? I wonder if it is possible.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]