Patch 5.3 thoughts

90 Orc Warrior
So how many of you are looking forward to patch 5.3? As for me I am not looking forward to it. The fact that a new player will have as much survive ability as me after I worked weeks to obtain my gear is the biggest turnoff for me. Dominating bg's once your geared is something I always looked forward to in gearing a character.

What about you guys, you looking forward to it, or unexcited about it like me?
Edited by Dirtygërd on 4/19/2013 2:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Tons of new hunter stable space.

Yesplease.
Reply Quote
New title(s)? Hell yes.

Some buffs/nerfs? Yes.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
hunter stable space.

That's about it.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Really excited for where the story is going. Been avoiding most spoilers so far.

Also looking forward to the pet battle changes. Misses and dodges were out of hand =)
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Don't really care. I'm not a PvPer so the changes there don't affect me. Not a fan of scenarios or quests which is all the PvE content is. And the new story developments are really lacking, at least on the Alliance side.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I'm actually looking forward to a more skill based pvp system.Starting mid season is a huge pain in the butt and a reason why many people don't bother with PvP. Time to prove yourself in PvP and not expect your flashy armor to do the job for you.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Don't really care. I'm not a PvPer so the changes there don't affect me. Not a fan of scenarios or quests which is all the PvE content is. And the new story developments are really lacking, at least on the Alliance side.

Ya I to don't ever run the scenarios. I did them maybe once or twice to see what they were, after that I just stuck to heroics. Yet they are adding more of them
I'm actually looking forward to a more skill based pvp system.Starting mid season is a huge pain in the butt and a reason why many people don't bother with PvP. Time to prove yourself in PvP and not expect your flashy armor to do the job for you

One thing I don't agree with is that they can make pvp more of a skill based system, but why can't pve be more skill based to then? Sure understanding your class plays a role in how you perform, but in the end gear is everything.
Edited by Dirtygërd on 4/19/2013 2:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
So how many of you are looking forward to patch 5.3? As for me I am not looking forward to it. The fact that a new player will have as much survive ability as me after I worked weeks to obtain my gear is the biggest turnoff for me. Dominating bg's once your geared is something I always looked forward to, gearing a character.

What about you guys, you looking forward to it, or unexcited about it like me?

At least you're honest about the fact that what's bothering you is the fact that you can't steamroll someone.

Blizzard wants more players getting involved in PvP, and realized that the sizable entry barrier was a meaningful deterrent to this goal. It's just quite literally no fun for someone who wants to try out PvP to come into a BG or, God forbid, Arena, and get one-shot by the Hunter from the other side of the battlefield before they go on a machine gun-style rampage on everyone else, many of whom can take that initial hit and give something back.

Losing doesn't feel good, but it's palatable if you can at least conclude you had a chance of not losing. It's one thing to be killed by a player who's better than you are, but it's another thing entirely to come in with the assumption of ongoing loss until you finally collect enough points to start being competitive.

The new system lets people interested in trying out PvP do so without a guarantee of being one-shot. Better gear still provides better opportunities for those who have it via PvP Power (higher damage), but the total lack of PvP gear doesn't immediately guarantee loss.

This isn't a bad thing.
Reply Quote
The fact that a new player will have as much survive ability as me after I worked weeks to obtain my gear is the biggest turnoff for me

Not me, win or lose I much prefer a good fight to a faceroll.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Warrior
The fact that a new player will have as much survive ability as me after I worked weeks to obtain my gear is the biggest turnoff for me

If the sole difference between winning and losing against a new player is your gear?

You need more practice.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Not me, win or lose I much prefer a good fight to a faceroll.

I feel the same at times, I look at arena and dueling as a more competitive skill based system. Then I like to look at bg's as the place to face roll and dominate once you have gotten your good gear.
At least you're honest about the fact that what's bothering you is the fact that you can't steamroll someone

Not gonna lie, I sure love that feeling when you completely destroy someone ungeared with cd's popped. Yet I know that used to be me when I was under geared, motivated me to get better gear haha
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
They can just flat out give me top pvp gear and I will simply use it for pve
Reply Quote
One thing I don't agree with is that they can make pvp more of a skill based system, but why can't pve be more skill based to then? Sure understanding your class plays a role in how you perform, but in the end gear is everything.

What are you on that leads you to believe this?

PvP and PvE in their greatest forms are 100% reliant on overall team skill as a unit.

Top raiding guilds tackle content mere weeks after content is released. Their gear is fairly limited short term. They get their kills based on time commitment and skill.

Top PvPers dedicate the same amount of time and skill to what they do.

Venues are different, commitment is the same.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
If the sole difference between winning and losing against a new player is your gear?

You need more practice.

That's like me saying, "Oh this mage with ilvl 522 out dps'ed you by alot even though you have ilvl 486, you need more practice." Skill with good gear, leads to dominating your opponents.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
What are you on that leads you to believe this?

PvP and PvE in their greatest forms are 100% reliant on overall team skill as a unit.

Top raiding guilds tackle content mere weeks after content is released. Their gear is fairly limited short term. They get their kills based on time commitment and skill.

Top PvPers dedicate the same amount of time and skill to what they do.

Venues are different, commitment is the same.

Yes but both competitive pvp'ers and pve'ers have good gear prior to attempting these challenges. Without this gear, even with a high amount of skill, it cannot be obtained or completed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I am very excited for the next patch, probably as much as I was looking forward to Trial of the Crusader (I loved that patch).
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
lots of battle pets being added. nomz
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Uh, this is a kinda minor thing, but I really like the new cosmetic shirts from the Brawler's guild, specifically how they change the appearance of your armor. Now I can DPS while in a tux ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Uh, this is a kinda minor thing, but I really like the new cosmetic shirts from the Brawler's guild, specifically how they change the appearance of your armor. Now I can DPS while in a tux ^_^

Hardly minor!
It's really nice to see new vanity being added. I wish they'd have the old New Character shirts on the BMAH or something - I still have no idea why those were removed. There's already a shortage of good shirts in the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]