Warrior vs Shaman vs Mage (New Fotm?)

17 Human Priest
I really want to play a new class now that ive made my druid and such. MY restro druid is really fun and im using addons that make healer classes reeally easy. So if i was to make a warrior it would be arms, Restro Shaman, and a Frost mage. But i want to try and find the Fotm that will stay for more than 2 patches really..
And i just wanna find a class that might suit my style of gaming. I like to see big numbers and i want to be on top of the kill list in PvP . On my druid i was always last place cus i dont know how to pvp with it. So big numbers, being on top of kill list in Pvp. Awesome DPS. And awesome training solo. Thanks in advance
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
But i want to try and find the Fotm that will stay for more than 2 patches really..

No one knows this, even the current FoTM as it is now on the 5.3 PTR may be different by the time 5.3 hits the live servers.

You're chasing something that no one can predict, not even Blizzard developers.

04/20/2013 12:42 PMPosted by Quido
On my druid i was always last place cus i dont know how to pvp with it.

Then the reason why it didn't work for you isn't because it's a poor class/spec for PvP, it's because you didn't know how to play it. Changing to a different class/spec won't solve that problem for you. No matter what class/spec you play you're going to get stomped a lot in PvP until you learn how to play both the class/spec in PvP AND how to approach PvP in general for all classes.
Edited by Avanna on 4/20/2013 12:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
17 Human Priest
Then the reason why it didn't work for you isn't because it's a poor class/spec for PvP, it's because you didn't know how to play it. Changing to a different class/spec won't solve that problem for you. No matter what class/spec you play you're going to get stomped a lot in PvP until you learn how to play both the class/spec in PvP AND how to approach PvP in general for all classes.

well i just dont wanna play my druid anymore either...sooo ya
what class do u reccomend outta the ones i put . should i just try em all and figure which i like the best?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
what class do u reccomend outta the ones i put . should i just try em all and figure which i like the best?

Yup. They all are good in PvP, whether or not they're good for you and are a class you'd enjoy is something only you can decide.
Reply Quote
I agree with everything Avenna said.

FoTM changes each patch based on perceived and actual buffs and nerfs to the various classes. Certain fight mechanics will also favor some classes over others in PvE, effecting which class produces the most damage (or healing).

I also agree with her assessment that the reason you struggled with druid is because you didn't know how to play the class in PvP. If you want to succeed at PvP, you should over to the Druid class forums or ArenaJunkies to get some pointers as to how druids work in a PvP setting. Switching your spec or class isn't going to teach you the situational awareness and class knowledge crucial to success in PvP; only practice and study will do that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
04/20/2013 01:01 PMPosted by Sneakys
FoTM changes each patch

I've even seen it change a few times during mid-patch due to various hotfixes. One class gets tweaked down a little bit, another class gets tweaked up and, *tada* someone else was now on top.

There have also been more than a few times when FotM turned into FotW (week) just because of a massive bug in a class ability until Blizzard hotfixed it. Like the Paladin craziness at MoP's debut.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
If you really want lots of kills as a warrior, try rolling prot for low levels. Shield slam hits pretty high.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]