Zarhym talks about April fools.

(Locked)

https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/319169193306124288

There you have it, no April fools joke because they wanted to work on real content.

Also, I like the background.
90 Human Warrior
WHOA WHOA STOP THE PRESSES!! They're working on actual content? MADNESS!!!
90 Draenei Priest
A bitter part of me thinks more content=more dailies. But that probably isn't true. I'm sure the SoO and such is gonna be amazing and put other raids to shame.
86 Troll Death Knight
It's a conspiracy!
90 Troll Shaman
They couldn't at least leave Crabby up all day and put out some patch notes? :/
90 Worgen Rogue
they wanted to work on real content.

That excuse just never gets old, does it?
90 Human Paladin
A bitter part of me thinks more content=more dailies. But that probably isn't true. I'm sure the SoO and such is gonna be amazing and put other raids to shame.

Oh, it probably is. And honestly, if they can't take the time to write up a simple joke, it's not because they don't have the "resources" (/eyeroll) to spare, it's because they just don't care.
90 Human Warrior
MORE DAILIES MUST BE PRODUCED!
90 Human Warrior
I guess they werent working on real content every year before this one.
90 Undead Mage
It must take too much development time to create a fake web article with photoshopped images.
90 Human Warrior
Real content?

You mean more dailies?

April Fool's joke would have been better.

I like Dailies. Actual Content is better then an April's Fool's Joke. You people are impossible to please.

Oh, it probably is. And honestly, if they can't take the time to write up a simple joke, it's not because they don't have the "resources" (/eyeroll) to spare, it's because they just don't care.

Wrong, it's because people like you are near impossible. It's not because they don't care.
Edited by Aeluron on 4/3/2013 12:13 PM PDT
90 Worgen Priest
They couldn't at least leave Crabby up all day and put out some patch notes? :/

The patchnotes are always the best part too. I keep waiting for them to leave the shaman section blank one year.
90 Draenei Paladin
I guess they werent working on real content every year before this one.

This explains ToC.

It must take too much development time to create a fake web article with photoshopped images.

Shoot, what was the name of that instance they made for April Fool's a few years ago? The one where it was pitch black? I'm pretty sure some work went into that.
Edited by Valethria on 4/3/2013 12:14 PM PDT
90 Tauren Paladin
With the amount of $$$ Blizzard (activison/vivendi) makes they should be giving us Content and April fools jokes.

Idk the numbers of subs lately but say 7mil.

7mil times 15$ a month is $105,000,000 monthly, thats 1.26 billion dollars a year.

That's more than enough money to hire some people to do damn near anything, armor dyes, more 5 mans, whatever.

that would be 31,000 employees making what I do annually.
Edited by Greenkoala on 4/3/2013 12:15 PM PDT
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
"We're working on more content."

PTR change patch notes go up the day after with said content.

The WoW community: "IT CLEARLY MEANS MORE DAILIES!"

Seriously, if they HAD done something it would be: "Well they're wasting resource development on jokes!" and since they didn't do anything for that reason it means more complaining.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
Edited by Alona on 4/3/2013 12:15 PM PDT
90 Orc Death Knight
Seems like many of their previous April Fools offerings have not been all that "development intensive".

Seems like something someone hashed out over a few hours. While keeping a friendly connection to the community.

Seems to me that sorta of thing is not important anymore. Kinda sad really. Both in their need to excuse it. And distance themselves further from the community that ACTUALLY KEEPS THEM WORKING.

But I am sure Activision tightening the belt around Blizzards spending. To increase/milk whatever they can out of their aging Flagship game. They really had little choice perhaps.

What I find funny is that my wife. Who is a off and on player. Even she found it very odd that Blizzard did nothing this year on one of their annual traditions.
85 Tauren Druid

WAIT WAIT WAIT....You rather choose to have an april fool's joke than real content...Dailies? Well apparently you're still playing this game, so u must enjoy it bud.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]