Zarhym talks about April fools.

(Locked)

90 Goblin Hunter
Zarhym, mind confirming that that dark ranger class thing was up at some point as a joke? I see people saying it was but I obviously can't confirm or not.

That was fan created I thought.
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage
Crabby only appeared this year as he was on a timer.

Even the Blizzard guys were trolled *delete* *delete* *delete* surprised by him.
90 Undead Warlock
Based on all the interesting replies I've been receiving on Twitter, I just want to specify here that I was primarily referring to website content and the priorities of our Web and Community teams. These are the teams that tend to put the most focus on April Fools jokes on our websites. People are extrapolating a lot of strange conclusions out of what I said... or, I guess more accurately, what I didn't even say.

And, as I said in the first of those tweets listed on MMO-C, we DID work on ideas for this year's April 1, but they didn't really pan out. We decided we couldn't justify spending MORE time on it this year with everything else going on. This doesn't mean we had more time to kill in previous years, or that we'll never do gags on our website again. It was a matter of priorities and time investment.

It's awesome that people enjoy when we do fun stuff. We like fun too. I'm sure we can all continue to have fun together, even if we didn't fool people on the day everyone not only expects it, but apparently demands it. :p

You could've given us administrator access to the website and we could've help with the April Fool's prank. >:-)
90 Worgen Death Knight
Zarhym, mind confirming that that dark ranger class thing was up at some point as a joke? I see people saying it was but I obviously can't confirm or not.
It wasn't, it was created by someone else on a different site as a gag.
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
04/03/2013 12:33 PMPosted by Sayne

That was fan created I thought.

That was indeed 100% fan created.

Really well done though.
Edited by Alona on 4/3/2013 12:35 PM PDT
90 Goblin Death Knight
It's awesome that people enjoy when we do fun stuff. We like fun too. I'm sure we can all continue to have fun together, even if we didn't fool people on the day everyone not only expects it, but apparently demands it. :p

The only proper response should be, "We failed."

Enough times saying that, instead of attempting to justify the failure, means that you will more than likely attempt to make the failing stop. Quit trying to sugar-coat the reality.
15 Human Warrior
Based on all the interesting replies I've been receiving on Twitter, I just want to specify here that I was primarily referring to website content and the priorities of our Web and Community teams. These are the teams that tend to put the most focus on April Fools jokes on our websites. People are extrapolating a lot of strange conclusions out of what I said... or, I guess more accurately, what I didn't even say.

And, as I said in the first of those tweets listed on MMO-C, we DID work on ideas for this year's April 1, but they didn't really pan out. We decided we couldn't justify spending MORE time on it this year with everything else going on. This doesn't mean we had more time to kill in previous years, or that we'll never do gags on our website again. It was a matter of priorities and time investment.

Alrighty, Zarhym. ^^

Looking forward to next year's April Fools Day jokes! : D They've always given me some great laughs in the past. ^^

Like that screenshot of Crabby the Helpful Dungeon Helper Crab, where the boss is spewing fire everywhere and everyone's health is dropping low. Then Crabby says, "It seems like your healer's asleep at the wheel. Would you like me to poke him for you?" and the first option is, "That'd be great, thanks." But whenever I get to the second option, I always burst out laughing. "OH GOD IT BURNS!" I don't know why it's funny, it just is.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Zarhym, I hope you remember that tweet the next time you're inclined to give the canned "Doing X doesn't take away resources from Y, we have independent teams" response we've been treated to for years. I'm glad you guys are finally admitting something we all knew and decried for many, many years now.
85 Tauren Druid
I have no idea what you're talking about.

You said, the healing aspect in WoW is the only thing keeping you playing. Now, what in WoW do u hate? or u just qqing to qq?
90 Draenei Priest
website content and the priorities of our Web and Community teams.

I'm not one who is complaining about there being no April Fool's Joke this year. It would have been nice because it is something fun for those of us who spend a lot of time on this site, but I can live without it (oh, and BTW...Please, please, please retire Crabby!) but...

Seriously? What Web Content? A few updates to Patch Notes and some Blogs? Really?

There is an entire forum dedicated to Website Features with enormous suggestions from players who use this website often that are seemingly ignored completely. Everything from Character stances on the Armory to creating better Recruitment Forums.

The original WoW website, from look to content and back again, was vastly better than what we have today with many more features, easier navigation and a better overall feel.

Perhaps the Web and Community Teams should actually show of some of this work on content that couldn't be held off on for a couple of days to give the fans of the website something fun to do for a day instead of just saying they're "working on it".
90 Blood Elf Hunter
yah... that would be awesome, if last year they didn't say "the team that works on april fool's jokes, aren't part of the development team" nice try, nice try.
15 Human Warrior
Zarhym, I hope you remember that tweet the next time you're inclined to give the canned "Doing X doesn't take away resources from Y, we have independent teams" response we've been treated to for years. I'm glad you guys are finally admitting something we all knew and decried for many, many years now.

Fun hat fact #12231: Sometimes even independent teams have multiple tasks to complete. ^^
90 Pandaren Shaman

Whats your wow characters name??
90 Draenei Priest
You said, the healing aspect in WoW is the only thing keeping you playing. Now, what in WoW do u hate? or u just qqing to qq?

Are you...trying to pick a fight? Are you going to tell me that the things I hate, my own personal opinion, are wrong? Are you going to tell me I'm not allowed to dislike things in this game, or try to shout me down to tell me why my likes and dislikes are invalid and that I NEED to like this that and the other?

Like what possible purpose could me telling you that, for example, I think herbalism is boring (I don't, I find it very soothing, but for example) serve? What could you say in response except that "you're wrong for not liking herbalism?"
90 Human Monk
@Zarhym

The problem isn't what was said. The problem is that it's being said so often now that it's getting really annoying. I mean, it's to the point that I'm expecting it as a response right up there next to "soon" when changes are discussed.
15 Human Warrior
04/03/2013 12:39 PMPosted by Damalia

Are you...trying to pick a fight? Are you going to tell me that the things I hate, my own personal opinion, are wrong? Are you going to tell me I'm not allowed to dislike things in this game, or try to shout me down to tell me why my likes and dislikes are invalid and that I NEED to like this that and the other?

Like what possible purpose could me telling you that, for example, I think herbalism is boring (I don't, I find it very soothing, but for example) serve? What could you say in response except that "you're wrong for not liking herbalism?"

A number of years ago, I realized that everything is wrong to someone or other.

So then when people say to me, "Hey, Pounce, wanna raid with us?" I just reply back with, "Raiding is immoral."
90 Worgen Warlock
even if we didn't fool people on the day everyone not only expects it, but apparently demands it. :p

Demands it? When you as a company do something every year people expect it and are let down when it doesn't happen. Way to let your customers down on such an easy thing to do.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]