Zarhym talks about April fools.

(Locked)

90 Human Paladin
I wonder. if they don't have time to do these things now, with a small expansion. what would we see with an actual large expansion that spans 10 levels. We'd never see any extra "fun" content
Edited by Waylord on 4/3/2013 12:46 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin
04/03/2013 12:42 PMPosted by Pouncestress

Are you...trying to pick a fight? Are you going to tell me that the things I hate, my own personal opinion, are wrong? Are you going to tell me I'm not allowed to dislike things in this game, or try to shout me down to tell me why my likes and dislikes are invalid and that I NEED to like this that and the other?

Like what possible purpose could me telling you that, for example, I think herbalism is boring (I don't, I find it very soothing, but for example) serve? What could you say in response except that "you're wrong for not liking herbalism?"

A number of years ago, I realized that everything is wrong to someone or other.

So then when people say to me, "Hey, Pounce, wanna raid with us?" I just reply back with, "Raiding is immoral."

xD
90 Troll Priest
Essentially; the guys in charge of money decided they rather not spend any time/effort (money) on a tradition. Just another reason Blizzard is failing lately. :(

And seriously, the claim of "We thought about whether players wanted jokes & fake content, or real content. We're working on real content." if for the weak minded... Blizzard thinks it's players are essentially that.

You're a moron.
90 Draenei Shaman
Sure are a lot of crybabies in this thread. Good entertainment.
15 Human Warrior

So then when people say to me, "Hey, Pounce, wanna raid with us?" I just reply back with, "Raiding is immoral."

xD

Well it IS!
86 Tauren Shaman
First no pre-expansion event, now no April fools jokes. Looks like I can now break out my Rose Colored Goggles and reflect to yester-years.
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock

xD

Well it IS!

Does anyone ever question you further or do they just go, "Huh." and wander off trying to work it out for themselves?
Edited by Alona on 4/3/2013 12:47 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I always find the april fool's patch notes funny, too bad they didn't have them. Let's hope the content they are working on is worthwhile.
85 Tauren Druid
Are you...trying to pick a fight? Are you going to tell me that the things I hate, my own personal opinion, are wrong? Are you going to tell me I'm not allowed to dislike things in this game, or try to shout me down to tell me why my likes and dislikes are invalid and that I NEED to like this that and the other?

Like what possible purpose could me telling you that, for example, I think herbalism is boring (I don't, I find it very soothing, but for example) serve? What could you say in response except that "you're wrong for not liking herbalism?"

I'm not trying to pick a fight, It's just usually people complaining about laziness. "Ohhh i hate dailies why can't i have heroics"

Which again, could be an opinion based thing yes.

I guess I misinterpreted what you said, I saw you as a person who misses the old WoW.

Apologies ^.^
90 Goblin Death Knight
04/03/2013 12:44 PMPosted by Byniri
You're a moron.

Mumbles something about cookware calling each other names...
90 Draenei Priest

It is to a certain degree; breaking into various castles, fortresses, and such and then killing everyone and everything in your path before stealing all their lewts. Certainly not very hero-like, when you get down to brass tacks.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, It's just usually people complaining about laziness. "Ohhh i hate dailies why can't i have heroics"

Which again, could be an opinion based thing yes.

I guess I misinterpreted what you said, I saw you as a person who misses the old WoW.

Apologies ^.^

Well I'm certainly don't miss the old WoW. I played in Vanilla and then quit because I didn't care for it (I know, I know, blasphmey. Everyone loved Classic.) I came back in early wrath and found the art of healing and I've been happily PW:S away ever since.

I don't like dailies but I don't whine about it, I just don't do them. I get my charms from pet battles and go about my business. I don't run heroics either, to be fair.

But. Apology accepted.
Edited by Damalia on 4/3/2013 12:55 PM PDT
90 Human Death Knight
04/03/2013 12:33 PMPosted by Suraia
They're all about maximizing subs for the minimum amount of effort now.
nonsense, if they were Alliance lore wouldn't be so terrible!

I don't think enough people care about the story for to impact subs significantly.
90 Human Paladin

xD

Well it IS!

There really isn't much that isn't sugar coated immorality.
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage
Raid ?

What dat ? *is imagining a giant can of fly spray*
90 Gnome Mage
That's always what they say though.

/skeptical glare
90 Goblin Hunter
I wonder. if they don't have time to do these things now, with a small expansion. what would we see with an actual large expansion that spans 10 levels. We'd never see any extra "fun" content

Why do you think levels have anything to do with amount of content? It is a pretty common complaint that leveling takes too long and you have to do too much to hit 90.
15 Human Warrior

Well it IS!

Does anyone ever question you further or do they just go, "Huh." and wander off?

Usually they ask me why. Then I feel an uncontrollable urge to explain the anxiety that raiding gives me. This is usually followed by them either telling me my anxiety is stupid, or that I should come anyways.

As the conversation goes on, I get rapidly less friendly and more rude. Eventually I just say, "F*** off," and they drop it shortly after.

Sometimes they give up quicker, sometimes not.
90 Human Paladin
http://www.wowpedia.org/2007_April_Fools

Here is actually a list of all the April Fools jokes made over the past 10 years. Is it really our fault for expecting something awesome, or Blizzard's for establishing this tradition?
Edited by Zathas on 4/3/2013 12:51 PM PDT
15 Human Warrior

Here is actually a list of all the April Fools jokes made over the past 10 years. Is it really our fault for expecting something awesome, or Blizzard's for establishing this tradition?

It's honestly our fault for being so... I'm not sure whether to say crazy or stupid... that we invent conspiracy theories to explain why it didn't happen this year when presented with believable reasons.

Personally, I think we're all nuts.

Yeah, it sucks that it didn't happen this year. But I don't think it's worth calling people bad names over.

Also:

Neural interface! That's what it was! Not a simple VR kit.

Stupid memory.
Edited by Pouncestress on 4/3/2013 12:57 PM PDT
90 Human Priest

There's nothing wrong with expecting it. There's a lot wrong with throwing a fit over not getting it one time.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]